Notices

Class of June 10-Part 6

Old 07-17-2011, 08:50 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Beth, have a great day today.

I can't believe you haven't had any cravings yet. Last night I had a wine craving and it was pretty intense. It hit right before dinner (the usual time) and it was bad. I just kept throwing all my reasons not to drink at it and it slowly dissipated. I can't tell you in the end which of the reasons was the one that worked, but all I know is that I saw it sliding away and grabbed onto that feeling. Then I was able to get dinner together and I was totally fine.

I was even in a good mood -- it was a happy summer type of feeling. My kids and I just got back from the pool, we saw my Mom and Dad's new kitchen and then I thought .... cold glass of Chardonnay would be good right about now. I was so glad I was able to get over that and in the end I ended up having a great night with my kids. My daughter and I watched a movie together and had fun. That would have never have happened if I gave into that craving. So the decisions I am making not to drink are reinforcing!!!!

I slept very late and very deeply and had wacked out, vivid, stressful dreams about being on a plane to Mexico (without telling anyone), unable to find my daughter, unable to find all my luggage/bags, looking for a seat on this giant plane, and panicking about who was going to be looking after all my kids/dog while I was gone. Apparently I had made a spontaneous decision to go on a vacation without telling anyone. Of course that would never happen in real life... crazy dream.

I'm going to try to have a good (and somewhat relaxing but productive) day!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

So Beth, we are on Day 22? I'm approaching my all time record (24 days). This is when I usually implode. So I must be careful. As I was leaving my last SMART meeting, the nice guy who moderates the meeting yelled to me, "You can do it! You can make it past 24 days!!"

I'm going to hang onto that thought.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:32 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey you really can do this Laura. Remember it's not a race, it's whatever you have to do or tell yourself so you don't take that first sip. Run, yoga, eat, hug your child, pray, meditate, go to meeting, read those old emails, and visualize yourself in the mirror after you puked in her bathroom, whatever it is do it! I just read a book 'Mommy doesn't drink here anymore.' the author and mom in that book kind of reminded me of you. You should def read it. It's a pretty fast read too. Take care and hold on!

I really don't know why I have no cravings, in fact the thought of alcohol makes my stomach turn. I am so relieved I don't ever have to endure 1 more day with alcohol in my body. POISION! Over it!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:58 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don't get hung up on the day Laura - just do the same things on day 24 as you did on days 1-23 and will do again on day 25

D
Old 07-17-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're in the zone, Beth

D
Old 07-17-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Laura - it will get easier once you pass your day 24. And the weird dreams will diminish as well. Or actually the intensity of the weird dreams!

Beth - 1 year + is good. It's 6 weeks until my month off from work and I Can't. Wait. I am so ready. I need a break. Thanks for asking.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hey guys, glad you're doing so well Lyddie after 1+ years! Gives me inspiration! That sounds like a good read, Beth. Hadn't heard of it. I'll look into it.

I'm actually doing okay today. For some reason I was all geared up to have "before dinner cravings" and they never came. So I had a healthy dinner and am just going about my business.

My daughter and I went for a bike ride today, which was nice, although kind of short since she got "too hot." Oh well. Two of my kids start camp tomorrow which should change things up a bit. Hopefully in a good way.

So no worries today (at least in terms of drinking!!!)

Have a good night everyone.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

p.s. My dreams and sleep right now are totally normal.... they reflect the stress of my life, at times, but that's just normal. Very alcohol free. When I'm drinking, I don't sleep well and I don't dream. So dreaming is a good thing
Old 07-17-2011, 06:40 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Okay, I just ordered the book, Beth! It looks good. With shipping, about the cost of a bottle of wine!
Old 07-17-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Lyddie- I KNOW I am so excited for you!!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip! It is so nice to have something so huge to look forward to

Laura-The bike ride sound fun, and very cool you got the book! I always get my books on amazon w/ free shipping

Dee- I hope you are felling fab! I am in the zone and I plan on staying here

Anew-Hi

Shoei-How is everything?

HFA-How was Dave and Busters?

So I got some paint today! Bright Orange for the walls and I got a hot Pink Shag Rug! I am re-doing dd's 'nursery.' She never sleeps in there, so I am going to turn it into a super comfy playroom. I love orange and pink together. It's going to be a fun room.

Have a wonderful week!

DAy 22
Old 07-17-2011, 07:58 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm doing fine Beth - good to hear you so positive too

D
Old 07-18-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good Morning, I am having a stressful morning but I am fine. Just the normal stuff. I think it is because I am not organized and my mind is going into too many directions. I am working on it

Have a great day!

DAY 23
Old 07-18-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Day23.... I'm okay, Beth.

Dealing with lots of emotions out of nowhere today, but none of it is triggering me to want to drink. That in itself is progress.... may be hormonal. I don't know.

I'm going to Candlelight Yoga soon -- should help. The new au pair is coming along. I guess any kind of major change is going to be disruptive to all people involved.

My birthday is coming up on Friday. It's also my au pair's birthday. We will have a dual celebration on Thursday night. So I'm going to go buy her some presents. I already bought my own present - a wifi Internet radio for my bedroom. Can't wait to set it up. Hopefully my mood will be a little lighter by week's end. Anyway, hope your day is good, Beth.

Later!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Off to work... Day 24. Hoping for a good day. SMART meeting tonight.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hey Laura, Stay strong

I have had some things come up and I may be moving back to ATL sooner than I thought. I have a lot on my mind. Instead of thinking about alcohol, I think I am so grateful I am not drinking.

Have a good day guys.

DAY 24
Old 07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey Beth, I hope things are okay!! Drinking never helps, that's for sure.

I just got back from my weekly SMART meeting. It was wonderful. I think the weekly meetings are helping a lot. I'm starting to really know the people as well, so it's just wonderful.

I'm beginning to get that zen feeling today... I think what I was feeling yesterday was hormonal. Today it's beginning to lift. I'm getting my life back on track and it feels great.

Upbeat today!!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Laura, I am so glad to hear your meetings are helping you. Being supported on this journey has made all the difference for me.

Beth, it sounds like you have alot to think about right now. What progress that drinking isn't an option right now! If you move back to Atlanta, you will be 180 miles from where I live...what a small world..

I hope everyone else here on the June thread is doing well.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey all, Sorry I have been so busy today, I am just now getting a sec to sit down.

Laura- Congratulation on Day 25!!!!! I hope your having a good day

Anew- Cool we'll have to have lunch sometime!

I have the opportunity to live in the townhouse I lived in before I moved to LA for very very cheap. It just became available. My mother owns it. So when I say cheap I mean almost nothing. It does need some work and is not my ideal place to live with my child and now 3 dogs, and 3 cats. The thing is I would never have to worry about being kicked out and the college I would go to is 5 mins away. My mom could watch DD and my friends and family are close by. I prayed that God would let me know when the time was right for us to go. Is this my chance? I can't stay here forever. I think I may only have a 2 month window to make a decision.

So any advice on the subject would be great. I know it's my decision. I just have so much on my mind! UGH! No worries about drinking, not even a thought in my head.

Have a good one!

DAY 25
Old 07-20-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Beth -

That's a really big decision to make. My best suggestion is to make a list of all the reasons to go and the reasons to not go. And then think about how moving or not moving would impact your sobriety. Make another list. Then after all that - listen to yourself. What do you really want to do? Sometimes doing what may not make sense to anyone else but you is the right thing to do.

Good luck!
Old 07-20-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Administrator

I second Lyddies advice Beth - take the 8 weeks and think it out from every angle.

D