Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 4

Old 09-12-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

True, true—I think that was least's way of making sure we can find her and the other undie overies (oops, that sounds like "ovaries", doesn't it? Hopefully Manz can come with something better.)

So I said goodbye to my best friend today. Petted and hugged him until it was over after a nice long morning just laying in the yard. I hurt like hell right now. But I know I did the right thing for him, and it's worth going through this now so that he won't suffer any more.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

R&A :ghug3

Just know that your best friend is now up in doggy heaven, with all the bones he could ever want, all the balls constantly thrown for him to retrieve and more doggy butts to sniff than he has time to ever get around!

You did the right thing. I am proud of you.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:36 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Kev....keep working at it my friend. And what Itchy said! IMO never be afraid to ask for help to get the kinks out of your mind...I did and it has been one of the best things I have ever done, still am doing!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Life is still busy, and I am trying to keep up. Not too much on today, just aqua aerobics, study, teaching literacy this avo and maybe then chill out a bit?

Still no time for a paid job in there, but gee I really could do with some money, hate to complain but things are getting tough. On the up side, I have a roof over my head, enough food, my Wee Man, friends, you guys and.......well thats not too bad at all is it.

Have a great day Undie Onedies.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

R&A Sorry about your dog. They can be very dear friends so i can imagine its quite the loss of a family member. You will get through it no doubt though :sad as will be

Dee good to see you

Manz thanks for the kind words and aqua aerobics sound like fun! Keeping fit is on my list. I have had some difficulties with FOO family of origin though recently and me being a sucker. I guess its down to me to learn how to use encouragement and discouragement to keep people at bay or draw them closer. Hm more realisations for you there

Feel for you on the cash front el Manzo as i said some time ago el Manzo nice on Kev:p

I had a good chat with a friend tonight. Regarding SR I think i will be commited to popping in atleast once every 3 days though in saying that it may well be every 20 mins
Old 09-13-2011, 01:30 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

ReadyAndAble - Sorry to hear about your dog - all the best for you and lots of strength coming your way. I have been through this as I'm sure most of us have. The memories of my border collie and the times we had far outweigh his final days. I hope this will the case with you too.

Manz, Itchy, Kevin and Ready, I can't keep up with your posts! But I'll say they are great to read. Kevin, it's great to hear you're working through, methodically, your issues.

Manz, great posts and hope money comes your way soon.

Itchy - soooo close to 1 year! I haven't looked at the > 1 yr thread for a while - I'll cross over to find out!

Have a great day everyone!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:05 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Rosco!
You mean you actually read all the posts all at once?
Do they have Visine down in Australia, if not let me know I'll send some!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Rosco glad to see you are alive and well...and please DO NOT USE Visine.....it doesn't fix anything just masks potential underlying problems! The EX optician has spoken!

Hug Itchy, I know you meant well.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

So I am finally getting an online store set up for my jewellery and canvases...but I cant undestand why I am so reluctant about using paypal? I mean, I think there is something about it that I am unsure of, but can't quite put my finger on it. I am not old school, I pay online willy nilly with my credit card without fear

Hmmmmmm, maybe I am not sure how it links in with the host store I am going to be selling from??? Questions questions.

I also set up my first ever blog yesterday...LOL I do learn fast Itchy I promise when it comes to these things. In case anyone want to look here Pm me for the link..

Now that I am sober I find that ideas and inspiration come to me thick and fast and I really do have trouble with a lack of hours in the day to do everything. I am not complaining, just something I have noticed recently. even when I sleep I seem to be dreaming up my plans and ideas!

My latest is to try to set up a true artisan craft market here in my hometown! There is one already, but it is very old school with lots of grandmas Knitting and crocheting, and people selling tat! Lets see where my investigations take me....seems my networking skills are working already with one offer of help from my first phonecall enquiry!

Ok, I have rambled enough.....time to get on with my day. Not much on, a relapse prevention group meeting, study, shopping, and hopefully a swim before Wee Man comes home.

Have a great day all.

Last edited by Dee74; 09-13-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Manz, I love paypal - the banks have been caught napping. I've been using paypal for at least 4 years now and don't have any problems. That said, it's normally on the basis as a buyer not a seller. Good news about your ventures into a blog site and the market stall. All the best!

I've been creating Wordpress blog sites (but am using them as websites mainly - 2 for work and the rest for me). I've used Wordpress is brilliant and it's free. There are so many themes that can be bolted on but I've chosen one called "Photocrati". It handles photos and even has the shopping cart/paypal already set up. I'm working on about 6 sites at present. They are in their infancy (takes lots of time!).

Itchy, I'm going to try to read the posts concurrently!

Hmm, I looked in the mirror this morning and wondered what I would have looked like if it hadn't been for the grog. They reckon that grog accelerates aging and I was looking at photos of me 5 years ago and the thought passed my mind.

Time to go.

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Aw, Rosco, you look great. Perhaps a bit rugged from riding around all the time in that camel caravan, but it totally suits you.

Also looking great: your blog, Manz! And I saw you already received a comment from a fan—who thinks you should charge more for your jewelry! How cool is that?

I must however stand up alongside Itchy and the millions of other proud (and infrequent) Visine users. Daily drinking masks my underlying problems, not the occasional eyedrop.

All kidding aside, I want to thank all of you for your kind words this week. It really meant a lot to me.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:21 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm standing beside Manz on the Visine - never did anything for me...

D
Old 09-13-2011, 08:39 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Come to think of it, his name is "Itchy." Hmmmm. I wonder if that VA doc knows a good optometrist....
Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Visine just constricts the blood vessels....so they dont show.... is does nothing to help dry or irritated eyes!!! Anyway.....steppping down off high horse.

Boy oh boy..... I think maybe I am doing too much? I honestly never know where my days disappear to! But that is all good. Oh except..... I dont get everything done!!!

Tomorrow is another day right.

Rosco.....I too hve noticed recently a slight appearance of ageing! I think my drinking definately dried me out a little, but i also believe it is recoverable! I am only 40 after all, and most take me for early to mid 30's, so I am ok with that. I dont have to wear makeup, never have, to hide age! The only indicator is the "silver" at my roots when my "blond" wears off.

R&A....thanks for looking at my blog and for the comments here! My old friend who commented is currently in Malawi of all places so she has plenty of time to browse around and make comments.

Dee... shoulder to shoulder we stand bro, until we face eachother in the finals of the World Cup.. then it's every man and woman for themselves.

BTW.... I love swimming. Looooooooooooooooooove swimming

my Undie Onedies
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Itchy...... I am suffering withdrawal symptoms due to a lack of reading material my dear friend! Hope you are well and dont have......god forbid....... writers block.

:rotfxko
Old 09-14-2011, 04:51 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Glad this group did some good for you R&A

Not sure where this Visine conversation started. Hm.

I am good and cooking baby!

Think im going to go out
Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

have been all over facebook issuing apologies for drunken/stoned behaviour back in 2009/2010 had quite a paranoid day today and also felt aggressive and gave this guy evils who i dont like and who has imo crossed me - paranoid to fsck today though have the thrash metal on now so maybe that will help with all this anger.

I actually gave evils to a random person yesterday so im not happy with myself over it - seems once your recovered enough to gain emotional physical and psychological weight you then have to learn to use it.

there are quite a few people that have pooped on me in this local town. my rational was that why should i feel bad because other people have crossed me so i would express my anger by giving those people that have crossed me evils until i feel i have made my point and without starting anything too obviously or ending up in a fight......kinda dangerous could end up in fights

also giving the evil eye to a total random guy was out of order bigtime so im sorry about that too

elsewhere learning how to attract and repel people without being rude. i blanked someone yesterday because i was busy and then felt guilty about it
Old 09-14-2011, 01:57 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Well one thrash metal record later i feel MUCH better. You know i didnt use to deal with anger at all [i used to drown it or repress it]. Anyhow anger is proving quite a difficult emotion to manage for me
Old 09-14-2011, 02:38 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Manz!
I am fine! I have been hard and heavy watching videos and reading up on the first public showing of Windows 8 at the developers conference that runs this week. Here is a link for the two hour Keynote address by MS' Steve Sinofsky that shows all of it. I know you say 2 hours? He's gotta be kidding! I thought so too. So I started watching it thinking I could read email, come here or to the other websites I post at, and then just pause in whatever I was doing when I hear something interesting going on. Ok that lasted all of three minutes. I am not a developer I am just a user! (Oops! I forget where I am, that means something different here.) But I was glued to the screen for the whole 2 hours as I used to do HTML and basic back in the day, but it was my user mind that was absolutely astounded. The overview of the barely working system with only a few fails in the demos was nothing short of mind blowing. Ok enough of stuff many aren;t inteerested in. If yo9u want to lnow what it is and does go here and watch it yourself:
Keynote #1 | BUILD2011 | Channel 9

Manz! :rotfxko
Ok I have to say it. Now you know what us retirees mean when we say that we don't know how we found time to do anything when we were working because we were so busy! I sent you a message for your website/s links.

Visine is my friend. I use it every morning, and have for years.
BTW the VA does have eye appointments and makes glasses for us vets, and I also am getting a referrel to them for an exam and a new pair.

R&A Glad you have last week behind you. And I agree about Rosco! I could not do all that hump riding and not show ill effects.

Rosco, in the US we set aside only Wednesday for camel riding thus our slang for Wednesday. I too have a look I never had before drinking. I do also acknowledge that if I kept drinking I would have sooner than later looked a lot better. Morticians are good at that. I am known locally as "The Silver Fox." Well not locally as in the area but in my SH's mind. But she doesn't tint either. However when all my friends are balding and even friends 20 years my junior are losing it, I still have a full thick head of hair. But I still keep it short with my Goatee.

Kevin, not acting out emotions is the first step, and it sounds like you are doing well with that step. I am still dealing with social situations and am still working out the kinks. Being under the influence made me just not care about other peoples feeling as well as my own. Sometimes I just feel like I should be a hermit, when I find someone that doesn't like me from before. I aget a lot of resentment and hostility from the few folks I hung out with that drank a lot. I just leave and don't acknowledge it, but sometimes it does hurt to not be able to drink and forget about it all. But I get over it in a day or so now. But it takes time to relearn social skills long unused. All we can do is keep at it, and get help and support when we can.

Dee,
Old 09-14-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Dee,
Well you don't have to use Visine just cause I do! Hey the forums will be down my time from midnite here till about 3 am here local time. So I'll try to catch up now as I will be doing the developer's conference live and probably not posting much for a few days but to peek in. Back to doing cause I do. I don't dye my hair cause others do and man I tried it once ten year ago and it made me look 20 years younger as I said before! But it made my hair feel like coarse straw! My SH (wife) keeps her's short too and hers is just like Jamie Lee's in this pic: Gray Pride: Who Wears Gray Hair Best? (PHOTOS, POLL) but just a tiny bit longer. Mine looks like this one but just a shade darker: Gray Pride: Who Wears Gray Hair Best? (PHOTOS, POLL) But I don't look at all like Anderson. If anybody really wants to see what I look like PM me and I'll give my website with pics. Of course they are over 5 years old, but the only change is a touch more gray. And taking a view to the next few weeks when I lose weight I will look like this: