Notices

Class of September 2010 Part 2

Old 09-10-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I haven't been around much, but today makes 1 year clean.

I hope everyone else from the class of 9-10 is doing well & appreciating being clean as much as I am.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations SquareHead - that's awesome!

D
Old 09-13-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SquareHead View Post
I haven't been around much, but today makes 1 year clean.

I hope everyone else from the class of 9-10 is doing well & appreciating being clean as much as I am.
Congrats! you got me by one day :p

Sunday the 11th was one year for me

I spent it in Big Sur CA. on a retreat with 20 guys I didn't know. It was awesome.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey everybody! I just wanted to check in here and saw you Sobar and liz doing great too! Congrats all of the class who are still making it. 21 Sept 2010 here.
I am hanging out in the one year and over group much of the time. I really miss my friends from here and the Under one year group, but hopw they will hang in there for another month or two and join me there as well.

Squarehead has already stopped by. Glad to see a bunch of folks hangin.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good Lord, This is an old thread... and that is a good thing. I just thought I would dig it up and let everyone know I am still alive and kicking. I have been sober 2 years and 7 months now and looking forward to much much more. Life is better than I ever thought it could be. It is only with the hope and inspiration I found here to start my journey that I could have ever gotten this far.

Hope all is well
Old 04-18-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all! We seem to have lost all but two or three along the way to permanent sobriety. I know Carl is still here but not too sure of the rest of our class. For some classes they surprisingly are still active two or three years later.

I know I've stayed pretty high profile for many and others just did not hang out on the threads I did. I also know that all don't relapse but just lose interest with a real life free of alcohol providing the friends and taking all their time. I am getting too busy with life good and bad to post for hours like I used to. And I'm seeing less of lots of the old-timers here that helped me get started. As well, some preferred the slow suicide of drinking to dealing with learning the life skills we all learned to be happy with life.

I'd like to hear from any of the class that like me, made it to recovered.

I'll start. I am not bothered by cravings or any other desires or delusions about drinking. I can't have just one, and knew that from day one. I never wanted any when I quit and that was easy to keep. Once free from that self imposed imprisonment nothing, least of all me, was going to get me to go back.

So it has been an easy almost four years. Five months and we will all be over four years sober. It seems like much longer because it was another life, and I can remember vividly how nasty it was in hindsight. No glorification of how good it felt, tasted, or made my personality socially. And no, I am not forgetting the helpless horror of watching myself fail daily to even moderate, as if any of us could. People wonder about relapses and forget that we relapsed every time we woke up to the self inflicted mental illness and then were unable to quit, so drank more to forget again. I relapsed at least 730 times in the last two years of drinking.

I was totally discouraged until a blinding insight struck me. What I was doing just wasn't working at all! Maybe if I tried something else? DUH? I knew all I needed was a head start. If I could get through detox and clear my system of it, and taste the freedom of sobriety again I would cherish and keep sober regardless of the PAWS, the loss of some social drinking buddies, and realize that I am quite good enough for me and mine.

No I am not suddenly a rock star, no sudden inheritance, no celebrity of any kind. Just me. Glad to still be here with no real lasting damage done.

Life is. I am. Are you?