One Year & Under Club Part 3

Old 05-30-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks least!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well.

A couple of close relatives are not well and I keep thinking how much better it is that I am sober, of clear mind and am able to help. Before, there was too much "oh, they'll sort it out" or "what is WRONG with these guys??" etc. I guess no one likes regrets and especially me, but this is one of them (perhaps they would be well now if I wasn't so smashed back then).

I've booked tickets to see The Dalai Lama. He's here on the 19th June. I've never been to one of his talks before and am looking forward to it. I read his book on Happiness many years ago and realised that I had confused pleasure with happiness, before always chasing the former but now, loving the latter, happiness. Anyway, it will be a nice outing with close family.

Off to see Hangover 2 tonight. It should be a blast!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day.

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you'll enjoy the DL Rosco....heck you'll probably enjoy the movie too

D
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Rosco,
That would be an interesting event to attend. Of all the religious leaders of the world, the Dalai Lama seems to be the one with his head screwed on straight. Every time I see him on TV or being interviewed I am again taken aback at how down to earth he is, so much so that he seems to be beside us rather than above. Let us know what he is like in person.

I just saw some clips from Hang over 2 and it looks to be an entertaining ride. We stream videos from Netflix and also get Blu Rays sent in the mail. Just got the Deathly Hallows part 1 today and will watch it tomorrow. I love the Harry Potter franchise.

We are in the first hot days of summer and grass cutting is in full swing. Glad I had time to get my power gear in tune and good repair this year.

Man the folks over at over one year are growing by leaps and bounds. That was a great idea. Least got it going very nicely. I think it's great to have all the folks I have read here and known that are still here coming out and letting us know they are still around.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Hi folks

In recovery mode from a recent operation. Nothing major, but enough to slow me down this last week. Can't wait to run again...I can feel everything I've gained in the way of fitness these last couple months slowly dwindling away. I'll be back at square one again

Murray
Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Murray!
Minor operations can be a major pain, I was wondering where you've been off to. Hope it doesn't hurt; when you sit, swallow, breathe, turn your head, flex a limb, stand on your feet, walk, or use the bathroom!

Did you ever notice that when you ask the Doc they tell you not to worry that it is a minor operation that is routine now. Sure it is routine for the Doc but not the patient.

Hope your recovery is short and your memory of it too.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:50 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Get well soon Murray

D
Old 06-03-2011, 06:35 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

11 months. Getting ready to graduate on to a 2nd year of sobriety.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Lyddie!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Lyddie

D
Old 06-03-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
11 months. Getting ready to graduate on to a 2nd year of sobriety.
I'll happily be a couple days behind you, forever

Murray
Old 06-03-2011, 10:18 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Congrats Lyddie!!!! Yay!

Murray - I hope you have a speedy recovery! I had a minor surgery performed last week, 2 hours of dental work this week and another 'procedure' that came up over night dealt with this week. It has been miserable, but it'll pass - nothing life threatening etc. but I feel you!!!! Cuz it aint no fun!

Happy Sober Friday night everybody...! Going to the Giants game with a friend of mine who is like 20+ years sober tomorrow, he's become sort of a 'father figure' to me over the last 7+ months, I feel really honored his wife gave me her ticket so we could go together. I've never been to a baseball game in real life hehe.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

11 months and feeling great

10 days post-op and feeling much, much better on that front as well.

Thanks Itchy and SwanSong for your "been there, done that" encouragement!

Murray
Old 06-04-2011, 09:21 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
HFA

Congrats to Lyddie and Murray on 11 months!! Thats awsome!!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

The eve of nine months without a drink. It's fantastic. This time last year I was in Charleston, South Carolina visiting my sister. I hadn't made the decision to quit yet, but all the signs that I needed to were there. My wife would nap in the afternoon, I'd sneak up to the store and buy three 24 oz beers. Drink them, then work on a six-pack when my wife woke up.

In three days I'll be going back to Charleston. This time sober. I'll plan my visit around what other people want to do, not around my drinking. What a relief.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Congrats on the 9 months!

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
I'll plan my visit around what other people want to do, not around my drinking. What a relief.
No kidding.

We went to our daughters year end gymnastics club display yesterday. It was such a relief not being hungover and not thinking constantly about when I'd be able to get out of there and start drinking. The only way I could describe it is that I was comfortable in my own skin, and enjoyed being in the moment for the whole event.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Carl!

D
Old 06-04-2011, 11:35 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congrats on 11 and 9!!! Woot!
Old 06-05-2011, 04:00 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Murray and Carl!
Time sure flys when we're havin' fun!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hello < 1years!

Everyone sounds like they are doing really well and reaching milestones. It's great to hear the posts being so positive and clear.

Murray4X5, I recall particularly on Friday and Saturday nights when one of the kids needed to be picked up. It was a case of looking at my OH and trying to get her to do the picking up. Or drink slowly and be under the .05 and then play catch up when I got back. I remember getting very anxious about these times and even angry because it wasn't going my way. I hate regrets so the best thing is to forgive myself somehow.

The < 1 year thread looks like it's a great success. It will be of great support to many to see that it IS possible to not drink. I remember in November last year that I had serious doubts that it could be done. I know I've said it before and so have many of you, that sobriety allows for other areas of your life to be either sorted (meaning attention given to fixing it) or blossom (learning/growing/fulfilling dreams). I feel like I can confidently say that my irrational spending has stopped. I just have this confidence now to know what is right and am coherent (ie, now always sober) to give it the attention it needs.

Rambling on again! All the best for the week everyone and again, congratulations to Carl, Murray and Lyddie!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.

p.s. Hangover 2 was a hoot!