Notices

Class of December 2010 Part 8

Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

my PM box is always open if you wanna talk VC.
take care of yourself.

D
Old 06-29-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

hi all thinking of you guys

Still taking it day by day, moment by moment...been enjoying time with my kids these days, I am so lucky to have them.

have a calm and peaceful night
Old 06-29-2011, 08:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Soph, congratulations!! What a big step, wow.

I am feeling better...went to the movies with friends and it was very nice to get out of the house! Hope you are all having cozy nights...
Old 06-29-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Also, I wanted to say that I think it's amazing that we're all here ( as Soph said, showing up) even when we feel down. We're going to feel down sometimes...that's normal and healthy and what we've all been numbing for years! Maybe feeling down...letting ourselves feel it, and not being scared and not drinking...maybe that means we're healing?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better, MJ. Cozy indeed in San Diego, with the foggy marine layer rolling in. Looks a really nice weekend ahead.

Sopher, congrats on finishing Step 4. It's obvious how much you're getting out of all your work.

Nota, good to hear from you. Glad you're making the most of the summer with your kids.

VC, where did you meet the patient? How are you doing? Have you been to Celebrate Recovery yet?

Hooped, MGF, GFCO, BF, Dee...ha—just noticed that sounds like "BFD"! Anyway, this thread is a big effin deal to me. Hope you all have a day to be proud of tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Just saw your follow-up MJ: Yes, absolutely agree! Learning to live sober means learning to deal with my emotions, instead of numbing myself to them. I figure that feeling down at times is a small price to pay for being able to wake up feeling hopeful and free.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:18 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Morning all.

The women I spoke about is our landscape person here........quite the worker. She had to have radiation and chemo...still going thru it actually....makes my problems seem so small.......have a good day today peeps.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Slept pretty good last night besides waking up like sweating, gross! Last night I was very tempted on my way home to buy some beer but drove straight home instead and had iced tea instead. I am a little worried about tonight bc I'll have the house to myself and no that's been a big trigger in the past but right now reminding myself of what truly happens if I drink.

VC wow that's great she still is out there working while going thru all of that, must be really tough.

Hope everyone has a good sober day!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
Just saw your follow-up MJ: Yes, absolutely agree! Learning to live sober means learning to deal with my emotions, instead of numbing myself to them. I figure that feeling down at times is a small price to pay for being able to wake up feeling hopeful and free.
YES. I have been dealing with this issue a lot lately. I actually have to process my feelings now, and they don't go away until I do. Waking up healthier emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually every day is a gift I can give to myself... it's addicting in its own way.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:16 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Still sober but my car is loaded...lol...with camping and fishing gear.
Off to the wilderness for a week now.
Wishing myself luck here, both with the fishing and staying on the sober path.
Pretty confident about both actually.

Taking the laptop ..so I'll be in touch.

Take care folks, be good to yourselves.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

love the bananas..........lol

think we need more fruit in this thread?
Old 06-30-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
love the bananas..........lol

think we need more fruit in this thread?
well we're all kinda nuts so a change would be nice... bah-dump CHH!

(please humor me and respond that the preceding was funny)
Old 06-30-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Haha very funny MGF!

Having fun on the camping trip Hooped!

Just got home from work and grocery shopping. That was a big trigger. I even ended up walking down the alcohol isle staring at all of it. I ended up getting some fruit juice and seltzer and some monsters and diet pepsi instead. Glad I didnt buy any booze
Old 06-30-2011, 06:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I am NOT sick today! Headed to see family tomorrow. Good night, all!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Woohoo on not being sick MJ!

Alright guys finally Friday! And another 3day weekend. Very excited about the both of those. What's everyone up to for the 4th? I have my big final tues so won't be doing anything but study study study. I'll be happy when it's over.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Happy Canada Day! Or whatever it's called

I did laugh at that MGF BF, congrats on confronting temptation and winning! MJ, glad to hear you're feeling better. Hooped - so jealous! We need more fish pics.

We are going to do our usual thing this 4th, assuming fireworks are allowed with all the burn restrictions. We'll go walk up this trail that takes us about 100 ft below where the fireworks are set off on the side of a mountain. We'll be right where the firefighters are. The town below is in a valley and you can hear everyone yelling and clapping, and you get ash all over you. Our hike will be easier this year because we won't be weighed down by a bunch of beer in the backpack.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:11 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hi Guys, this Fourth weekend will be sober, that's one thing I am planning. Everything else is up in the air. I plan on hanging out with others in recovery.

Other than that, not much to report...going to meetings, reading the lit and checking in with my sponsor.

Lots of good wishes to all my December friends! Hang tough!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Me too, Soph! I don't care about fireworks or barbecues or any of the other July 4th stuff. Every day without alcohol is my own personal Independence Day.

Hope everyone has a healthy and peaceful weekend.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post
Haha very funny MGF!

Having fun on the camping trip Hooped!

Just got home from work and grocery shopping. That was a big trigger. I even ended up walking down the alcohol isle staring at all of it. I ended up getting some fruit juice and seltzer and some monsters and diet pepsi instead. Glad I didnt buy any booze
Hi everyone, have a great holiday weekend. No plans at all for me, this one just kinda crept up on me. It was a long week at work so I am just going to do nothing.

BF, I gave the beer section an odd glance every time I walk by it, it's an odd feeling for sure. Keep just walking on by it.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hello! We are with family for 4th...have a great weekend, everyone!