Notices

Class of March 2011 Pt 4

Old 05-12-2011, 07:22 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Good morning. There will be no quitting coffee over here. I'm feeling very tired and rundown today. First week back at work, getting back into the busy swing of things. I needeth a nap.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:07 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Only a second to check in- INSANELY busy rest of the week here! But I'm here and fine. Hubby asked if he should pick up wine for my bday and I told him no, I had a commitment at 8 this morning (volunteer breakfast at the school, it was great but 8 a.m. is WAY too early for that much food!)- and I'm fine with that. I don't know if I'll ever regret not waking up with a hangover. It's my daughter's last day of preschool and her party starts in about 20 minutes, so I need to get moving to be there on time.

Thanks to everyone for the support over the past few days. I appreciate it! Thanks also for all the birthday wishes! It was a good one this year.

~Pam
Old 05-12-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Editor

Sounds like everyone is marching right along. It is funny how I look at things in a whole different......dimension. It is almost like living in a cartoon. I use to let so many things bother me in the past. I was so paranoid. I was so......mad. The paranoid feelings still show up, but I can recognize it now and laugh at myself when the brain starts to play its games. I am not mad anymore. I laugh at most situations. I feel like I am 10 again a lot of the time. Like a Duck baby. Like a Duck. (Just let it roll off your back.)
I love life. I am having fun now. I thought that I was going to be so bored. It is quite the contrary.
Keep on Keepin on.
Day by Day
Dave
Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Mirage - thinking of you driving alone & sending a big safety net of protection for you. Have a great trip.

Bevin - hope your new Dr is everything you need.

Raindance - hope work not too bad & you are able to pace yourself. Its NEARLY the weekend!

Elfgirl - YAY for you!!!!! Really, really happy for you.

Dave - I SO agree. Today a stoopid van driver parked alongside 3 parked cars (one of them mine) & proceeded to make possibly the worlds slowest delivery of papergoods in the history of humanity. Even a month ago I would have been reduced to a gibbering, quivering ball of aggression & frustration which would only hurt me, 'cos I wouldn't have the nerve to SAY anything, but ooh, the things I'd THINK about saying & the whole insane mental conversation I'd have with the driver which didn't happen & the certainty that he did it JUST to annoy ME & the ONLY thing for it is a BIG GLASS OF WINE. Or several. And think about it over and over all evening probably.

Today I went to the nearest shop, bought a soda & a newspaper & waited for him to finish. Calmly. Mostly. He eventually pulled away whilst avoiding looking at me & I did mutter 'an apology would be nice'. But I'd forgotten about it til I read Lookinforwards post.

Ha, baby steps I know. But they all go forward.

Marching on x

Last edited by RebelAngel; 05-12-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling, wot elz??
Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi all. I got sober March 1, 2011 so I thought I might make an introduction here. So glad to be clean & sober! Been feeling a little restless lately but for the most part I'm feeling good.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Jess

D
Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Just a quick hi and hello to Jess, I have the same sober date.
Good to see everyone, glad to be here.

I racked up some baby steps. One baby step I did yesterday was to place a phone call. She called today, so I have what I need to do tomorrow. Baby steps.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
orangutan

Professor lol the Iron , also I love your new avatar I am a huge fan of Pirates of the Caribbean...... well anything Johnny Depp really.

Peanutbuttercup I did get my results and they were normal, thanks.

Mirage I hope you have a safe and happy journey.

Elfgirl glad you said no to the wine I am proud of you.

Dave sorry about the Johnny Depp thing but I still love Gilligan.

Jess

DAY 60
Old 05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you just mention it was day 60 aussieblue? LOL

Congratulations!

D
Old 05-12-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Great to hear ElfGirl....

Welcome Jess
Old 05-12-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

SR ate my post LOL

congratulations to you too Elfgirl

D
Old 05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Did you just mention it was day 60 aussieblue? LOL

Congratulations!

D
oh you saw that!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

So glad elfgirl

Whooohoo to you Aussieblue!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:45 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

to Elfgirl! You rock!

to Aussie! Wooo-hooooooooooooo!

Welcome to Jess, and congrats on 73 days of sobriety! (did I add it up right?)
Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 days! I believe this is the end of Day 51 for me.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:10 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi everybody!!! Just popping in to say Hi! I'll stop by later to read and post. Been very busy and kids need computer for homework. Have a wonderful, sober weekend!!
Old 05-13-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Editor

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!!
Dave
Old 05-13-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

seconded!

D
Old 05-13-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Ahhh Friday. I'm home, I feel comfortable, I know what I did all week, and i'm not too wobbly to play Wii with my son.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

TOI - Love your Marcher's montage. A list maker after my own heart.

frances - No update on the Lifering group yet. Not really sure if that email address is functional, but I'm sure I can find more info on whether a group exists here or not with a bit more digging on Google.

Dee - You know, whenever I picture you at the computer, it's always in a massive Star Trek captain's chair with lights flashing etc. I really hope you have one of those - a good chair is essential for people like us who spend hours in front of a computer...my last chair damn near killed me.

ProfFudger - Love the new avatar! Love the list too - I think I'll do that myself this weekend.

PBC - What was the hymn you rewrote?
I think the driving anxiety thing can definitely be increased by being hung over. I don't drive now, but I rode a motorcycle a couple years ago and I was constantly in fear of getting creamed.

mirage - I hear you about the travel anxiety thing. I flew here, and I actually paid extra to be near the emergency exits on the plane. Glad I did though - if you're sitting next to the e-exit, you get extra legroom and you get to preboard too! Awesome. Anyway, I survived, and the "I'm gonna die" thing passed after a bit.

elfgirl - Good for you - you stood your ground. You have a lot of inner strength IMO.

dave - Really glad you're doing so well - progressing with those inner demons. I was never an angry drunk, but paranoid.....definitely.

Rebel - You know, that's one of the reasons I've never driven a car. It just seems like such a pain to maneuver around stuff inside a big metal box. Good for you for keeping your cool though.

Hi Jess - glad to have ya.

Yoli - Thanks for posting. I was wondering where the heck you were.

Anyone who has an extra few moments...please send me some vibes this weekend. I found a place to live yesterday that seems perfect. Absolutely TERRIFIED about the final interview with the leasing agent, even though there's no real logical reason to be. Talking on the phone scares me to death, but I really want this place. Wish me luck.

Have a great weekend everyone!