Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see everyone here moving forward

D
Old 04-20-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Manz View Post
Kev.. not psyche ward... psyche therapy etc... all good for me.
This alone put me in a better mood today. I think they should lock us all up and we could have one big party!

Magic...good to hear from you. It is truly a comfort that we are all sharing this together...something I need to focus on more.

Kev...we do need to keep moving on. I think Manz said it best a few posts ago. We take a couple of steps forward and get smacked back a few. The good news, we are sober now and deal with what life smacks us with instead of drowning it in alcohol.

Manz...I am very sad to hear about your test. My thoughts and prayers will be with you for good results.

Thanks to all for being here for me.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well, I'm a January Sobrarian -LOL is that a word? Not sure why I never posted on this thread. January 28th was 'my day'. Things happen in time and this was the time.
Things are good in my 83 days...I got a call from my new job. Have orientation tomorrow -all day. Not used to being in public -all day but it'll be fun. Think positive.
Feeling alittle 'flush' today and hoping I'm not coming down with something. Its funny now I think back, I wonder how many times I didn't feel good and the symptoms were masked by alcohol. So plenty of soup and tea today so I'm feeling my bestest tomorrow.
I have counseling this afternoon so that'll keep me grounded since I'm feelin' aleetle foggy. Glad booze isn't to blame. Hangovers suck! LOL

So..I'm wishing you all the best today. Hope you are all having a happy sober day.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:57 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Just had a nap. No idea what life is ab00t
Old 04-20-2011, 12:13 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi EmeraldRose...so glad you've joined us! My day was January 30 so I'm right behind you. I guess I thought you had a lot more sobriety from your very insightful posts. You have been a big help to me and didn't even know it!

Best of luck in orientation tomorrow! I work from home so it's been fairly easy for me because I don't have to go out of the house if I don't want to (pretty much didn't go anywhere for the first 30 days). I suffer from anxiety disorder and am almost entirely off Xanax now so I certainly understand where you are at and my thoughts are with you.

I hope you start to feel better and the foggy feeling lifts...and you are right, better then being hungover which did suck and the only way to live with it was to start drinking again. I don't miss that destructive pattern at all and when I whine (which I've been doing alot of lately), I need to think back to those dark days.

Sending you best best wishes for everything good tomorrow from a fellow January Sobrarian (like that word!).

Hugs....:ghug3
Old 04-20-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevinlednylon View Post
No idea what life is ab00t
Kev...no idea either but life is good today because you have another day sober!
Old 04-20-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hey ER and welcome. :ghug3 Another Januarian Sobrarian, woot! I really like that to describe us and if it's not a real phrase, well then it should be! We say so, so that makes it so!

DOS for me is January 21st. (Also my birthday) and I hope never to have another birthday like this last one again.

Yep locking us up and having one big party might do us a world of good, lol.
Now let's see where can we get ourselves a package deal, group discount anyone?

Here's to another day sober for all of us.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Well still codieing on my neighbors but decided to jump in and see what happened.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey Emerald, glad to see you join the madhouse! Sobrarians.... now that is a word we can all embrace. And nice also to see a fellow Whiner in the group... Whiners are winners

Couldn't sleep easily last night after something that disturbed my inner peace..... took quite a few listens to the lovely song sent to me from across the waves .... "Come stay with me, and let me make you smile.." Sigh. He really is a talented man...(you can guess who I am talking about!)

I am feeling a little under par lately... so much going on.. too much infact for one to handle alone...but I have no option. Test results not crash hot...need to see another doctor. And that is just one of the little..... hurdles in my path to sober happiness.

Day 5 of 14 without my son...his dad wont answer phone or return texts so I cant talk to or hope to have an hour with him over Easter.

MIB... I am proud of you for getting off the xanax, a huge step. Look into Mindfulness will you... it is fantastic for dealing with anxiety, and in fact all of lifes emotional stressors. Hugs as always my friend. :ghug3

Magic.. Find everyone a package deal to New Zealand, I will welcome you all with open arms. We can all have a

Emerald.... Hope you are feeling better and that you are in great shape for tomorrow... a new job is fantastic.

Kev.... I dont know what to say, except (f= flip btw in my lingo)

Have a happy Thursday Team J Sobrarians..... remember no matter what life throws at us

Sorry for the smiley fest today... trying to lift my mood..hasnt worked but what the hey(omg i had to even remove some because I used to many got a little message from big brother LOL)

Last edited by Manz; 04-20-2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Oops... pushed enter and it posted lol
Old 04-20-2011, 06:08 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Well tonight has as ever been a busy one. I have been meditation alot.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thank you for the welcome and I'm glad you liked that word. It just came to me! LOL

MIB: Nope...I don't have 'that much' sobriety under muh belt. I just speak from experience and if someone told me something I think beneficial to someone else than I say it. Most of my 'brighter moments' comes from a long history of drinking! LOL
I always had a business at home, too, so I know all to well the games we can play of hide and seek. LOL And drinking was easy!

magic: We would all have a sober blast if we were locked up to party! Thanx for the welcome.

Hi Manz: No, actually I'm not a whiner. LOL And I had a revelation in counseling tonight to that effect. Why I drank became all so clear for me today and I am a new person -as me.
I'm sorry about your situation with your boy. Hopefully, his Dad will have a revelation that opens his heart to you. My first marraige did not end well with children in the middle.

Having some soup right now and I think early to bed and no lurking on here forever. LOL

Thanx & big hugs to all....!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Way to take the lead Mtn... Januarian Sobrarian.... Here! January 18th. Just celebrated my 90 on Monday. Feeling good in sobriety too. Nice to be seeing life with clarity.

Will keep you in my prayers Manz. Make sure you get your rest. Listen to your body when it yells Whoa, down.

Emerald hope it's just a funk day and you're not sick.

Post on Januarian Sobrarians...Love out to all xoxoxo.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Patt... great to see ya here too.... welcome. My date is 15th January... so we are close hun!

LOL to infinity and beyond... every time I read that on one of your posts... I think of my boy.... he loves Buzz.

Went to the beach and walked for an hour or so..mindfully. Did some meditation to calm my racing mind...back home and it starts to flood back in..sigh. Breathing in...I breathe in(smiling)... breathing out... I breathe out(smiling).

Carry on all the J's..... business as usual
Old 04-20-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Belated congrat's on your 90 Patte....Us Januarian Sobrarian's are special, ya know?

Tomorrow is 90 days for me. This is a miracle my friends, a miracle...
I am the frequent flyer queen of relapses. Believe me I do not admit this with any pride at all, just have to toss the shame involved. I was about convinced I would not ever be able to put together 5 days of sobriety let alone 90 of them one after the other.

It is by the Grace of a God that I have belief in, though no understanding at all of, that I have remained sober and I'm not dead yet.

Onward we go, side by side, stronger I think because we are doing this thing called sober together!
Old 04-21-2011, 02:51 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi january sobrarians i too am still here, sober i think im on about idk 110 days.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Mtn I do know we are special. We're going to be the class in another 5 years that shares their strength, hope and EXPERIENCE

Kevin - I'm just going to have to keep working to catch up with you You always stay ahead of the program and I'll keep bringing up the rear. Deal?

something to share: Although this road is a hard one, I am pleased that I have my sobriety today. I know if I continue to live day by day, develop my spiritual sense, continue to be grateful and choose to live in the positive moment my hope and strength will be renewed with each waking morning. I am grateful to have learned this.

Peace out to all xoxoxoxo
Old 04-21-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good morning all my little sobrarian sunshines.
Wishing everyone a day of peace, wholesome spirit and a willful mind to continue on.
Just wish me luck being in the 'real world' all day -still feeling alittle stuffy but I'm sober so all else is irrelevant. (((HUGS)))

And congrats on the time Pat & Kev!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pattenat View Post
Mtn I do know we are special. We're going to be the class in another 5 years that shares their strength, hope and EXPERIENCE
Patte...I love this...something to strive for!

Emerald...best of luck today and we can't wait to hear all about it. Sending thoughts and hugs.:ghug3

Kev & Manz...loved chatting with you today. It started my morning off right.

Mtn...congrats on 90 days...remaining sober is amazing and it's so great to do this together!

I feel like a little ray of sobrarian sunshine today....thanks Emerald. My Dad used to call me "Susie Sunshine." Fond memories...miss Dad.

Have I been cut off of smilies yet????? :rotfxko

Big hug to all.....
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Old 04-21-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I survived the day. I'm not used to being in a public domain all day. Trying to be human, compassionate, caring, fun, happy, out going, positive...all those emotions and feelings that real people feel. Wow, they are all so new.
I have an AA meeting tonight but after such an emotionally exhausting counseling session yesterday, exciting today and tomorrow...I think I'll sit here with muh puppies and just enjoy my life.
I hope you all had a good day today, too.