Notices

Class Of July 2011 pt 3

Old 09-02-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Vic:

The most important issue you face is remaining abstinent. There are plenty of girls out there that don't drink. These are the ones that are desireable. The ones that drink are the ones that are not so desireable. Sobriety eliminates a lot of potential problems down the road. Alcohol's slippery slope is dangerous for both you and your potential mate. Alcohol starts so innocently when you are young but can become a demon over time. So go find friends and companions that don't drink. There are lots of them.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Morning, Julians! I hope you're all doing well on this lovely Saturday. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet while sipping coffee on my front porch and writing to all of you, my favorite cyber buddies.

Since my beloved AH moved out, it's been up to me to power up the lawn mower and mow my own yard. While it's great having a piece of property, and I adore planting and gardening, I have such a hard time getting motivated to cut the grass. Does anyone else feel that way? If I ever look for a second career, I know for sure that I'll never get hired to maintain a baseball diamond. My mowing style is somewhere between a death spiral pattern and crop circles. I've actually had neighbors stop by and tell me that I missed a spot!! My response? Here's the mower, why don't YOU get off of YOUR lazy butt and show me how it's done. .....What? No takers? Bad neighbors, bad. Get back on your side of the street, now shoo!
Old 09-03-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Edwardm

Cy-

An awefully quite Saturday. I actually like mowing the grass. I had it on my list, along with a million other chores, and the wife put the kabosh on it because of my back. I'm going stir crazy. I always need to have some project going.

Stay strong everyone. We all want a sober weekend and to start work on Tuesday rested and refreshed. Not with a hangover and guilt.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:15 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hi all, I am sitting here thinking about the 100 things I have to do.....when there is too much, I start getting irritated! So.......the heck with it, I will check in on you guys instead.

Edward, don't worry about projects, I am with your wife on that one! Take care of that back!

Stuart, good for you for dealing with hard issues and being sober to boot!

Hang in there and stay busy, Vic...
hi to everyone else!!

And Cypress?
Old 09-03-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Drinking decaf coffee at 10pm hanging with my kids (while the wife went to bed 2 hours ago - ain't that a switch). I had another decaf this morning at 4am . . . in the back yard, the stars, the bugs chirping and I was sober. Wowsa! And I remember it all.

Life's looking up! Good nite y'all. Be strong, be sober! Chat tomorrow.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Morning, everybody! I hope you're all enjoying your Sunday hangover free. On Day 36 today and holding strong. I've got a few errands to run, cleaning to do, bills to pay, etc. ...nothing but pure excitement and adrenaline. Boring routine can be a good thing, though. Beats white-knuckle high stress any day.

Stu: After modeling both Studebaker avatars for us, gotta say I like them both equally. Best wishes to you on finding some peace at home with your wife. I'm hoping she'll start to appreciate the sober you as we do here. And drinking coffee at 10pm and then again at 4am the next day? I don't know about you, but I'd be one cranky chick on that sleep-deprived schedule.

Ed: So, are you volunteering to pick up the mower and cut the grass in my yard? Once your back gets better, I might be taking you up on that. I'm sticking with VC and your wife on you taking it easy until you're all healed up. Not ready to put you out to pasture just yet.

VC: We keep missing each other in chat! I'm going through chat withdrawal. Is there a forum on SR for that?

Rae, Cerberus, Ceneri, (Meetmesober, are you in Vegas now?): Where did ya'll go? I'm powering up the lighthouse to search for you.

Talk with you soon, Julians!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hello everybody just checking in at the airport. Finished the half marathon with a chip time of 2:12:36 which I'm very happy with. Ended up sprinting for most of the last half mile. Great feeling.

Plane is soon and my stomach is going haywire. I hate flights. Gah!!!!!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Way to go Elvis! We are all proud of you here!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you flight is smooth as silk!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:20 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Way to go Elvis! We are all proud of you here!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you flight is smooth as silk!
Thanks it was. It only took 30 minutes. I still had images of parts of the plane just being swept away like paper. Overactive imagination.

What do I do when I get back? Google "cabin depressurisation". I am not helping myself.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

LOL.........please don't tell me what you find with that search. I fly out Wednesday morning....one of the stops is in Atlanta.....where a tropical storm will be waiting..........................
Old 09-04-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on finishing the half marathon...and surviving the flight home Elvis

D
Old 09-04-2011, 07:36 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Elvis - well done on the 13.1. Great time too! Good night all. I don't have anything clever to post - just tired.

Be strong, be sober.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElvisInASkirt View Post
Hello everybody just checking in at the airport. Finished the half marathon with a chip time of 2:12:36 which I'm very happy with. Ended up sprinting for most of the last half mile. Great feeling.

Plane is soon and my stomach is going haywire. I hate flights. Gah!!!!!
Hey, Elvis. A huge ditto to what VC, Dee, and Stu said... terrific job on the marathon! Thank goodness you made it there and back safely, too.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:32 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Congratulations Elvis on your half marathon! I am so impressed. I know what you mean on the flights though. By the end of this week I will have taken 4 flights in a week's time. I love to travel but get anxious trapped in the plane. I'm not doing window seats again!

Thanks for asking about me Cypress. I am just back from a weekend trip to California. I will do laundry tomorrow and repack to leave for sin city Tuesday morning. I will check in while I am there. I am sure I will do fine. I am going to be occupied by lots of classes from the conference so that's good. The thing that gets me there is the noise.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day. Ed, hope your back gets better quick. Vic, I hope you find your sober dream girl. Smooth sailing for everyone!

Peace
Old 09-05-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by meetmesober View Post
By the end of this week I will have taken 4 flights in a week's time.
Hey, Meet. Wow. "...4 flights in a week's time." Phew! Good for you that you like to travel. Years back I had a corporate job that took me from coast to coast frequently and it just burned me out. May I ask what type of work you do? Just curious.

Hope you can take time out from your conferences to enjoy Vegas. I usually end up eating way too much and staying up way too late when I visit, but it's always fun. Have a safe trip!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:23 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Oops! Duplicate post.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:28 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Eyes Open, No Fear

morning all. i am still around too. Still doing well and it looks like everyone is doing well on the long weekend.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Here! This week-end was easily alcohol-free visiting family that doesn't drink (not that it would have stopped me before). Most of the time now it doesn't even sound good. What's up with that? Maybe I'm 'growing out of' my drinking phase...hmmm? Not complaining.

Sending everyone wishes for a safe, healthy, enjoyable, & of course, SOBER! day & week!
Old 09-05-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

This weekend flew by! Easily done without drinking I do say.

Hope you guys are doing ok!!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Checking in...hope everyone is doing well. This weekend went by quick and staying sober wasn't a problem. I checked to see if any of my friends wanted to do something outdoors today since the weather is nice, but they're all too hungover, of course. It feels good to not be a part of the routine where every holiday is just another excuse to get completely wasted.