Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 2

Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
orangutan

Day 20

Tonight will be hard I am going out for dinner with friends and can't stop thinking about wanting to drink. I want to drink NOW, it is so much on my mind.The only thing that will stop me is I am having my blood tests on thursday and I am hoping for a good report after the last time I have spent a lot of days sober with only a hand full of days where I have slipped up so I have to keep remining myself of this. Send me some positive energy guys.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:49 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Positive energy coming your way aussie -----------*----*--*--*--********

Those goofy lines are positive ways man, far out

Sing and spell it out now, S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y night, remember this dorky song?

Hey we need a theme song for us Marchers!!! Maybe 2- 1) an inspirational song to keep us clean and sober and 2) one to represent our solidarity and free spirits. Any ideas? (((Yoli))) you are good at this, help me out here.

This party needs to step it up another notch, how about Gatorade Keg stand? Who's in? Come on Rachel you start
Old 04-02-2011, 10:22 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I have washed the dogs before bringing them on the party bus. They are less than impressed with me and appear to have already forgotten they got a second walk today...I am just the evil woman with the water and shampoo!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:23 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
On my way....

Stacy, LOL, you are a riot, I literally laughed out loud! OK, ok, if you insist.....someone grab my feet. LOL

My nomination is Not Afraid by Eminem, it should be a contender......it makes me feel angry at alcohol and drugs. I'm not the biggest eminem fan, but I LOVE this song since getting sober.

Max, hope you get some sleep!

Bevin, GO AHEAD with your BAD self, one month!!!! Woohoo! Are you the first of our group that is at that mark?

PBC, glad you are enjoying yourself on vacation, it sounds like you have your head on right and you're in the game playing smart. I use the same technique with my cravings....playing it through. Enjoy yourself immensely, and please don't worry about responding individually now or even when you get home, that would be one daunting task....we know you're thinking about us! My wish for you is that you have one wonderfully fantastic, relaxing time with your family. ENJOY!!!

TOI, I can't get over how it's past time for bed here (1am) and you're in the middle of the day, it trips me out! Stay strong, and bring some of those truffles on the bus with you! Thinking about you.

Aussie, (((Hugs))) I will be thinking about you and sending positive vibes across the ocean, enjoy your dinner out and know that one drink won't just be one, it will just start the cycle over again and you have almost three weeks!!! Keep it up!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
On my way....

TOI, I need to do the same with my pups, they are also less than enthused about bathing.....except for Riley, who is in love with water and tries to jump in whilst I'm showering! lol
Old 04-02-2011, 10:30 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

See ya day 5

Night night all!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:31 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

OK GenJen, every Party's got a pooper and we got YOU j/k Sweet Dreams

Ok I got your legs Rach, I hope you're not wearing a skirt
Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
On my way....

Nah, I have my two piece (pants) nightclothes on! I have to poop out too. I'm tired, I'm off tomorrow, so I will be about fairly early. Everyone sleep tight and keep on holding strong!

GirlJen, you/we are kicking alcohol's ass, lovin' the clips!!

Stacy, you have THE most awesome parties, up for another tomorrow night?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:05 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Ok three night party WoooHooo! Supercute pic Rachel
Old 04-02-2011, 11:17 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
On my way....

Welllllll, I'm still here for a bit, couldn't get enough SR, so I turned my desktop off and got my laptop and got into bed. Party on people!!! lol

Thanks Stacy!
Old 04-02-2011, 11:19 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Just reading these posts about hiking here. I love nature as well - in fact I actually attempted to do some of that stuff drunk. I've passed out cold in many different outdoorsy locations!

Lofty - congrats on seeing your daughter's play sober. That's a huge incentive to keep going.

PBC - Glad you're making it through watching others drink on the beach. That's one of those things that looks like a lot of fun...but I have to admit that I've passed out cold on a couple of beaches as well. Definitely not worth it.

aussie - We're rooting for you - keep us posted on what happens with the blood test.

Rachel - Yeah, I think I'm the only one at a month. It's crazy that I've made it this far - I've tried to hit 1 month quite a few times, but the longest I made it was around 10 days. It really helps to be able to talk to you guys - I don't think most people understand how tough it is. Posting and reading other people's posts has become like a part time job for me since I quit.
Nice avatar pic, BTW.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:28 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
On my way....

Bevin, I agree, I have never made it this far before.....but I've also never had this much support and you're right, who has time to drink when you've got all these posts to read and respond to! lol I think reaching out makes all the difference. How does a month feel, any different, any easier?

Thank you, I was at the fair with my 12 y.o. step-son (not my DH's bio son, long story there) that day - it was a GREAT day, hence the big smile.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:32 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Yay Bevin you are our Pioneer, Pioneer Bevin

Party on girls!

Also I think Eminem Recovery is a great theme song:

Now what about our fun song? Tonight it can be Girls Just Want to Have Fun but what about when the boys come back?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:41 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Pioneer Bevin - ha - that made me laugh.

Rachel - There are definitely some things that are easier now. Someone mentioned having this infuriating feeling of something that was almost a 'hunger' (I think it was you?) and I understood that completely. For the first couple weeks I had that almost constantly, and it was driving me crazy. It was almost like some kind of vampiric thirst that could only be satisfied with one thing and it just wouldn't let up. At week 3 or so, I found that going for a walk would get rid of that feeling...and I also started to notice the triggers that would bring that feeling on, and if I could I would try to remove myself from the situation that was causing me to feel that way.

I won't get into too much detail about the next one, but I will tell you that being able to digest what I eat instead of having it go directly through me has made me feel a million times better.

My sleep has improved, and I'm not constantly tired. My thought process feels clearer and I'm able to be way more productive at work, though during the first 2 1/2 weeks I was a total basket case and I could only keep my attention on something for a couple minutes before my mind started wandering.

I feel better about myself because I hated my life and what I'd become. I felt so guilty about wasting so much time and basically rejecting life. I'm still fighting feelings of regret.

I posted about this before, but I have some pretty major problems with anxiety. Being around people freaks me out because I'm afraid to have a panic attack. That has improved - I was able to go out shopping today, which is a pretty big thing. I actually managed to have a conversation with someone in line at the checkout - I felt panic coming on, but I was able to get a handle on it and not have a full on attack. Rewind one month...when I took my empties down to recycling on the first night I was so anxiety ridden that I was shaking and hyperventilating...even though it was dark and barely anyone was around. So I'm not out of the woods on that one yet, but my life no longer feels like a 24/7 freak out.

Thanks for asking me that question - I think it's good to write stuff like that down in case I'm ever tempted to throw it all away.

Have a good night, my groovy Marchers!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bevin View Post
I won't get into too much detail about the next one, but I will tell you that being able to digest what I eat instead of having it go directly through me has made me feel a million times better.
!
I used to have to plan my morning exercise route around toilets! The problem I have now is that I am so used to hydrating all the time to offset wine, that now I keep needing to pee!

I ran out of something while cooking and decided I wasn't safe to go to the supermarket so I improvised. And then I just kept on cooking that is my easiest "busy" activity and I was getting edgy. Anyone hungry? Sweetcorn chowder? Chocolate truffles?

Aussie, sending you lots of warm fuzzy vibes...Hang in there.

Stacey, looks like you are the last one standing.

Time for hot chocolate and bed...
Old 04-03-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I hope you were able to sleep, Max!

Congrats on your first month of a lifetime of sobriety, Bevin! I'm so happy for you!!!! I can't wait to join you! HaPpY dAnCiNg FoR yOu! (and tell me more about this "zither" thing?)

Aussie, upcoming blood test were what held my resolve for a while, too. (a bit of the perfectionist mentality coming out in me) I actually asked my doctor if we could just schedule quarterly blood tests for the rest of my life ... she was cool with it, but said the insurance company probably wouldn't be.

Stacy, you are the party girl! Bring it on! And is this you in your picture? That red hair is awesome!

TOI, your dogs are gorgeous! Do they do party tricks? Hee hee!

Rachel, love the new picture! You are so pretty!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bevin View Post
And to anyone who was incredulous at my habit of doing housework while drunk, let me just tell you that I did said housework very slowwwwly. Do half the dishes - have a drink. Do the other half - have a drink. Maybe just half a drink before I think about taking out the garbage. Oops - forgot to sort the recycling. Might as well finish this drink while I'm doing it. Whew - I'm exhausted. I need a drink!
Lol, that describes me to a T. I could make a whole weekend project outa cleaning out one closet! Congrats on a month, bevin!! Appreciate your posts.

Looks like quite the party in here last night. Those things go down after my bedtime, but it's uplifting in the morning to read and notice how the fun,frivolity and downright silliness is balanced with serious recovery support. To all the party animals ------>

Wonderin' how it went last night, aussieblue.

As for me, I'm starting week 2 today and feelin' pretty solid. The peacefulness I'm feeling in the mornings is sooooo much better than spending the first part of the day trying to figure out if I did anything to embarrass myself and/or hurt others the night before. I like that.

Originally Posted by Germanos View Post
Cool this sober thing is getting better
Right on, Germanos. Glad it is for you. Is for me, too.

Hope every has a Super Sober Sunday! (oh, lord, did I really just say "Super Sober Sunday"?? Someone please tell me that cheesiness is just a temporary side effect of sobriety
Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Bevin, I'd just begun (in the past couple years) having some escalations in anxiety (I even had 2 anxiety attacks this fall ... my first ever and hopefully last). I talked to the therapist about it Friday morning, and she said that much of that could be both alcohol-induced and withdrawl-induced. I must say, in the past week or so I've not experienced any even slightly uncomfortable anxiety. Maybe yours will subside, too?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:11 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
On my way....

Yes, Bevin, it was me. That "hungry" or "wanting" feeling has faded some for me, but when it comes on, it comes on strong! And, thank you for sharing that next bit, I know exactly what you mean, except now I'm kinda having the opposite problem, and when you quit smoking it makes it even worse. Let's just say my tummy hurts! lol From experience, that should sort itself out in the next week or two, I hope!

Thank you for posting all those positives, it helps to know that improvements are so evident in such a short time! You are doing great, and I love that we get to help you celebrate the milestones and have you report back on how it feels, it gives us something to look forward to! Rock on!

TotallyOverIt, if you don't mind, I'd love some chocolate truffles....I'll tell Yoli not to worry about stopping off at Wolfgang Puck's, we have our very own gourmet chef right on the bus!

PBC, thank you. So what's on the agenda today for your vacation? Swimming, reading by the ocean, etc? I absolutely love the beach, that was where I wanted to move back when I was trying to get DH to get outta the mountains. I hope you're pampering yourself, you're doing such a great job. Plus, you're like a self-help expert, I love reading your posts on improving yourself and maintaining a great attitude. Very positive posts, love it!!

Stacy, had a great time last night, thanks for hosting the party again, can't wait until tonight! Yeah, is that you in the profile pic? Very pretty!!

Nancy, lol, you'll have to stay up one night and party down with us....guaranteed hangover-free, blackout-free (can't guarantee you won't be a bit tired tho' hehe), you'd love it!!! I hear you on the peacefulness, it is grand isn't it? I love your happy cheesiness, you have a super, sober Sunday too!!!

Feeling great today, the sun is shining in my bedroom window, the first bit we've had in days. I forget how much of a difference that makes for me, it's supposed to be warm today so I'm hoping to get out with Riley and do some walking. Not for a bit though since it seems to take its time warming up!

Lookinforward.....thinking about you and missing your posts......hope you're doing good!!

p.s. Stacy, I forgot that this is your first day smoke-free, I just wanted to say I'm rooting for you. Are you using anything? I use the nicotine patches and wellbutrin, which is the same thing as Zyban, just under a different name. Let us know how it's going with that!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:38 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good morning my Mighty Marchers! Wishing you all a happy sober Sunday!

Rachel

Becoming, thanks for the kind words, you always know how to pick me up! I hope your stress level has went down some, that can be a trigger for me, so have some hot chocolate or one of these milkshakes I brought and unwind. If you're ever over my way we will have to go hiking together, it is my PASSION, I love it and I live in the perfect place to do it!!! We had snow/sleet/sun today, I don't think the weather knew what it wanted to do. How was your weather?

So glad my posts make you feel better = ) Yours always brighten my day! My stress level is actually better today, thanks. I forced myself to get a lot of my work done yesterday which decreased my anxiety today. I would love to go hiking in you neck of the woods and same here if you ever get up to NY! I am in DC a few times a year bc my wife and I have a close friend who lives there. Speaking of hiking, I posted a pic on my page of me hiking around a state park in San Diego when I lived there. Very different terrain from what we are used to on the East Coast! Yesterday and today today have been sunny but cold, boo! Talk to you soon!

PCB - Great to hear from you! So jealous that you are at the beach, good for you! And good for you for enjoying sober = )