Old 06-06-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go BeenDown - congratulations!

D
Old 06-06-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

For the Welcomes!

BeenDown~Congrats! 30 days is a Huge accomplishment for you!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:47 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks so much guys.
Hready, Dee, steeds, Sarah, newstart, TT, CatFry, and Pumpkin. You're all awesome.

Ok enough about me. Hope everyone else is starting their weeks well.

Pumpkin be careful of the Valium. I was on benzos for 17 years and they're addicting as as heroin as far as I'm concerned. Not judging and I understand that they serve their purpose, I just care about you and don't want you to suffer like I did.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

My last drink was 22 May 2011....I guess that makes me a class of May 2011.....15 days today....I just ordered "under the influence" from amazon based on this thread......
Old 06-06-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

dbskid, welcome! Looking forward to hearing from you more. Great job on 15 days!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:04 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Resting Easy

Welcome DBskid and HR. Glad to hear about your milestone, Beendown. Thanks for the idea on Under the Influence, 3Steeds, I definitely want to read that. I'll check that location. Everyone seems to be recommending it from all sides. Today was good....worked pretty late though and now am eating something quick that would taste great with a beer, but I'm having Sleepy Time tea instead and writing to you guys. I think mostly I'm just thirsty!! Good thing its not beer it'd be gone gone gone. So the tea's okay. I'll need to make more though. Thanks for being there. It really does help to have a place to check in when the urges hit. Peace to you all. And sleepy time cheers.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi all and well done everyone.

Day 3 at last, slept not too badly considering - need more but deffo over the worst this time.

Beendown I am aware of how addicting the valium can be and am very careful with them. My doc will prescribe me 10 x 5mg tablets every now and then and I still have 7 left out of the last 10 prescribed over 2 weeks ago. I dont particularly like how they make me feel I just like to know they are there if I get panicy and that rarely happens unless ive been drinking so I shouldnt need them after today Thanks for the reminder warning and many congrats on your 30 days - ill get mine in June - I will I will I will - there are no celebratory "excuses" lined up - just work, sorting out my house and more work on the steps.

Im really a June member now but cant forget about you guys in here and love to see how you are all getting on.

Have a great day everyone.

PS x
Old 06-07-2011, 12:33 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Oh poo I just realised the date and as Im on day 3 I wont get my 30 days till July - aaargh! Oh well, when July comes i'll only have 5 more days to go.

Never was any good at maths.........
Old 06-07-2011, 12:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Today was a struggle. I dont know what triggered it. Perhaps its was because I finally got the position at work that I have been wanting for 2 years now. I kept hearing the trickster telling me how nice a cocktail would be, and that I deserved one or two (six? eight?). I could push it from my mind but, I was amazed how quickly I was thinking about it again. Im feeling better now. Proof I need to stay on guard. Damn trickster.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hope you continue to post here Pumpkin. Its good to hear how your doing. Your still the original May-er.

And a welcome to Hready and dbskid.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:49 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well done 3steeds - I know how hard that celebratory urge is to resist - Ive even found myself worrying about what will happen if I won the lottery!!! Then the conversation goes in my head well I will probably have to have some champagne but then I could afford a private doctor to get me through another withdrawal.

Insanity!!!!!

Does that mad voice ever turn off I wonder?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Welcome dbskid!
BeenDown - awesome work on the 30 days! Yay!!!!
3steeds - congrats on the work situation and good for you for avoiding the drink.
I forget how much harder it must be for you all in the northern hemisphere right now being summer! My drinking follows a seasonal pattern and i definitely find it easier to not drink in winter ( which it is now in oz) but summer is a different story altogether.. Particularly as it coincides with Christmas and new year.... But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!
I actually have a copy of 'Beyond the Influence' by Ketcham and Asbury, i haven't read the first one but I can recommend this book.... There's so much in it I wish I knew a good 10 years ago at least.... But then I probably wouldn't have been ready for it.
Have a good week everyone
Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Welcome DB & HR!
Beendown, congrats on 30 days!
And to the rest of the Mayday crew, good morning!

Been checking in daily to see how all are doing, but have missed a couple of days worth of posting. Sunday was great, actually got to take a nap in my own bed, a first in three weeks and damn it felt good! Even got a hug from my g/f as I was leaving, so things may be looking up in that dept. Yesterday was, well normal to the point that it was almost boring.
I also finished Under the Influence this weekend & passed it along to my g/f in hopes that it will help her understand my situation better, certainly can't hurt.

Today is day 24, hope all have a great day!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good morning, friends! Great to see many of you continuing to post.

3steeds, That voice is definitely playing tricks with you (as it does with all of us) but you overcame the temptation pushing you further away from the trickster. Congrats on your new job postition. A blessing for your sobriety? That's how I would view it. Another added bonus to leaving the poison behind!

Concor, glad to hear you're doing well and that life is a bit boring lately. Boring is so much better than paying the consequences for drinking.

Newstart, enjoy your cooler weather. Today is very hot and humid where I live.

Have a great day friends!
Old 06-07-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sarah1414 View Post
Boring is so much better than paying the consequences for drinking.
It's def hard trying to convince myself of this not gonna lie... lol

I miss hanging out with my friends and actually enjoying it

Better than jail though!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:14 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't find sober life boring at all tho - it's all about what you put into it I think...give it some time, guys...make the kind of life you want

D
Old 06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well, I would've paid for another boring day after the aggravation today has brought.
Met my g/f for lunch thinking it would be nice since we haven't done that in a while, boy was I wrong. The conversation went south almost immediately when I said that after almost a month of sleeping on a friends couch that I would be renting an apartment soon. Although she said she thought it was a good idea, I think she realized that it means the house will be pretty much empty once I finish packing & that she will no longer have help covering bills or with chores, etc.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable considering my current living arrangements, what say the member's of May?

Thanks in advance for letting me get my rant on, feeling much better just getting it out!
Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think your own apartment is a great idea, all things considered, concor

D
Old 06-07-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Move out concor. Work on you for a little while and if you and your g/f are meant to be you'll reunite when the time is right. It feels like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders right now and it's gotta be getting heavy.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:55 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeenDown2Times View Post
Move out concor. Work on you for a little while and if you and your g/f are meant to be you'll reunite when the time is right. It feels like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders right now and it's gotta be getting heavy.
Heavy indeed.

I tried to explain to her earlier just how much of a toll this juggling act I've been doing takes. Often seems that I'm putting more work into the current non-relationship than I am keeping myself on an even keel. When I know putting my issues on the back burner is likely the reason as to why I put my head in a bottle to start with.

But ours is a tangled web...

Knocking off early tomorrow to get some things moved into storage while she's working, should save us both getting trapped in an awkward situation.