Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 5

Old 07-23-2011, 10:01 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Wow - am I ever behind. Another late night, but hubby is sleeping, so I wanted to get a post in before I called the day complete. It's like I can't fall asleep until I know I said "goodnight" to every one!

Instant - Funny you asked about the post I put. That paragraph has been taped to my computer monitor for about two years. I honestly don't even remember where I got it from. But, I just loved it. And I read it nearly every day, and tried to find that peace, and just couldn't.....until I stopped drinking. That is really sinking in now. Glad you and the others enjoyed it. Some days it's hard to see and understand, but most days if you read it and take a breath between sentences and think...you see, that we all have a gift, and it's up to us to use it the way we should.

Is Squishy missing? I hope she is okay.

Classical - I'm glad you are so busy with your career and work. It has to be very exciting. It proves that hard work and persistence do pay off. But, some patience has to be in there as well. Oh, and before I forget...And this goes for Tuesday as well...lah, lah, lah..hmmmmm...."Happy Birthday to you. cha cha cha. Happy Birthday to you. cha cha cha. Happy Birthday dear Classical and Tuesday. cha cha cha. Happy Birthhhhhdaaaayyyy tooooo youuuuuu!" Did you sing it? It's midnight, it's 7/24 so it's official.

Blackbird - Oh kiddo. You have a lot on your plate. But, we are all very happy you are still here with us. Your honesty shows you want to continue this journey. So, as every one mentioned, we are here for you.

Bratnik - you will be an official member of the 40 club in October. Woohoo! I read about your clips on your bike - I knew you'd liked riding your bike, but are you avid cyclist? I truly love riding our tandem, but we just don't make enough time for it. We can get some serious mph's on it. I enjoy your posts - babbling or not, they are always enjoyable to read.

Sweetnovember - :rotfxko Out of the blue, I walked by the fridge, and with your idea, I gave the beer shelf the finger. It made me smile when I did. That's a great idea!

Leo....day 58 now? That is great news!!!! And Tipping Point - day 42 for you by now? You guys are flying!

Tuesday - As you mentioned, with being new in sobriety like all of us, you may want to let that part of your life evolve more before making any major decisions (more children with your partner). I've known people that for years said "I never want children", and then all of a sudden they have three kids and are loving every minute. So, as time goes on, maybe your mind might change (and maybe it won't). But, it is best to be honest with your partner as you go along. But, definitely take a breath, let your head clear, and for now, enjoy your sobriety, and as mentioned, do what you need to do for you right now. Baby steps.

Instant - Funny you asked about the post I put. That paragraph has been taped to my computer monitor for about two years. I honestly don't even remember where I got it from. But, I just loved it. And I read it nearly every day, and tried to find that peace, and just couldn't.....until I stopped drinking. That is really sinking in now. Glad you and the others enjoyed it. Some days it's hard to see and understand, but most days if you read it and take a breath between sentences and think...you see, that we all have a gift, and it's up to us to use it the way we should.

Is Squishy missing again? Little stinker. I hope she is okay.

Classical - I'm glad you are so busy with your career and work. It has to be very exciting. It proves that hard work and persistence do pay off. But, some patience has to be in there as well. Oh, and before I forget...And this goes for Tuesday as well...lah, lah, lah..hmmmmm...."Happy Birthday to you. cha cha cha. Happy Birthday to you. cha cha cha. Happy Birthday dear Classical and Tuesday. cha cha cha. Happy Birthhhhhdaaaayyyy tooooo youuuuuu!" Did you sing it? It's midnight, it's 7/24 so it's official.

Blackbird - Oh kiddo. You have a lot on your plate. But, we are all very happy you are still here with us. Your honesty shows you want to continue this journey. So, as every one mentioned, we are here for you.

Bratnik - you will be an official member of the 40 club in October. Woohoo! I read about your clips on your bike - I knew you'd liked riding your bike, but are you avid cyclist? I truly love riding our tandem, but we just don't make enough time for it. We can get some serious mph's on it. I enjoy your posts - babbling or not, they are always enjoyable to read.

Sweetnovember - :rotfxko Out of the blue, I walked by the fridge, and with your idea, I gave the beer shelf the finger. It made me smile when I did. That's a great idea!

Leo....day 58 now? That is great news!!!! And Tipping Point - day 42 for you by now? You guys are flying!

Tuesday - As you mentioned, with being new in sobriety like all of us, you may want to let that part of you life evolve more before making any major decisions. I've known people that for years said "I never want children", and then all of a sudden they have three kids and are loving every minute. So, as time goes on, maybe your mind might change (and maybe it won't). But, it is best to be honest with your partner as you go along. But, definitely take a breath, let your head clear, and for now, enjoy your sobriety, and as mentioned, do what you need to do for you right now. Baby steps.

4thkidz -
I need to keep this in mind, that there are people with far bigger problems than I.
I completely agree with this - some days it is hard though. But, deep down we all have to evaluate our lives and know that we have the power to make a change in our lives, and potentially that will make a difference in other's. Your volunteer efforts are very admirable. Doing things for others that are less fortunate is extremely rewarding.

Cherry - As Dee mentioned, you have been given a gift. Don't ever think you are not worthy or will not be a good Mom. You will be a great sober mom. Don't worry over what is going to happen - let it happen. If every one waited for the perfect time to have a child, none of us would be here. Enjoy every minute of being pregnant. My step-daughter is at 25 weeks and has been enjoying every part of it - as Papanico mentioned, the first kick is fun - even just touching it from the outside. Can't imagine what it would feel like inside. You are ready! Congratulations. This is another part of your journey. Pumpkin Soup put a beautiful post for you regarding this. I've never been pregnant, but I watched my best friend have her second - and the joy of pregnancy and giving birth is truly a miracle. A real blessing.

Papanico - I'm so glad you are back. We were all waiting with open arms...and waiting, and waiting. So, that's when I PM'd you. I saw you in July, and thought...your family misses you, please come home. And you did, and put a wonderful post on the thread.

Streamwader - sober-envy. Trust me, I still would love a shot and a beer. But, at the moment I even think about having it, I change my thought process to all of you here, and then RUN to the fridge for a Crystal Light or a tea. You are the person that welcomed me in so quickly and gave me the shot in the arm I needed. I'm glad you recognize all the good things in your life which are all the reasons to remain sober.

Jhay - I feel selfish when I do things for others in need. You know why? Because I know it will make me feel good. So, if you are selfish as stated - you might as well be selfish by performing the random acts of kindness. Glad you saw the joy it will bring you. It only gets better!

Violet - you have a lot of strength and courage - glad to hear you have put yourself in a "safe" place. You are an amazing gal!

Instant -
[QUOTEI have also found that a daily practice of gratitude has (bizarrely.....and to my disbelief) given me a real buzz, ][/QUOTE]
I've been doing this on my dry erase board on my fridge - it sure makes you think every day. I'm considering starting a journal so I can go back and re-read my list.

Indamiracle - congrats at 34 days...well 35 days by now. Glad to see you are doing well!

Well, it's now 1:00 a.m.....time to call it a night. Hugs to all. Tomorrow...well...today is another day.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Violet - I think we all feel this way:
[QUOTEI'd like to smack Mr. A**clown across the face with one of those big police-flashlights for you. He doesn't deserve you.
][/QUOTE]
Old 07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I promise I'll work on getting my cut and paste in the right spot for quotes - need a bigger monitor! Night all!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:20 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Good to see everyone posting again, it has taken me a long time to read it all.

Violet- sounds like you are living in a fabulous place right now, good luck!

Blackbird- be kind to yourself-progress not perfection

Indamiracle-service is a great thing

Sweet November- I loove flipping the finger at liquor

Classical-have a great trip hope all goes well, you will be missed

Leo-day 58 awesome!

Amy Winehouse=your talent will be so missed, I wish you could have found this group, you wouldnt have been so alone.

Day 30 for me an I love it, I even got interviewed for the local AA Serenity Mag. Im so proud of myself but it is still early days so I keep reminding myself all the time- Easy as it goes, one day at a time. Cherish the good times because there will be bad, thats life!

Hugs to everyone xxx
Old 07-24-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks to all for being supportive. I knew you would be.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I am now 7 weeks sober and today is day 50

Had another good meeting today and feeling peaceful.

I finally told Rosie and she didnt know but she seems to have taken it ok.

Now all the people who matter to me know about it so I guess that makes me more accountable than ever.

Blackbird hugs to you - I dont think I would be able to cope with finding out something like that - its fortunate for me to be single now I think - we will always be here for you. ((hugs)).

xx
Old 07-24-2011, 03:17 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations pumpkin

D
Old 07-24-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Nice going pumpkin soup! Blackbird, so sorry to hear but looks like you are back in the right direction.

It's amazing to me how the simple rules of wellness can mean so much. Eat well, get into a regular sleep cycle, don't sweat the small stuff- such a large chunk of feeling good, yet so easily forgotten or ignored. This weekend, partly due to circumstances beyond my control, partly my own fault, I am up all night, eating processed junk, and fretting of minor issues. I am sober but feel like crap.

I know taking a drink would smoothe over my rough feathers right now, but instead I think I will have a big bottle of spring water and have a nap.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:31 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hey guys. What a terrible day. I am staying at my dads for now. I can't stand to be around him (mr. wonderful) and would so love to see violet give him a good whacking! he acts like what he did is no big deal and his cheating is my fault because I "never showed him any love" pffffttt. all I can say is whatever. You try showing love to a man that treats you like garbage. He's trying to bully me into staying. pitting my 5 year old against me. threating to go for full custody because of my alcoholism. I freaked out and ran out the door without my kids, and he stuck my camera underneath the wheel of my car. So now I'm out a camera, a home, my kids, my dog, my friends, and the hope of ever having a normal family. Truthfully our situation is so dysfunctional that the kids are better off with us apart. I just wish he would see that and stop trying to manipulate me. I want to be happy again so badly and it will NEVER happen with him in the picture.

dad says there is no way that there can be a negative judgement on me for alcoholism because it is considered a disease. So that made me feel better. Plus I've been working on my sobriety. even though I slipped up friday.

I just want it to be over!

I'm so happy for everyone else though. Things seem fantastic from what I have had it in me to read. Thanks cyber SR family. Much love.

P.S. be prepared for more whining in the days to come.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

bblackbird - I'm so sorry you're going through this and that he's using your kid against you. That is beyond unforgivable.

As far as him threatening to use your alcoholism against you. If I were you I'd start going to AA and getting documentation that you're there. Get a sponsor that could help you out with this. So if it comes down to it you have legal proof that you're getting better and doing what it takes to give your kid the best life possible.

You can pull through this no matter what he decides to throw at you. He's the one doing the cheating, and he's a big boy who can make his own decisions. You are not responsible for his actions no matter what.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

hey at the very least i have all my posts on sr. and i will definately hit up AA. He's too cheap and guttless to get a lawyer anyway. "big hat, no cattle." And my dad will stand by me, so I won't be totally alone if it does come to that.

I think I'm going to find a small, women's only (no offense guys... in the real world i'm shy) aa group to go to this week.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy
I think I'm going to find a small, women's only (no offense guys... in the real world i'm shy) aa group to go to this week.
Sounds like an excellent idea. It's so awesome you just got yourself right out of that living situation, Blackbird!! WTG.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:20 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Womens meeting sounds good BBF

D
Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Just dropping in to let you know I'm here and OK. Can't keep up with all the posts. This is now 5 weeks and all is well. I enjoy the posts I have time to read. Hope all is well with the group.

LTJimmie
Old 07-24-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Iii

Hey friends--
Just wanted to drop in and say hey. The day here in CO. has been long and hot, just like yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that....
We sure could use a couple of sub 90 degree days, eh, America? Anyhow, the games I umpired yesterday were a ton of fun, as was my game until I took a foul ball right off my knee and I had to leave the game early. I am in a ton of pain, but the only thing I am going to take for it is ibuprofen, ice and lots of R&R. I am super exhausted from playing today in the hot weather (12:30 start) so I am keeping it brief for today. I will catch up on returning the support to all of you beautiful people tomorrow. Don't think I'll be moving around much at all so it'll be something for me to do.

Take care

PN
Old 07-24-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Blackbird - I'm so glad you have your Dad to lean on. Any adult that uses their child as a pawn in a bad relationship or a divorce deserves to be smacked upside the head. You never "use" your children. You never abuse your children. And you absolutely never turn your children against the other parent. I'm not parent - but this seems very unacceptable. You will make it through this - and going to AA as mentioned by SJ and others, is a good move on our part. They will help to guide you and keep you on this path. You will get through this for your children. And don't fret over your life falling apart, you will rebuild it one block at a time. Sending you lots of hugs. Oh, and I hate to tell you - there is NO SUCH THING AS A NORMAL FAMILY. We all have dysfunction. Trust me on this one.

Pumpkin Soup - congrats on day 50!!!!

Raquell - 30 for you - HOORAY!

Good to see you LTJimmie - checking in on us is appreciated. We like to know how you are doing.

Papanico - sorry about taking it in the knee. Had to smart. You sent some of that heat you were having tom Michigan this past week. But, I can't complain, we had one week of it, and I hear 78 for tomorrow - whew!

Take care every one. Sweet dreams!
Old 07-24-2011, 08:56 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning All,

Day 30!!!

I am so tired at the moment and am unable to get a full night's sleep. Is it possible that the effects of my drinking/sobriety can kick in at this point rather than earlier?

One thing I do need to do is lose weight! Since becoming sober I have put it on but I will start on this today!

Take care all,

Chimp!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:01 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Just a shout out and a big CONGRATS to Pumpkin Soup on your 50, Raquell and Chimp on your 30! WTG people!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:13 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

Way to go Raquell and Chimp

D
Old 07-24-2011, 11:52 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Papa Nico your knee sounds painful, rest up-hope it heals fast

Chimp-I am tired too now, whereas before the first 27 days I had heaps of energy. maybe it was adrenaline. Dont know but I want to sleep for days but can only sleep 6hours or so.
Im also a lot busier too I guess, Im making myself leave the house at least once a day (AAmeeting) and/or work and yesterday I went to a jewellery party as well to support another pal in her sobriety. I left home at 7.15am to go to a meeting and didnt get back home until 9.20pm after work. Up again at 6am to go to work, I cant complain too much though I did get to spend an hour in the spa (hot tub) today through work which helped me chill out a bit.

LTJimmie 5 weeks way to go!

Cheers everyone!