Notices

Class of December 2010 Part 8

Old 06-27-2011, 06:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

BF, hope you're enjoying pasta...you deserve it.

I am home and happy...snackin' on Rolos tonight. Guys, I'm gonna have to really work it after the baby's born! But until then, here's to snacks! Haven't had a Rolo since thr 80's, but they were calling to me today.

So I am trying to plan a vacation without the kids...but it's amazing how many vacations revolve aeound booze. Wine-tasting, beers, rum drinks on the beach...any ideas for a fun, relaxing trip where I won't always be surrounded by booze? I love to scuba, but can't this year. Trying to think of active things...
Old 06-27-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not really the vacationing type but I live at the beach anyway...LOL

I've been here 4 years now and there's a ton to do...art galleries, museums, cafes, walks, swimming, shopping...your only limit is your imagination I think MJ

D
Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Any ideas for a fun, relaxing trip where I won't always be surrounded by booze?
Hmmm.... Salt Lake City? Saudi Arabia? But to Dee's point, wine country spas and beachfront views also go really well with an iced tea.

BF, I spent a lot of time feeling sorry for myself. I had to quit doing that in order to quit drinking. Addiction and self-pity feed off each other. I think the biggest danger of relapse is the demoralizing effect; it makes people begin to doubt they can escape the cycle. But you can—the proof is everywhere you look. You have a chance to walk out of this trap at a very young age, to make the whole ordeal just one short chapter in the long story your life. I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling grateful for that, and make the most of the new day.

GFCO, I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend. Hope you and all the other Decemberales are having a good one tonight.

I'm feeling a lot better now than I did yesterday. It's hard dealing with feelings instead of running way from them. But that's part of life. I didn't give up booze; I gained a life. I plan to take good care of it this time around.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for the positivity R&A!

Going to bed sober..
Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday all!
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday. I don't have much else to add.

Glad to be sober.

MGF, R+A, Nota, ReggieW, North - you guys are inspirational! Thanks for leading the pack.

Hooped, MJ, VC, GFCO, BF, hang in there, one day at a time! Every day sober helps.

Peaceful wishes to all.

(Dee,:ghug3)
Old 06-28-2011, 02:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey guys hope everyone's having a good day

Soph I am also glad to be sober.

Pretty tired today but I'm thinking it might be a couple days before I feel better after downing all those beers all weekend. I really am trying to be happy and positive and all that stuff but having trouble with it this past week. I've just been in kind of a funk. Maybe instead of trying to reverse it I should just let it ride out. Not sure. There's so much I need to work on and the worst is having to wait awhile for things to improve. I want immediate results when I make changes!!! Well that's about it for now.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad to be sober today too.

BF.. talking about being tired, I think Ive been sleeping more than Ive been awake these past few days.

Not working right now either so am having multiple naps during the day.

Dreaming like crazy too.
I think it's the minds way of catching up and dealing with things.
Sooner or later.. I'm gonna snap out of this and be lit up like a ball of fire!

In the meantime... its time for another nap.

Take care folks!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey team, sick again today...I'm joining you on the "feeling low and laying low" Tuesday...we will feel better tomorrow...rest & take care of yourselves!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sorry you guys are feeling down, emotionally and/or physically. But glad you're feeling sober. I had a kind of frustrating evening—neighbor's dogs yipping and yapping, driving me nuts while I tried to get some stuff done around the house. Thanks for the reminder about what matters. Who cares about a little noise? I'm sober tonight and doing the best I can. That's something to feel good about.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 06-28-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Old 06-28-2011, 10:14 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Super cool, Hooped. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:22 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks Hooped

D
Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hooped what an awesome lil video to watch before I go to sleep. Thanks!

Finally home from a long day of work then school. Laying in my cozy bed has never felt so nice haha. I have my big final coming up next tues and while I have tonssss of studying to do I also feel like I need to invest more in my sobriety this week as well. I will need to figure out a good way to balance the 2 out this week.

MJ sorry to hear your feeling sick, hope tomorrow you feel a little better.

R&A baking dogs can def get annoying. I have a neighbor that just let's their dogs bark all through out the day some days. Ah!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hooped. Thank you for showing us that video. It brought tears to my eyes. You know, my temporary sponsor is blind. She has become a friend. I spent several hours with her last evening going through my 4th Step - finally - to finish it and get me going into my 5th.

Spending time with her has, sorry for the pun, really opened my eyes. Makes me grateful.

Getting sober is difficult. Maybe the most difficult thing I have ever tried to do. But it is really the only choice I have left. I don't want to stay stuck in my crap. And no job, or relationship, or new car or move to a different place is going to give me what being sober will give me. Which is peace.

Every day I come here hoping to see you all feeling good, hoping that you all, my virtual friends, are finding relief from your pain. All I can do is support and encourage, the way you all do for me too. Thanks for showing up.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning gang! Glad to be able to wake up sober. Still battling the tiredness but it is only my 3rd day sober and it could be worse. I'm going to try and keep it positive today.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I think if you were blind and could suddenly see again, every day might look like a beautiful day.

My reaction to any of lifes stresses was always to have a few drinks.
Once upon a time that didn't present much of a problem.
Eventually, over time, it became the biggest problem.

Took me a long time to get to that point, and it's hard to pull back after so many years of ingrained behavior. But, as Soph says, there really is no other choice.
I'm slowly learning to cope without grabbing a drink.

I hope you all have a beautiful day, barking dogs, tiredness, and all.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:48 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

If there was one thing in my life I find precious..........it is eyesight....you can lop off this and that...........but eyesight........wow........I connected with a cancer patient today...........it really made me feel good..........peace out gang......not much else to say..........
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry to see so many of you feeling down in the dumps.

I'm always thinking about you all and wishing you the best.

Not a whole lot to report here....life goes on.