Notices

Whiners Anonymous - Part 60 The Geezers Part

Old 07-06-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Manz - glad to hear it wasn't what you thought.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

rise and whine

got'a love those parole officers

manz, is the pic finished?

got the full plate special today,

ought'a be at least one great whine in this day

ah, a projection whine
Old 07-07-2011, 03:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am whining about the title of this thread....I will whine that I DISPISE itand find it annoying..so i have not been posting much. When someone posts the new part #61 and uses proper titles and flattering descriptions of my whining abilities I will feel better.

it is hot and sticky and I keep thinking that it is Saturday every morning when i first wake up...(wishful thinking).

not a whine, but I find I am still enthused with WW program...it must appeal to the obsessive nature...their e-tools let you track everything and they have pie charts, graphs, tables on the trackers....if it works, i'll whine it.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
part time member

Are you kidding me....condo hasn't been put in my name yet! I don't think the guy had power of attorney...have to wait until title insurance company wakes up! and Mr LTT has poison ivy...I'm terribly allergic....slept on the couch afraid of catching it...gotta wash everything...

1 good thing..sold dad's car..hope that the bills are counterfeit...that would be my luck...
Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wonderful whines this morning, gang, well done.

CMC, be very careful with multivitamins and over the counter health stuff because it can react badly with many medications. Take what you really need and get the rest through your diet.

Zipperman, fluffy may be the call of the day for the "new do". "The bigger the hair, the closer to God"...that's what my southern friends tell me.

Fandy, geezer is as geezer does and I rather enjoy geezerhood,

LTT, get thee to a lawyer and get yourself legal dibs on that condo!

Lovely day here, plan to do my walking whine around the shore soon and then off to the salon for beautification.

It works when you whine it!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Why is it that someone would start up a thread that is seemingly innocuous and then sit in wait while people respond, and then pounce on the respondees to start attacking the respondee's beliefs?

Is it a game called "Sobriety Whac-a-Mole "or, "Let's Program Bash" or more appropriately entitled "Get A Life"

Sheesh - and then the minions with as many days of abstinence that I can count on my two hands stand behind them and cheer them on.

Thank you SR for ignore buttons.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:43 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

whack a poster?

CMC, there is a type of Niacin called "non-flushing"...I think it may be labeled "slow release"

I stand behind my protests...because it's all i can do, except WHINE of course.....it is hot and sticky, humid....lots of biting bugs are florishing today...feasting on my ankles as i walked the dog.

I am terribly allergic to poison ivy too....if the wind blows i can catch it...the last time, i had to get steroids and the strongest prescription steroid cream i could wring out of a friend (Habrtrosol?)....i was literally scratching the skin to bleeding...filet of forearm?
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fandy, your protests are valid and worth every whine and don't you forget it girl...'cause this geezer has a bad memory, lol. Kidding, love you lots.

I too hate poison ivy. When I was in 8th grade, my two best friends and I decided to roll in poison ivy so we could get out of going to school yet still hang out together and have fun. We all ended up at the hospital with swollen eyes, balloon faces, puffy and oozing hands and terrible itches in places a person ought not itch. Probably the dumbest thing we ever did.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
part time member

1 good thing..sold dad's car..hope that the bills are counterfeit...that would be my luck...
I meant to say AREN'T...geesh..

carry on...

hey..where is the thanks button?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:07 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

LTT - I knew whatcha meant.

I had such horrible nightmares that I was happy to wake up a few minutes before the alarm. No, "just 5 more minutes" for me this morning. I will not watch shows like Criminal Minds before bed again.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Moaning Geezers oh sorry I meant Whiners

So it seems the older I get, 50 BTW, I try to go with the flow and pick my battles like my Dad says.

One of my I guess you could call nosy alky friends who I am really just getting to know said to me when I called her "Oh look who is calling me from the grave."

Now I admit I tend to isolate a bit but I like my me space there was a time not so long ago I hated being w/me and now I like it maybe a little too much?

She has been sober for 30 something years and she is forever saying "Well when I got sober" things have changed a bit get over it, but the hard part for me is she is ornary like me, from the East Coast, and she really is coming from a place of caring for each and every alky.

So what's the problem? Who knows just felt like whining and that is my right cause I have been told Whiners are Winners
Old 07-07-2011, 06:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

Perhaps one of the mods could change the title from "WA" to "Whiners Anonymous" so that newbies could know what this thread is all about - WA just doesn't give a clue.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

RZ- I was attempting to get rid of some of the algae that has infested the pond. I sank about knee deep in some thick silt at the bottom of the pond that had been collecting there over the years. When I managed to free myself, my shoes were long gone... I was standing right where I lost them, but I still couldn't find em... the holes where I was standing had already filled back up with the quick-sand like goo. For a while I thought I was going to have to be pulled out with a tractor and some rope
Old 07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by least View Post
Perhaps one of the mods could change the title from "WA" to "Whiners Anonymous" so that newbies could know what this thread is all about - WA just doesn't give a clue.
Psssst, Least, don't tell Zipperman but I changed it. Fixin' things is what we Codies do best. Shhhhh.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Ann View Post

CMC, be very careful with multivitamins and over the counter health stuff because it can react badly with many medications. Take what you really need and get the rest through your diet.
Thanks Queenie...You are so right. I only take what my docs allow or tell me to take, plus this statin/ rx is the only one I use every day.

I'm feeling alot better but still have some symptoms and it turns out that the pharmacist I called that night was wrong about the vitamins interacting with the rx.

I just got a second opinion from another pharmacist where I shop. I've been in daily contact with my doc's office- and am waiting to hear what he want's me to try next.

Fandsie...Thanks The one I use is niacin extended-release/simvastatin 500/40 and it does cause flushing in alot of people. If it's mild or only lasts a short while I can deal with it, and that's how it's been these past few months I've used it.

Maybe I can skip the statin and take an OTC niacin that isn't as strong as this one. I'm going to need to get another opinion from our cardiologist.

cmc's whiny-whine-ku:

my cholesterol
goes through the roof without a
prescribed medicine
Old 07-07-2011, 01:54 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I was woken at 4am this morning by the loudest storm EVER! Rain punding, then hail....thunder and lightening...the works.

Went to check on Wee MAn 4 and found him huddling in his bed with his hands over his ears and eyes as huge as saucers. Mummy its too noisy, I want it to stop. Cuddles and kisses fixed that...and froggie friend to keep him company.

Back to bed for me...2 minutes later....MUMMY!!!!!..... (jump outta bed I do)...."Froggie doesnt have a nose!!!!!". back to bed goes Mummy laughing.

My whine.....I couldnt get back to sleep.....and when i did...Wee MAn came to wake me up for the day....too hard to haul my butt outta bed.....need more coffee!!!

Ugh.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Psssst, Least, don't tell Zipperman but I changed it. Fixin' things is what we Codies do best. Shhhhh.
Perhaps you can change the title too....no one will notice the difference between Geezers and Geese? or Glee-seekers? Gleaming? Glorious? Guilty? Gassy?

Manz, it is a child's duty to keep you awake....and an absolute emergency about Froggie's nose! I hate loud storms too. i can never get back to sleep.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Whiners Anonymous - Part 60 The Gassy Part
Nahh, it just wouldn't be right.

Sorry Fands, just think though, it will give you something to whine about until we get to Part 61...The Fandy and Queeny Part :day6
Old 07-07-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

This damn computer program is enough to make me wanna drink
Old 07-07-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by underoath View Post
This damn computer program is enough to make me wanna drink
I'm sorry you're so frustrated but I hope you don't drink.