Notices

Class Of July 2011 pt 2

Old 07-26-2011, 01:38 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Edwardm

Meeshoo

I can relate. Day 8. One hour until I'm out of here and would typically stop for Bourbon. Bourbon and coke is my first drink through the door. Yesterday I thought it would be hard, it wasn't. Today I thought it would be easy and the thoughts are creeping in big time. I'm not going to do it either. Have yourself a great work out. I worked out this morning and felt great, maybe I need to switch around my schedule.

Stay strong, neither of us need that drink. It's good you recognize those thoughts, I get the exactly same thing. I know it's not the rational me.

Ed
Old 07-26-2011, 01:58 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Class of July happy to be in with all of you! Got two weeks today its been easy so far but I know that wont always be the case. This is my longest period of sobriety since i was 12 years old im ashamed to say but I feel great about it. Good luck thanks for showing me i am not alone.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:26 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Cypress, do you need me to call someone?
Hilarious.

Way to go Meeshoo and Edward, change up that routine. That is key.

Welcome Jenna, sorry you hate the world right now. I couldn't get a script for xanax if I wanted to around here......they just won't give it out.....I have heard it is really habit forming.....I don't know what you are experiencing, but I hope you do ok........do you have to see a doc?

Welcome Fallow!
This is my longest period of sobriety since i was 12 years old im ashamed to say but I feel great about it.
You should be proud you are taking the big step, not ashamed!!

ER, I hope you do alright with your house guest. Gosh if she is just a social drinker I wonder if you can't just mention you are on a health kick and it bothers you a bit to see others drink because you are being good. If I wasn't a hammerhead drinker, I would easily not drink if you said that.....just a thought. Either way, stay committed, you are doing sooooooooooooooooooo awesome!

I am gone tonight but will be back tomorrow and slamming a big 24 on the table with a smile.

The Julian Cafe(in chat) will be open again at 7am mountain, 9am eastern, 2pm Ireland & England?? Come on in a vent. We will keep Cypress from singing, I promise. lol

Keep on racking those days Julians!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

English Rose---
Wow, a golf banquet with alcohol and now a guest in your home with your favorite drink? You are doing so great to have a plan to handle it. I like the health kick idea VC suggested...that might work. Otherwise, we are rooting for you! Just think how all of us are scattered around the world trying to fight the same beast. We can do it!
Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 23,

I didn't have any urges to drink today but I felt a nervous energy within that I found quite worrying.

My mum is back from holiday on Saturday. She's been away 10 days now and I'm home alone so I was worried that I'd go over to the liquor store. Zero interest though. I know what's at stake.

Last time I relapsed after quitting I kept trying to have sober weeks but it wouldn't happen at all. Something always would come up. A relapse will only make things harder in the long run.

I've started to try to disassociate myself from all of the silly things I did drunk. It's helping me to think that it's another person and whilst I'm sober I'm not him and I'm free.

Started preparing for my Northern European trip in December. I'm confident that I can do this without even wanting to drink. I'm gonna take a travel debit card and load it with £600 for a fortnight so that I ensure I'm frugal with my money.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support, it made me tear up a little It's a nice feeling to know that there are people who understand the thoughts I have.

I worked out as planned then stopped for a little frozen yogurt on the way home. No desire to drink right now. I'm going to have dinner, drink some iced green tea w/ honey, and hope to get a restful sleep.

I hope everyone's day/night is going well.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thank you guys for all of the support last night - I did NOT drink!

Enjoying another sober night with the girls and hoping to get them to bed early enough to hop on the chat (8:00 my time!) Haven't done it yet, but should be looking for Julian Cafe, right? Hope to chat soon!

Class of July is doing AWESOME!
Old 07-26-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to all the new people

D
Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I just returned from my daughter's open house for Kindegarten and I was sober Not saying I would have been falling down drunk but I would have been at least buzzed!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hmmm...looking on chat, but don't see anything for Julian Cafe...either nobody is in, or I am doing something wrong
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Well, I used to not drink anymore until today when I convinced myself I had to have wine to celebrate my anniversary. Just when I think I've got control over the addictive voice, I lose control. I've just had one glass and I am already mad as heck at myself.

This whole process is so bizarre but each time I continue to see the pattern; I allow the addict in me to play with thoughts of drinking and boom...I give in. I really need to put the beast to death forever. I'm posting this to be honest with all of you and myself. I thought about lying and just posting as if I never drank but I know lies will not help my recovery. "The truth will set you free."

I will not be in the class of August. I will remain a Julian and begin day one tomorrow (although I still don't want to count days

This is a wonderful group. Vicious Cycle, I especially appreciate the time you take to post here. Elvisinaskirt, I enjoy your posts and you're doing really well. Cypress, you are so funny. Englishrose, rae, ceneri, edwardm, clear eyes, ellen, maria, sobervic, snoopy, chickateeh, and anyone else I missed (forgive me) you are all such an important part of our class. To our beloved Dee, thanks for being there!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hey guys! I'm on day 7. After work I would stop at the cutesy fancy little liquor store and a bottle of white wine, a 6 pack of dark beer or a bottle of goose or Hendricks. Wow. I did that. I did that. My husband doesn't drink. I did that alone.

I remember all the things I would do and say while drinking. Like talking to neighbors... Those days are done!

It is such a relief to read everyones posts. I may as well have written half of them. Although, there's a little voice that say I'm over-reacting. I don't have a problem with alcohol. What is that??!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snoopy1973 View Post
Hmmm...looking on chat, but don't see anything for Julian Cafe...either nobody is in, or I am doing something wrong
Hey, Snoop. We usually chat in the morning. Sorry we left you hanging tonight!

From VC:
"The Julian Cafe(in chat) will be open again at 7am mountain, 9am eastern, 2pm Ireland & England??"
Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sarah1414 View Post
I will not be in the class of August. I will remain a Julian and begin day one tomorrow (although I still don't want to count days
Hey, Sarah. For me, Day 1 is all part of the big picture, the process, the path, the journey, to sobriety. In the past, I'd had more collective Day 1's than all the days in a year. Maybe more than that. It was my resolve to finally stop the self-destructive drinking that kept me going. Imagine if you'd never gotten to this point in your life. Now, think about how far you've already come. You're doing fine! I'm right here with you...we all are. And remember, "Once a Julian, always a Julian."
Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEE! I read your post in Whiners Anonymous that today (probably yesterday by the time you read this) is your birthday. All the best to you!

:day1
Old 07-26-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Cypress...love your location (not in the liquor store!) Me, too. Just finished my 5th day. Feeling happy about that. Can't say I've felt happy in a long time, other than the fake happy from drinking.

Symmetry...I did the same thing. Talking to people while being buzzed or full-out drunk and thinking how social I am being. My husband recently informed me that I was annoying with everyone and syrupy sweet with the kids. In my mind I was acting positive. Positively ridiculous it seems. I also agree with the part of us that has a hard time believing we really have a problem with alcohol.

Alcoholic. Is that really me? I always think of my dad....sloppy drunk and passing out. Drinking first thing in the morning all day into the night. Being scary drunk. I always thought I'd never be like him. Now I realize I was headed straight down that path. Good thing I'm trying to stop before I get that bad. I still have a hard time labeling myself as an alcoholic. No way! Not me! Maybe I've had a problem with alcohol but I can't be an alcoholic. But maybe that's the same thing...
Old 07-26-2011, 08:28 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm new to SR, so can someone tell me what a Julian is? Thanks
Old 07-26-2011, 09:49 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

LOL, hi aidadeb! We are the class of July, so instead of Julyans......we call ourselves Julians........forgot who started it but it stuck! Anyway, welcome!

I will not be in the class of August. I will remain a Julian and begin day one tomorrow
Yes Sarah, always!

Sorry Snoop! Can you swing by in the morning sometime?

I am beat, most of you are probably fast asleep.........see ya tomorrow.

VC

PS Happy Birthday Dee!
Old 07-26-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Earth Child

We are going to an early morning meeting this morning at 8 o clock in the local park only problem we have is that we are scared of some types of dogs, but we are sure it will be ok , my husband will be there as well as it an open meeting as well .
Really wanting drugs and drink this morning so we are thankful for the meeting this morning .
Drinking coffee at the moment and hanging out online till its time to go to the meeting

Ella
Old 07-26-2011, 10:04 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks Cypress and everyone else here who wished me well

D