Notices

Class Of July 2011 pt 3

Old 09-19-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Silver, he is not your fav player, he is mine. LOL! I just got back from the Miami game......I actually met Robert Kraft.......sat right behind the Patriots bench! I got some great pics of Brady and Belichick. Did you see part I of that two-part special on him?

And VC - I think the resolve you speak of, for me, is simply MY OWN resolve. I ain't doing this for no one else but me. And to be honest, any other way, I don't think would work (for me anyway).
Yeah that's what I mean Stu........we have to have that deep down resolve......otherwise it goes out the window.........keep doing what you're doing!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hey, everybody. Crawling back from the dead. Thanks for the soup and good wishes! Starting to feel a little better after a 3-hour nap. Everything tastes like that vile orange cough/cold syrup, so no wine urges today, for sure. Felt a little lightheaded earlier and managed to slip and fall down the stairs, yikes! No real harm, just a bruised butt cheek and sore elbow. Suppose I won't be sitting down too much at work tomorrow, hee hee!

Stu, I hope all turns out well at home. As you point out, at least there is no active drinking to aggravate issues further. (((Hugs))) to you.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Today makes it 11 weeks!

When I started I made 100 days to be my first big milestone. Starting to get close.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:14 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Silver, he is not your fav player, he is mine. LOL! I just got back from the Miami game......I actually met Robert Kraft.......sat right behind the Patriots bench! I got some great pics of Brady and Belichick. Did you see part I of that two-part special on him?

Yeah that's what I mean Stu........we have to have that deep down resolve......otherwise it goes out the window.........keep doing what you're doing!
Yes it was a great special.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:22 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Mr. Silver!!! 11 weeks. Today is 8 weeks for me.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Things will get better one way or another.

On another note . . . after 8 weeks, I still feel quite tired in the evening. It's a good, I've-had-a-full-day-tired so not bad, but I would have thought that I would have had more evening energy. I fall asleep really, really well - or maybe it's just a matter of actually falling asleep instead of passing out (?). I think the falling asleep bit is not so typical - and I'm not complaining). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this at this stage.

Anyway - I hope everyone's doing well for this fine Tuesday. It's a bit overcast and chilly with some sprinkles here in CT.

Be well, be strong, be sober!
Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stuartp View Post

In our marriage councelling sessions earlier this year, when I had markedly decreased my drinking (not completely stopped), at one point, there were 'more things' that she would bring up (beyond my drinking). I even said at one point (annoyed) that once the 'drinking thing' is behind us, she'll come up with something else to nail me on . . . I think much closer to the truth is once the drinking was done (and the drinking became THE issue underlying everything) that other issues would arise. She has her own set of issues to deal with , and I think these are beginning to manifest themselves more and more. Without the drinking to mask over everything, all the other junk is basically exposed. .
Thank goodness I finally realized I had my own junk to take responsibility for or my marriage never would have survived. I began to see my husbands struggles as beautiful and allowed myself to trust in his journey. Of course his struggle was a little less destructive than drinking. All that aside, his struggles were not mine. And who did I ever think I was blaming him for anything ever? I am so grateful that I began to focus on myself. My struggles are beautiful and interesting enough. My marriage, when grounded in trust has grown in to an amazing foundation where we are healing our struggles together. Never perfect of course and not without trepidation. But I had I not taken a good look in the mirror I have no doubt that my family would have bit the dust. Thanks for your post. Its good to reflect but don't live in the past.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:54 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hi Symmetry . . . no, not living in the past. Respecting it. Learning from it. Not living it. Just nice to have the beer goggles off and be able to see the whole picture. It sounds like you are in a really good place and good to hear from folks that have been down this path with a spouse. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Morning Julians.

Yeah Stu, I have felt pretty tired as of late. The 'head nodding while sitting' tired! It's weird. I think I need to implement some kind of exercise routine before the tired side kicks in.........

Beautiful Montana morning today! I hope you all have a good one.

Elvis, where are you??
How are you feeling today Cy?
Old 09-20-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

VC . . . I went running on Sunday. (Not at EIAS level at all (and I'm still hurting!).) I'll regret saying this but . . . perhaps EIAS can come up with a training program for us. Argh!
Old 09-20-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hey one and all. I'm still alive and sober WOOOOOO.

Found out today that my redundancy settlement in work will be considerably more than I thought it would be.

Which means I can life without a job for quite a few months
Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

I forgot to say that I've been having a barrage of 'booze' dreams recently. 2 last night in fact. Both were extremely negative and frightening.

No desire there

Just had this dream that I desperately wanted to get back home from the mainland on the ferry but couldn't as the deck of the boat was artificially refrigerated by the captain to help transport a lost (and worried) fleet of penguins back home to Reykjavik.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:15 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

"I gotta start drinking"

Just told myself that :/ I am kind of nervous/stressed today and in the past I could drink to help deal with it. Have to just work through it.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been finding the ideas here are good for stress and anxiety Mr. S...especially 'belly breaths'

Put a Stop to Your Anxiety with These 8 Simple Tips

D
Old 09-20-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Penguin
"To see a penguin in your dream signifies that your problems are not as serious as you may think. It serves as a reminder for you to keep your cool and remain level-headed. Alternatively, seeing a penguin in your dream suggests that you are being weighed down by your emotions or by a negative situation. You need to find some balance and inner harmony."

Should say I got this from a dream interpretation website. I just googled those two words and picked the top one.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Or that you really like penguins

D
Old 09-20-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Wow, Mms, you're a dream interpreter! How awesome! So, tell me...what do I need to dream about that leads me to pick up the winning lottery ticket? Hee, hee!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wasn't being disrespectful btw mms - I really do like penguins LOL

D
Old 09-20-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stuartp View Post
VC . . . I went running on Sunday. (Not at EIAS level at all (and I'm still hurting!).) I'll regret saying this but . . . perhaps EIAS can come up with a training program for us. Argh!
I started off this time last year barely being able to walk fast for half an hour so if anyone can do it you can. Just try to enjoy whatever you do.

Nice interpretation MMS!

I do like penguins Dee. If I could I'd adopt one but it'd be cruel to keep it in the ice box.

I was bored today and called the pet shop asking if they had any red squirrels in stock. He said no and sounded angry. I then asked him if he had any grey squirrels and some of that new squirrel body paint that Jolleys stock.

He asked for my number and told me that he'd ask his supervisor and get back to me.

I had to hang up or face dying of laughter.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Dee no offense taken. I love penguins too. I just never heard of any one dreaming about them so had to look that one up. Leave it to Elvis. I'm probably going to dream about red squirrels tonight now. Who needs alcohol with this kind of entertainment?

Cypress I'll work on that lotto thing :-) Me first though ok? :-)
Old 09-20-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread guys!

we continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-4-a.html

D