Notices

Class Of July 2011 pt 3

Old 08-17-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

[QUOTE=wheresthefun;3074718
Cept I have a headache, it's so strange to have a headache that isn't part of a hangover, nice too I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have thought this too! until i woke up with a migraine that lasted two days oh well, still better than a hangover!

Congrats on 30 days, EdwardM. that's a big deal in my book!

englishrose - Phoebe-like is pretty much how the songs went, too! just maybe one step up from "smelly cat" (which my girls love too!)
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Way to go everyone on racking up those days!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice!

I am still chugging along as well in July Micronation with Elvis!

Busy, but things are good!! Keep going guys!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:28 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

hello my super amazing julian friends!

i have been mia as of late, sorry about that. i am now on my 12th day of no cigarettes & haven't been the most pleasant person to deal with

as for the other poison, i am doing well & still hanging in there. i think i am at 38 days today, lost count update, i just checked & i am on day 40, *****ooo!!!!

way to go ed on your 30 days! that was a big deal for me personally, enjoy your amazing day!

hereagain2, you are doing great & great job on your day 4!

cerb - i have the craziest dreams too. i guess i never dreamed the way i do sober

er - hahaha about talking to your self. i was in the grocery stores the other day basically talking to my coupons right in front of someone. she looked at me, i told her i was talking to myself, & she said i do that all the time. we just started laughing like crazy. we are not the only crazies in the world, haha!

r4r - as usual your uplifting & cheerful posts are part of the reason i can make it on some of my crazier days! you are amazing!!!

vc & cy - i swear if i miss the julian chat another day i will scream!!! i need to set the alarm on my phone, even though i could mess it up like i did the other day. telling the difference between am & pm is hard

wheresthefun - yay for 24!! whenever i get a headache now it is really baffling. i am always saying, so this is what a sober headache feels like

Wantingit - 22 days is superb!!!!

elvis & all of you other rockers out there - i used to play the piano ages ago, all this music talk is making me want to take it up again. now i just need to find a piano & where i can stash it!

we will all be sober, just for today!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

This headache thing has GOT to go now that you have brought it up. True, I am happy it isn't a hangover headache but I think I have narrowed it down to either sugar, dairy or coffee. I made myself a latte this morning with all of the above and a half hour later I was miserable. I have never had issues with what I eat before darn it. Anyway, I decided to get on the treadmill and after 5 minutes I had pushed through it and I am mostly better.

It is wonderful to hear all the big numbers out there! It sure makes me want to keep it up myself.... thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rae123 View Post
update, i just checked & i am on day 40, *****ooo!!!!
Hey, Rae! Great to hear from you again. We missed you. Where have ya been?

Congratulations on the big 40 days! I'm so proud of you for quitting smoking, too. You're awesome!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

45 entire days since I had that last drink of Red Wine on the plane back home. Bleurgh. The thought of it.

I wish I wasn't such an awful flier. It's embarrassing. I'm going to go to the doctor at the end of next month and ask for 4 or 5 small Valium for the round trip in October. It's only a 2 hour flight too. My goodness.

I don't like taking Valium whatsoever. If I can't sleep at night my mum comes in and asks if I want half a tablet. I've refused it every time as I know that benzos can pose just as much trouble as booze and Christ that's been a fight.

45 days though. I feel I've come on a decent way in that time. Still more work to do. Every day there's more work to do. No room for complacency.

Super charge the hate cells towards alcohol. I feel like I'm still in the lower atmosphere, trying to blast out into space from the reign of alcohol's gravity. Sometimes I feel like I'm deliberately over stating the power of the enemy. That I'm trying to kill a moth with a heated clothes iron. Then I realize that I'm facing a wolf. That hides. Re-emerges. A clothes iron will not suffice, nor will a mop. I will repeatedly gouge it in the face with a fork.

It's now that I realize that I've went too far with that analogy and that I'm up the creek without a paddle.

Stop using analogies!!

Looking at old photos of myself in my lost year just makes me feel sad more than anything.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:49 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

My headache is finally gone!

Shower, idiot box, bed. Another sober day, in the books.

Elvis - stop looking at those pictures!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElvisInASkirt View Post
45 entire days since I had that last drink of Red Wine on the plane back home.
Wow, Elvis, 45 days for you, wooooo hooooo! That's terrific! I'm proud of you, too!

Trying to kill a wolf with a fork, though? That's just forked up.
(I know, I know. But still.....heee, heee!)
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Thanks, Rae -- I think you guys are pretty amazing
Old 08-18-2011, 03:09 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I've been learning Creep by Radiohead on guitar and it reminds me of drinking and feeling sorry for myself. So I've decided to rewrite the lyrics and change the title to 'Beast'.

Been here many times before.
My mouth is desert dry.
I've just raided the fridge
Of all of the Sunny Delight.
My skin feels like leather.
And I'm wondering what I've done.
I wish I was sober.
[You'll never be f***ing sober!].

[I'm the beast.
And you're a weirdo.
What the hell are you doing here?
This isn't a pub].

My head really hurts.
And I've just checked my phone
28 drunken messages
15 missed calls.
I called Al a heartless ****** and Stacey a bore.
I wish I was sober.
[You'll never be f***ing sober!].

[I'm the beast.
And you're the weirdo.
This isn't a pub!]

[You've run out of booze.
Go out and get some more.
Go! Run! Run! Run!]

[Booze will make you happy.
What else could you want?]
I wish I was sober.
[You'll never be sober].

[I'm the beast.
You're a weirdo.
This isn't a pub?
This isn't a pub].
Old 08-18-2011, 05:56 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey all . . . so this thread is for everyone whose last drink was in July. That''s me! What a great idea for us to all keep each other motivated.

I'm on Day 24. The past few days have been really rough. But I just didn't want to reset the sobriety clock.

My sponsor txted me last night, reminding me that we are powerless over many things. I thought about it and I felt more that my freedom that I've had over the past 3+ weeks is also pretty powerful. ALong with AA meetings, posting here, and the grace of God - I am sober one more day.

Which is more important than all the other crap that was bringing me down.

Keep it up everyone!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:45 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Edwardm

One Month Today!! Woo Hoo!

This morning I would like to thank everyone on this forum for being so supportive, I couldn't have done it without you guys. I think of how many times I tried to go solo and failed. You guys provided that encouragement and help during the hard times that made this possible. I know there's a long road ahead, but you guys make the traveling alot easier. I'm proud to be a Julian, what a great group. Boy, I'm getting verklempt, Wilbur get a tissue.

Know to give some props!!

Stu- welcome to the Julians, a wonderful and supportive group. Good job on day 24, feel free to post.
Elvis- 45, keep it up, I've hijacked your mantra, I will not drink today!
Rae- So proud of you, smoking and drinking, keep it up. You're on the right track. Find that piano and go for it. I started 12 years ago with my daughter, she quit and I continue lessons today. A great stress relief.
WTFun- almost wrote WTF, 24 days awesome!!
R4R- Day 18- way to go!
ER- Good to see you're still keeping that "stiff upper lip". Love your stories, I too talk to myself (and my dogs).
Cy, VC, Cerb- So supportive, you are all great and make this group a pleasure.
Dee- Thanks for the shoulder to lean on and the kick in the rear when needed. I appreciate all the time you put into this forum to help me and others. Thank you.

Facing each day sober is awesome!!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thanks Ed, and thanks to everyone else.

WTFun, WTF, same diff, iffin you ask me.

Keep it up every, personally, I've found the fun!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:27 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Way to go Ed!!

Morning everyone!

Say Elvis, at the rate you are going with that guitar, when do you go on tour with your new band, "Micronation?"

Hi Stuart, welcome to our group! Hey I am from CT originally!

Gotta run but I hope you all have a strong day!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:49 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good morning, Julians....that includes newcomers, existing members, and those passing through with good wishes! Way to keep sober today, everyone! We may be a smaller group, but we're a strong bunch of loyals.

Gearing up for my big 20 days tomorrow. First time I've been sober that long in years. Different this time around. Last time I had to abstain for a while in preparation for surgery. This time it's all for me, my decision, with nothing hanging over my head to make me do it or scare me into it. So much freedom in sobriety, yay! And so much extra time on my hands to get stuff accomplished, too. As I was saying to VC earlier today, it's great to NOT throw away the day buzzed, lazy, and then passed out.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey everyone your doing great work! Me started off the day good but had 2 drinks last night. So its day 1 again. And yesterday while i was sober I sent a txt msg to someone I shouldnt really involved with. Nothing bad just saying hi but I have no reason to be really saying hi to this person. I'm still working through a lot of personal stuff. I know i havent made any progress but its really good to have people to talk to and a place to track my behavior.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I was just thinking maybe I get myself drunk or into these situations to avoid feeling how I'm feeling
Old 08-18-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Mr. Ed MAJOR CONGRATS ON ONE MONTH!!!!

Hereagain... keep trying There's help and hope...
Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Edwardm

Cypress-

You showed a lot of strength and courage getting back into the game. You should be proud. 20 days on a Friday that's great and just think, Saturday will be 3 weeks!! It's really nice to be more productive, once I had that first drink after work, the day was over. One positive- I haven't changed my routine much and lost a few lbs. The only difference is no alcohol and being more active in the evening. Maybe the metabolism is ramping up. I know alcohol slows it down.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Edwardm View Post
I'm proud to be a Julian, what a great group. Boy, I'm getting verklempt, Wilbur get a tissue.
Hey, Ed. Thank you for all of your kind words of support. I'm getting a little verklempt myself!

Coffee Talk with Linda Richman, anyone? Heee, heee!