Notices

Whiners Anonymous - Part 60 The Geezers Part

Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

Thanks for the concern, I was only joking of course... hard to portray that through text
Old 07-07-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

this computer will be taking a trip with me to the firing range and 100 dollars worth of ammunition before I drink over it
Old 07-07-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

fands, as has been said to me, Get Over It

LTT, does Mr LTT have that dry pink stuff all over him?

ann, Marge Simpson has nothing on you

WW
Why is it that someone would start up a thread that is seemingly innocuous and then sit in wait while people respond, and then pounce on the respondees to start attacking the respondee's beliefs?
character defects?

or self-will run riot?

newb, whiners,

Are Winners!

my dear least, there have only been 59 parts prior,

and WA, is a clue, short for WAH!

that should work like a magnet!

undero, aplologies, though i'm laughing my ass off

i didn't see a thing queeny,

and change is what recovery is all about,

and whineing too

and queeny, snitch least did it again!

ah, sweet revenge!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

RZ, Don't you know who I am????? I'll get over it by part #61....which will be properly labeled by ABsolutely Amazing Ann....the Outstanding Performance thread.

I knew I stayed at work too late tonight, the doors were locked to get through to the next building on my 1/4 mile hike to the parking garage...and my ID card would not swipe through????? WTF, all the other doors worked with my card....I have access, but my card is not working for ONE important door....which meant I had to back-track down the hall, take a different elevator, through the bowels of the Ortho department basement, surface by the hospital operator switchboard...run across the main street through truck and bus traffic to get to the parking garage...and hike up 6 flights of stairs because one elevator was down...the other seemed to be stuck on 7.

and you want me to "GET OVER IT"????? ....hah! then I got home, praised Sammy for not peeing on the pads, took him for a long walk and advised the neighbor who fell down her stairs (putting out a donation box for Lupus) to get off of her feet, her toes were black and blue.....after that 30 minute walk, I cleaned the cat box, fed the pets, cooked a chix breast, fresh mushrooms and asperagus...and YES, I also want a drink and I want someone to clean my house for me, and put all the laundry away too.

how is that for a whine-fest??? no cheese to go with it...it's not on my diet plan.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Tonight is last night in lovely vacation spot. Whine.
Back to cooking me own food and my j o b.
(paltry but all I got)

Under I had a river take my shoes and a toenail once in whitewater. That's a way-back whine
Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Fandy that is a well done whine and sorry for your troubles!

My thanks button is missing again
Old 07-07-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

the computer thing doesn't count as my complaint for the day, I just had to vent about that as it was happening...

hmm where to begin.... acne sucks. especially when it goes away, and you get all happy about it, then it comes back. The summer months here in the humid south are the worst for that... I am also just frustrated with the past, and the fact that I can't change it really drives me crazy.... just thinking like why the hell didn't I stop using after my first panic attack... Because of the fact that I used daily for years, and suffered panic attacks daily, for years, I am still struggling with that horrific trauma in the back of my mind, and of course my subconscious is well accustomed to a constant state of high anxiety. I am much better, but there is still anxiety, and there is still the memory of how terrifying that $h!t was. Of course I had good experiences at first... but the bad experiences quickly became the norm, and despite the constant hell I put myself through each time I used I WOULD NOT STOP... I mean, I had mild GAD and SAD as a kid. Never had a panic attack though... I just can't help to think about... what if I just quit using after I had my first episode of "such intense fear I would rather be dead and my perception of the world and our very existence seemed so terrifying I felt like I had no where else to run"... Now I have problems with things I was never afraid of (I've gotten better now, but probably the first month sober I developed the most abnormal phobias and obsessive thoughts that I never dreamed I would have in my right mind)

I'm thankful for the fact that I have improved from a seemingly hopeless state of mind, but the lingering symptoms and things that remind me of what I experienced in that state of mind make things hard on me today. The positive is, it has been keeping me sober... I mean the thought of benzos does cross my mind occasionally but when I'm feeling anxious the last thing on my mind is "hardcore stimulant"(my doc) or trippy type drugs.... benzos and alcohol are appealing but the reason I don't touch those is everytime I touch a benzo next thing I know I've forgotten how many I've taken and then I'm mixing it with every other drug I can get my hands on. Dont forget the laying on the floor drooling part. It happens every time, without fail... My most dangerous mindset is when I am feeling well, and calm, and in a good state of mind/setting... that's when using seems most appealing to me

anyways I'm just pissed off that I have to suffer from some mistakes in the past and wish I could just go back in time and smack myself in the face, and yea I do know there is a section in these forums for anxiety but tbh I think for a person suffering with anxiety it is counterproductive to go on there and relive all your symptoms and give them credibility. I do go on there and try to offer help and support to those who were as bad as I was, but that's it... I refuse to go complain about all my symptoms/sensations because the key to overcoming it is to recognize it is anxiety, nothing more, nothing worse, and just focus your mind on something that requires a lot of conscious thought so that you aren't paying any attention on how you feel... picking apart how you feel and trying to figure out why you feel that way (for someone with bad anxiety) seriously makes it worse, just sayin... But anyways I'm glad I just typed all that out because it makes it easier for me to just let it go... just knowing I have the thought written down and somewhere in cyberspace
Old 07-07-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nighty night geezers and geezettes.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Why the Queeny and Fands Part61????

Why not the svelte, young lovelies Part 61????? HUH?

I hvae no whines..the day has been lovely. House smells delicious as muffins finished baking and cooling off.....laundry washed and hung in garage, other loads folded and away, coffeed with friends so Wee Man could play in covered playground to burn off energy on a stormy day!

Checked on sister who is in early labour...LOL....day 2. Oh poor thing.

And still loads more of the day to go.

Fands..I am ordering the housework fairy to your place ASAP....dont blame me if she gets lost on the way!

Enojoy your Fab Friday....mine is 3/4 done!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:38 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

How about we skip 61 and go to 62? or better yet we could go 16 and really confuse the heck outta everyone

I am often a trouble maker that has been one of my character defects that I don't really want to change cause I like it and it keeps most people on their toes.

I had a heck of a visual with UO and the pond that is probably a you tube moment

I saw this stat on Nancy Grace tonight that I found pretty disturbing

Casey Anthony spent 1,043 days in jail
Caylee Anthony lived 1,042 days

Nite Nite

Last edited by newby1961; 07-07-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: add more
Old 07-08-2011, 03:13 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

keep posting fands, part 61 is just a few days away! lol

isn't there any WW Cheese?

undero, well said

Why not the svelte, young lovelies Part 61

How about we skip 61 and go to 62? or better yet we could go 16 and really confuse the heck outta everyone
sheesh, i guess i opened up Whinedora's Box
Old 07-08-2011, 04:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Up earlier than I wanted to be up... and woke up to dog pee on the floor in two places!!
Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Underoath - I'm so glad you got that out. I hope you keep a journal of those thoughts - they're so valuable. Your memories are painful (& they should be!) but necessary for you to recover. The intensity of them will fade as you go along, but they will always be part of you - to help, not hinder. I'm glad you didn't get sucked into the quicksand - you are a valuable addition to the world.

Fandy - Here's hoping you have a great day today - to make up for the craptastic yesterday.

Manz - Nice to see you feeling content

Frances - Coming down off of vacation always sucks doesn't it.....

Least - Sorry about the doggie urination

My whine: As I said before, I have a new cat family in my yard. A mom & 4 kittens - very wild. Same thing happened last year, except the others were born right near my back door & were tamer. I put them on Craigslist & found homes for all. These won't come near us - so don't know what to do. My friend said, "Don't do anything - just let nature take it's course". What?! These little sweethearts probably wouldn't make it through a winter - plus, think of the hundreds of offspring they'd have if I just ignored them? Humane Society doesn't pick up animals - so it's left to us to figure out what to do. Blaaaah - I hate this.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:41 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Under-O well said, I wish I could go back in time and slap myself too.....

as for the acne, my daughter suffered terribly for years..she had cystic acne that did not respond to Acutane for some wierd reason, and she also had it on her back...very embarrassing for a young lady too.

The Pro-active stuff worked well for her and Origins makes this "charcoal mask" which draws out the junk from your pores....If there is a Macys or Norstroms in your area, they will have it, or Sephora on line....there is also a really good scrubber machine called Clarsonic..i use the little one called Mia...it's a rotating brush that really cleans well and you can use it in the shower.

my whine of the week? I have NO LINEN CLOSET SHELVES....my linens/towels are sitting in the living room and the cats are napping on them!

Whindora's box? I like it!...and there is WW cheese...i put a slice in my veggie omelette today.....I will be in a good mood again later, but I have so much to do at work...before I take vacation time next week...nope, i am not going anywhere, but I have to enjoy the option of getting the house together, sleeping a little later, having time to exercise and get a handle on this weight loss project...i am doing a lot more and feel in control which is a new feeling....first the booze now the food....I am a work in progress.

I have an entire closet full of beautiful clothes I would like to wear! some brand new!
thank GOD i quit smoking 20 years ago.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Why not the svelte, young lovelies Part 61
Because we ARE the svelte, young lovelies!!

I watched Steel Magnolias last night, one of my favourite movies ever. My whine is that I want to be a southern gal who gets her hair done almost every day.

Morning Whiners. Happy Whiny Friday!
Old 07-08-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

UO - My ex had severe acne. Pro-Active Solution worked very well for him.

Hev - If the kittens are running around, it's time to catch mommy and get her fixed. There are traps for that. Our humane society loans them out. We own our own due to the large amount of feral cats we capture, neuter and release. You could even ask for the loan of a trap in the pet section on Craigslist? Even if the kittens are wild, if they are young enough it may still be possible to catch and tame them enough for adoption. Best of luck.

No whines for me yet. But the day is young.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

I don't have severe acne... just mild acne that doesn't respond to anything... the best thing is saltwater at the beach. I tried accutane which worked but it also made my hair fall out, and after I quit taking it the problem came back... so I guess it could always be worse... I haven't tried proactive but I have tried like 10 different pills and 20 different creams, none of em did anything... perhaps they kept it from getting worse. Right now im not taking or using anything, and my skin was pretty much perfect besides the occasional zit and a few blackheads.... but I think my face constantly sweating is what is causing this outbreak. If it keeps up I will try something new... I just wish it would disappear and never come back
Old 07-08-2011, 06:37 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

but I guess if pro active works for severe acne it should work for what I got... but accutane was supposed to be the big gun of all acne medications, and it barely worked for me
Old 07-08-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I've never had bad acne, but have the occasional zit or blackhead. When I was young they said I would grow out of it. Not true. What is just not right is having zits AND wrinkles!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Zits & Wrinkels hey that should be the name of a band or something?

So its way to early for a whine although I woke up at 4AM but the good news is I fell back asleep till 8AM

Dyed my hair yesterday a new product by John Frieda and according to the comercial it is easy to use cause it is a foam well ladies & gents they were 100% right. Great product and super easy to use..

Be back later...