Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 7

Old 06-12-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

MGF.. at your tender age of 42 I'd say it's way too early for you to throw in the towel. The best is yet to come bud! Don't sell yourself short just yet. There's plenty of fish left in the lake..LOL.

Groggy day for me here today. Couldnt sleep last night so I got up and watched some movies till 6 am...toothache pity party. Hoping my dental plan is reinstated this week. It's a good one but is in limbo at the moment due to a labour dispute.

Consequently it's kind of a blah day here today, but....no hangover!!
Day 35.

Hang in guys and gals.
VC, BF, GFCO...you know the drill.
One day at a time my friends.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:56 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Administrator

I met my current partner at 40+ MGF...trust me, just when you think you're over and out, you're not

D
Old 06-12-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I am a big cupid but I have a terrible track record. I've set up lots of dates, but NONE have worked out. MG, you're a catch and a half...a fisherman who is kind and has his demons under control?!?

I did want to say that seriously, maybe you should check out sober-type activities...like cooking classes or music shows...hiking or running clubs? Because it is hard to socialize when you're not bar hopping. Also, how about eharmony or match.com? From what I hear, all the kids are doing it, and I just convinced a 40-year-old friend of mine to give it a whirl.

I hope I am not sounding glib. It's hell to be lonely, and I am sorry you're hurting. But we know how wonderful you are, and I know you will find someone who sees all that goodness shining through.

I wish my kids would go to bed so I could watch another SOA. We've been to 3 kids' birthday parties this weekend and I am exhausted. Chuck E. Cheese, a pool party, and a petting zoo. "Mom, pleeeease can we get a hedgehog?"

VC, nice work. Keep it up.

Soph, still reading Harry Hole?

Hooped, hope the tooth feels better.

R&A, BF, Dee, Middlesborough, Guido And everyone, hang in there...another sober weekend. We rock.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maryjan View Post
MG, you're a catch and a half...a fisherman who is kind and has his demons under control?!?
+1 MGF. Just imagine the kind of ladies you'll meet now that you're sober.

I spent the weekend in the garden and stayed away from alcohol. This is my first year growing at such a high altitude, so we'll see what happens! I've been spending a lot of time outside trying to figure out each micro-climate. Endless combinations of sun, shade, water, clay, sand... It's also a great way to get a tan. I purchased a hummingbird feeder a few days ago and there's already 3 regular visitors. I'm working on creating a man cave-like habitat for the birds outside our front window (which is huge) so then we can set up some chairs and binoculars and see who comes to visit. It'll have everything birds like and it will keep me busy
Old 06-13-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Sounds like everyone had a good, healthy weekend. Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:17 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Oh you are all over the top, wow. Really I feel blessed to have this amazing group of people in my life.

Thanks all for your kind words, I appreciate this more than you can imagine. I try to keep my chin up and go forward but boy there are times I just kinda sit up in bed and have a quick freak out

All is well, I continue to stay on track. And thanks so much for the good advice, yep I do need to come back out of the shell and get into some social activities. I feel like I'm surrounded by pubs here in DC but I know there is so much more going on.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

So Dee.......what's 40+?? LOL.

GFCO, that is really cool about the hummingbirds......they are hard to attract but now you will have regulars....nice. I too spent alot of time in the garden......growing all kinds of veggies....

Well off to work..........have a good Monday peeps.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's not a club LOL.

D
Old 06-13-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Day 1 AGAIN! Bummed big time. It's my own fault. I got caught up talking to the friend that I had stopped talking to bc of all the drinking and ended up getting beer while at the store. Now today I'm lagging at work, tired as hell, and want this day to be over. I have class later but will probably leave early if I can and lose a couple points bc I'm way tired. Feeling kinda lost today but wil not give up on getting sober.

VC are you still hangin in there?
Hooped, MJ,MGF, R&A, GFCO, Soph,Dee hope your all doing well.
Old 06-13-2011, 04:01 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Speaking of SOA.............Netflix only has two seasons! I am done with that, now what?? Can I get them on DVD? How many seasons were there?

Where is everyone today?

Think I could ask anymore questions? Where is Nota?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Bf, I'm sorry! This disease is sneaky.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:59 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that BF, it can take many Day 1's. Back on track.

Wow perfect day here in DC, good sleepin weather.

Good question VC, Nota is MIA.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

I heard Sherlock is good on Netflix...
Old 06-13-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Hi guys, sorry for those who are still in relapse. I am not sure what it will take you to get on track and have it stick. For me, it is AA.

Speaking along those lines, I am attending more AA meetings recently and that, along with the books I read and meeting more people in recovery, are taking up more of my "free" time than SR these days. I may not be checking in every day, but I will check in as I can for sure.

Last I heard, Nota was going strong and on 6 months sober. Whatever she is doing, I think it is keeping her sober! :-) Hope so anyway.

Be well, all. Hope you hang in there.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Yep, Nota was the first to hit six months. Speaking of which, didn't you just hit that mark, MGF?

Soph, I think it's great you're getting more involved in AA. It's obvious how much you've benefitted from it. Not just you, but MJ and Hooped too. Check in as often or as little as you can. Your support has been incredibly valuable to me these past six months!

MJ, I watched the first two episodes of Sherlock in the past week--it's terrific! My only complaint is that there's only three episodes!

Hang in there, BF. I probably sound like a broken record, but I really think it might be worth trying some face-to-face support. It seems to make all the difference for an awful lot of people.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

VC there are only 2 seasons out right now. I'm not sure when season 3 comes out on DVD

R&A I think your right. I might just have to bite the bullet and get my butt to AA this week.

Finally home from work and class and ready to pass out. Gotta stay focused this week with sobriety and skool being on the top of my list.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:15 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I didnt realize season 3 isnt even out on dvd yet. I have it but I recorded it off TV.
Season 4 should start in September.

Went to 3 AA meetings over the weekend. Also seeing my addiction counselor this Friday.

Hey guys, it took me a long time to bite the bullet and get some outside help.

I'm glad I finally did though cuz I was just spinning my wheels trying to do it by willpower alone.
It's still hard though.
I get cravings every damn day.
But the meetings and the counselling sessions are helping me deal with life without drinking.

I'm changing. Slowly but surely.

I make my bed now. First thing. Every morning. Weird... but it gets the day off to a good, positive start.

Then, I open the drapes and let the world in, rain or shine.

Before, I would keep the drapes shut for days. Just drinking and shutting the world out.
No more of that crap.

I even answer the phone now, lol.
Not only that, but I can actually understand what the person calling is talking about.

There's definately no shame in hitting an AA meeting for me.
The shame would be to continue the downward spiral.

Yeah, this is better.

love yah all !
Old 06-14-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I have been slacking on my AA meetings since the kids are home and I have so little free time. I'm going this morning. Thanks for the reminder, all.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Great post Hooped, food for thought. Making the bed is that first act of civility for the day.

I am almost at six, end of the week I believe.

Off to the ballpark tonight...will join my heavy drinking friends. I feel confident all will be ok, however these two are the type to want to continue things after hours. It's a Tuesday night so I must be vigilant!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:04 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Quiet day! Have fun at the game tonight, MGF. I would have a pre-planned excuse for the "after party." lol.........and congrats on 6 months, that seems so inconceivable to me! Mad I did not stay on track.......but I keep trying.

Hope everyone is having a good one today. I am off to bowling soon, so have a great night!