# 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome table and 2manyBobs

D
Old 09-01-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

2manyBobs////Welcome....

For you...Carla and Table......Congratulations on your early progress.....
and Yes...forward is the correct direction.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:37 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I feel depressed that this alcohol problem progressed to this point while I was able to believe it was just fine (mostly.)

I can see now that I am in stage 2 alcoholism. Before I wasn't sure.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

2manyBobs////

I still don't know which drink on what day slid me into a depressed active alcoholic

By recogizing and accepting the fact I am an alcoholic....I began my journey into recovery..

We who know our truth are the fortunate ones...
Old 09-03-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Feel like i need to use these threads more. Im on day 7 now... Had the week off work and it was such a long week. Ive been tense and depressed and its just been hard. im hoping next week will be a bit easier as the kids return to school and i will return to work - i am determined to do this... im ignoring my ringing phone as its a mates 50th tonight... in a wine bar. As much as i need to go out and need the company im just not ready for that environment.

please tell me the 'want' fades....
Old 09-03-2011, 05:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi again....

I just replied to your thread in our Alcoholism 12 step Support Forum
and I'm very pleased to see you are exploreing SR and your recovery options....

day 7 is a good start on your new sober future....and it certainly got easier for me as I continued to move forward.
Be kind to yourself...coming off alcohol is not an esy thing to do.
Try eating small healthy meals..rest if sleeping eludes you...walking and drinking lots of water helped me too.

Thanks for checking in here with us.... Please keep posting ..Yes! you too can win over alcohol
Old 09-04-2011, 03:38 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I think this place has to become a daily check in for me, thank you Carol. Im being more open and true about what im feeling (its hard) but i feel its helping - just have to keep it up. Have great day all x
Old 09-04-2011, 07:09 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Didn't manage to stomach any food today... i cooked but had no want for it.
Ive also been feeling like people can look at me and know that im trying to battle booze! Im hoping it just because ive been so open (on here and to myself) that im feeling a bit exposed and transparent!

I even felt bad looking for the vitamin supplement cos i thought people would know why i wanted it. facing it all is creating so many different feelings of shame - and the funny thing is i didn't even think i had a problem with drink! Thanks for letting me get that out... im going to try and sleep now, im on the UK clock 3.10am now!

Last edited by wantthistostop; 09-04-2011 at 07:10 PM. Reason: needed to add
Old 09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's pretty natural to feel rather self conscious in the early days wantthistostop - I hope you can get your head down and get some rest

D
Old 09-04-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Shape-Shifting Super-Hero

Hi wantthistostop, hi Bobs, and everyone else!

The first 10 days were the hardest for me. Day one to four were pretty easy, I felt like I was like a train, gaining speed...then, it got a little harder, and some strong urges hit, but passed in time. I found that after a few weeks, I was a lot more clear-headed...maybe not in bliss, but happy about what I had managed to accomplish. Now, it's been about 45 days, and I have got a lot accomplished, that I had been putting off, and feel less anxious, as I am emptying many skeletons from my closet, emotional, financial, and otherwise

It takes a lot of courage to post here, and to make that decision to stop, and I wish you all success on your journeys.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:37 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Huskypup,

Im continuously taken back by the way you all get it!! Thats what i need - to feel less anxious, its horrible. I know it will all come to pass but am so thankful to you all for being here with me on this journey, and at these times.

Sounds like your doing real good Husky, well done on your achievements to date keep up the good work x Good start to my Monday x Wish you all a fab week x
Old 09-05-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

WT....

I sure hope you get your eating back on track soon...not sure if this is sold
Not sure about Englaish products...but I keep a few bottles of Ensure in frige.

It's a liquid nutritional food supplement ...both the Strawbery and Chocolate are tasty.,,,

Well done on your sober progress...
Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

One day of sobriety under my belt. My history is not one of the lowest lows. I don't have any DUIs, missed work days, blackouts or ridiculously embarrassing moments. I do however, have lots of missed opportunities due to near daily drinking with all the sluggishness and fuzziness that ensues. I also realize the progressive nature of the "beast". I see it and choose to acknowledge it.

Along those lines, I read a comment here that really struck a nerve, emphasis added is mine:

Other than the occasional binge, my drinking pretty much grew slowly and I suspected it was turning into a problem long before I stopped. Alcohol was my reward and I didn't want to give it up.

Something in me told me I was drinking too much, but the evening would come and one more night of drinking 3 or 4 beers (to help me relax/sleep/cope) just didn't seem like a big deal. And if I could justify an extra beer or two, I would happily finish off a six-pack (telling myself it's Friday, or I only drank 3 yesterday, or I'm extra stressed, etc. etc.) I was always going to quit next week or next year.

It's hard to get motivated to stop when we haven't had big consequences from drinking, but then again, that's no reason to put it off. I finally decided to get sober and "get it over with" before the bad stuff started...
Back to getting on with day two!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks again Carol, We have 'nourishment' over here, which i do have a stock of.

Revolution, Impressed that you have the foresight and wisdom to nip it in the bud...
all the best. Welcome
Old 09-05-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Revolution..Welcome back...

Glad you remembered where we are and are off to a new beginning...
Old 09-05-2011, 01:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

One day at time ,One moment at a time

Hello my name is ronimac and I'm five days clean .My drug of. Choice was cocaine,and I'm 5 weeks clean on drinking,and three weeks.clean on pot .I have lots of free time to do bad things .trying to keep busy doing anything but drugs ,its been five days since I last used cocaine trying to stay strong one day at a time.

Last edited by ronimac; 09-05-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: I put wrong number of being. clean
Old 09-05-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol! Never forgot about the good folks here, just been lurking and absorbing as much good information as I can.

Last edited by Revolution; 09-05-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-05-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Still good... Yay. One big realization.... I haven't stopped at just one or two drinks in years. Guaranteed at least 3 -5 if I start. And I don't read anywhere that that's good for a female 4 or 5 nights a week. Doesn't excuse me just because I do it quietly at home and don't cause trouble. My intake has just slowly and almost imperceptibly increased over the past few years. I am sure now that I can't stop if I start.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

a good realisation 2manyBobs - the progression was like that for me too and I never realised until too late.

Welcome back revolution - and welcome ronimac - you'll find a ton of support on SR!

D
Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

ronimac...Welcome...

That's a lot of progress ...well done...
I hope you are getting local support I know AA sure can fill upp a lot of time
and it's a good place to find others to share your new lifestyle with..

Thanks for joining with us...keep posting