Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 3

Old 08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks Kevin I'll need it!

Dee, it still persists:
Louisiana law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rosco, how about finding a youtube video with the exact accent you are talking about so we will know what SA or Zim bab one you mean. Like I did. I would get a kick out of that. Or at least name someone who we can look up for videos. I ran across an accent test where folks on you tube are saying a particular list of words that show their accents or differences between regional dialects. Very interesting use of technology to add to the feeling of global villager.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:43 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Bit of a state of civil unrest here in england today. special tv broadcasts about rioting etc. there were plans for cuts to police too but most likely they will be scrapped now.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:00 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope things calm down soon Kev.

D
Old 08-09-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

och it will no doubt.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:36 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Just reading a book now as part of the adult child movement called "boundaries and relationships [charles whitfield] and this seems to suggest something similar to that business i was talking about healing old memories. age regression this book calls it.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Nooooooooooooooooo.................

I just typed a great big long post, and accidentally hit "some" random key?????? and it all disappeared.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

The upshot was...... hope rioting has stopped in the ole U of K.

I am on track in recovery, did some exercise last night when usually never would.....all because I wanted to! FOR ME!

That folks is the abbreviated version of the lovely prose that wrote that disappeared into cyberspace.

Itchy, and all...thanks for the feedback.

Hope all my Undie Onedies are doing great.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Good for you, Manz!

I too go to sleep hoping a better day is dawning in the UK.

I have sone things I want to do for me, stuff that fits in with what Itchy said yesterday about this being a chance to challenge old premises of who we are, and what we want. I've allowed myself to focus pretty much exclusively on my recovery these last many months. I believe it's time to now double-down, and start broadening my horizons.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:08 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Kev,I find it hard to believe that these riots have gone on as long as they have. And that now the copy cats are starting up elsewhere nearby. And now we see the first fatality.

You seem to be doing a lot of reading and I hope that you find what you need to overcome all you deal with today.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:37 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Manz!
Oh boy do I know how that feels. And then there is no way to write it like the first time even if the urge remained, which it rarely does for me when that happens. Yep I have taken several days to build and rebuild the images for the two project laptops and I am impressed with how they came out, even if I do say so myself. I have lost entire poems that way. For many years I could not write and compose on a computer, just transcribed the hand written ones to them. But for the last ten years or so I have gotten to where I can only compose on a computer.

I am so glad to hear you getting all proactive about your personal aspects of recovery, and starting to be more at cause in your life, rather than at effect. I think that many folks don't realize that life is not measured by great event but rather its quality is a sum of many little events that sometimes provide the serendipitous foundation that allows events to unfold in a certain way we find great satisfaction in. I am astounded at how little I need to be happy, and amazed at how much I have over and above my needs. You sound very much the same in where you seem to be going.

You go girl!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You said it R&A, time to double down. I coasted for a few months as if I were brittle and could shatter in a million pieces if I got shaken or stumbled to one knee. Then I got serious and contemplative. Now I get out and get things done sure, but they are the little things that added up become more than the sum of their parts. Sometimes I become so focused I literally zone out into a becoming as one with the object of my focus. Sometimes I start a few minute project at 9 am, and find several things that sidetrack me pleasantly and before I know it it is supper time and the day is gone.

Time to start setting timers and making up a schedule. I keep thinking about going back to the workplace but then wonder what I want to do when I grow up.

It is time for me to get on with more than contemplating my naval too.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:59 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Yeagh the riots are strange. Im not surprised really.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

funny walking about in the day here though, in a supermarket there is police. i think the government have it wrong here. riots or insurection
Old 08-11-2011, 02:50 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Well regardless of trouble here im moving on and forward.

kev
Old 08-11-2011, 11:49 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Kevin,
I think that the rest of your country has come to the same conclusion thank goodness. It is not just us recovering alcoholics that need to move on after crisis. Although some of us don't realize that. I have taken my leisure, and it is time for me to give back. I can't contribute if I am only in neutral, or still stuck. I had to put it in gear and move forward too.
When stuck . . . I rocked.

We have a lot of mudder people here who delight in taking perfectly good cars, trucks, and four wheelers, soup them up and make them grippy, then proceed to run them through the woods in mud and over rocks, and proceed to break them. They then spend several thousand repairing their toys and proclaim that is what makes them fun! Having heard all the stories of broken ATVs, and struck stories I realize there is an analogy there. I have never heard of one that did not make it back from being stuck. Oh it might have taken hours or coming back with equipment after a long walk out, but they always made it back. None of them are foolish enough when they find themselves stuck to just sit there. If they try and get all the support they need, while it may take some effort and patience, they eventually get moving again to where they can fix and repair the damage done from the ride.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for part 4 I think

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

thanks guys
D