Notices

Members with less than 2 weeks Welcome Part 16

Old 09-05-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

TwoBobbs...

Way to go....forward is the correct direction for sure...
Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day two came and went without any issues. I noticed I've been craving a little extra junk food than normal and feel a little bloated as a result but the alcohol cravings have been low.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Revolution...that is good news...
Old 09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Most important thread on SR I reckon. Probably wouldnt be here if I hadnt put my first post in this thread and got support when I first started this journey.

Good luck to everyone in here. Take it one day at a time and you will get there.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good Morning All! Day three is under my belt. No cravings last night, however, I was feeling a little "off" so that always dampens the desire to consume alcohol. Not sure if I am coming down with something. Regardless, another successful day of abstinence. Hope everyone has a strong and sober day.

All the best, Rev
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Well, not feeling very good mentally. Is this PAWS? I have no desire to drink at all,nor have I, but am feeling very negative, down, and incredibly irritable, which is very out of character for me. I am known for my smiling and pleasant disposition and maturity(haha yes really.) But now, everything my poor devoted husband says strikes me as banal and stupid; every time he misunderstands me I think he's incapable of basic communication. I had a conflict with a sales rep who was excessively rude and at first refused to let me return a very expensive appliance, and I felt like my head was going to explode. I felt stressed to the max for hours afterward. I have to work hard to contain my dreadful dark mood so I don't spout negative and ridiculous comments. I feel really bad about this extreme negativity and irritability, like I should stay away and not inflict myself upon people. I want to avoid decisions and any stressful situations like the plague-- I can't stand the thought of dealing with them. I hope this goes away really soon.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:13 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

FW....
Thanks for the kind words.. words. All Sr members welcome to share here with us...

Good to know you are continueing to move ahead with with your sobriety.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Revolution...:
Perhaps it's a mild de tox you are having?
day 3 was the worst for me.

Please be kind to yourself and way to go on your sober time....
Old 09-07-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

TM....

Some days just are messy.... My PC had a melt down and I could not use it. Then my breakfast cereal was ruined...I poured sour milk over it.

My son finally showed up to get the unglitched ...tho he was cranky ..doubley so when he had to drink black coffee.
Back out in the rain...we go to the store...and I forgot to buy milk...

Here is something I use to de stress....

The Serenity Prayer

.God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Carol, forgetting the milk=classic. :-) Thanks for making me smile.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 12 for me today and returned to work from annual leave, was nice to see my work mates. However me and my 'partner' are still out of sorts since my antics 12 days ago!! The stress of wondering if he's going to take me back is really not helping with my focus.... but i cant just walk away from it! He just continues saying that I (me) need to work on me and that we'll see after that! I understand what he's saying but worry that there may not be an us at the end of it. Not seeing him is tearing me up.

I am determined to make this change in my life and you may now think im doing it for the wrong reasons... truth is ive known for many years that my drinking was destructive and just tried to ignore the bad parts of it, and blame others! (if that makes sense) but when i really sit down and analyse it.... it was all bad :o(

Such a viscous cycle - i allowed drink to creep in and take control with out me knowing it. Tomorrow is day 13 and i will still not drink. night all.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

hI wt.....

tHE ODDEST THING HAPPENED TO ME IN SOBRIETY...THE MAN i FOUND SO INTERESTING AND ATTRACTIVE AS A DRINKER...NO LONGER SUITED MY
NEW LIFESTYLE AND GOALS.

yES HE SUPPORTED MY RECOVERY... HOWEVER i WAS CHANGEING HE WAS NOT.

nOT SAYING THIS WILL BE TRUE FOR THE 2 OF YOU...i AMSAYING THERE ARE MANY BENEFITS TO LIVING ON YOUR OWN ...

wELL DONE ON GETTING BACK TO WORK..AND ON YOUR 12 DAYS...
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thanks for your words Carol, i do hear what your saying. He's not a drinker (into health) Maybe i went into the relationship with the wrong mind set - cos i saw a man who could help me! Im trying to stay focused - but its a difficult distraction.

Anyhow, onward we go
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone.... hope you are doing great today

I love this thread and as you can see.....share often here
I do think I need to clarify a bit and have not done so recently
Yes..I am an AA recovered alcoholic.....and I have no plans to change that. It gives me purpose ..joy and serenity.

However...AA is not for everyone and it certainly is not the only way to find your way into winning over alcohol.
Many of our SR members are also long term sober useing various methods and programs.

Here is a list of some and resources...it's a sticky post in our Alcoholism Forum

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

There is no one right way for everyone...please keep trying until you find something that works for you

Forward we go...side by side
Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Thumbs up Back to Day 4

Well here I am, back to day 4. I had quite the binge after my last post of 6 days sober. I drank more than I have in a long time, ending off with the holiday weekend.

I am saying this time that no more slips, only the quit. I have had soo many slips and quits, it's just getting really old. It's like that movie Groundhogs Day, over and over again.

This last binge I went to the bar 1 night (I hardly ever do that) and I drunk dialed a few people (some family, some co workers). Drinking is bad, but I don't even think I have the mentality to do it if I wanted, I get really ********.

I have wanted to quit for a couple years now, time to move on to something new (like good health, clear mind, and good sleep).
Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Congrats on your days of sobriety wanthistostop and Sigma! Yesterday was day four for me and went by without cravings. I also felt better from day three. Day five has been no issue so far but I am back to feeling a little off which is a bit of a downer. The weekend will be a test, it has been a LONG time since I had a drink free weekend.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm glad you came back to share again Sigma...

I too had false starts before after my decision to stop.
Do you have any different plans this time?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Find something to fill your weekend revolution - or log on here, and relish in the fact that its drink free - weekends are longer that way and Thats got to be a bonus!! There are so many intense feelings on this road, i know its easy to say but try not to let them get you down and remember why your doing it ;o) all the best
Old 09-09-2011, 03:28 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Living Sober

Originally Posted by wantthistostop View Post
Find something to fill your weekend revolution - or log on here, and relish in the fact that its drink free - weekends are longer that way and Thats got to be a bonus!! There are so many intense feelings on this road, i know its easy to say but try not to let them get you down and remember why your doing it ;o) all the best
Good advice
Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
The weekend will be a test, it has been a LONG time since I had a drink free weekend.
I remember my first weekend, just seemed so hard , but .........

Just another 2 days, saturday is no longer than a tuesday say, just 24 hours.

I dont have to work, plenty time to eat nice food, watch sports, relax.

Buy yourself your favourite food, maybe a few sweeties.

Before you know it monday will be here and you'll be done.

I know its easy to say but over time it really does get easier.