Class of December 2010 pt 5

Old 04-12-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry to anyone having a bad day

D
Old 04-12-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Dee, I need to address your muppet avatar for a minute. It is physically impossible for anyone who grew up watching Sesame Street to not feel happy even on a subconscious level, by seeing a muppet. I preferred Ernie to Bert like everyone else and I am happy to see his smiling face. (But I have awful news...horror of all horrors: listen to this recent conversation that took place with me and my son

Son: Mom, guess what. The Cookie Monster isn't the Cookie Monster anymore.
Me: Um, what?!
Son: Yeah. He's like, the Vegetable monster or something.
Me (slight panic in voice) wait, what? What are you telling me? WHAT?
Son: Sorry. But you need to know. I think it's because kids in America are all, like, really fat and obese and stuff. So they might be suing or something. I don't know. But he's all into vegetables now.
Me: Is this a joke?
Son: I wish it were, Mom.
SILENCE.

Anyway, on another note, I am really sorry about the man cold Better..(I mean, PLB...) Lots of water and doctor prescribed nasal spray helped me.

R+A I know those bunnies were creepy, glad you liked em!! And hey, I thought Lady Gaga was a transvestite for the longest time. Only recently decided otherwise. I think?!

Nota, sorry about your kiddo but hope you still get to have a nice vacation?!? Getting away should be nice!

OK everyone, here are five words that mean the next ten minutes for me: Trader Joe's Oatmeal Cranberry Dunkers.

MMkay? Slurp...ciao for now...! Stay strong everyone!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:43 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notaloser View Post
lol! yes, Bejeweled Blitz is a Facebook game, and is rather addicting
OMG I cannot stop playing that stupid game! My sister and I compete to be at the top of the leader board. For NOW, I'm ahead.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Soph, you are hilarious! Thanks for the evening smile.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Anytime MJ. Now that I am sober, my natural self is bubbling through and it spills over sometimes here. Kind of raw. Highs are highs, lows are lows. Even keel would be nice for a stretch! Anyway - happy to be sober.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I think we have different tastes in video games, unless you guys are using jewels to kill things. (Preferably zombies, just to avoid any moral ambiguities, since they're already dead. I actually have a game on my iPhone with Nazi zombies. You definitely don't want to cut those guys any slack.)

Nota, I hope the kiddo bounces right back. Make sure you look after yourself too. I hear good things about that Airborne stuff...
Old 04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Check out this bunny—it's even worse than the others!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

That bunny is terrifying! Goodnight, goofballs.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I agree those bunnie icons are a little creepy!
I love the pic of Guido, I may need to borrow him sometime!
Better- I hope that man cold goes away quickly and doesn't get too gnarly!
Soph OMG those dunkers things are addicting! A client brought some in for us a few months ago and we all loved em.

I am absolutely spent. Mentally my brain is fried from all the class assignments this week and I tweaked my back a little lifting a huge 110lb dog after it had passed away today. I def didn't lift with my legs. On the plus side I was so busy today that I didn't find myself thinking about drinking at all until I was driving from work to class and realized that I hadn't thought about it. Being busy seems to be helping but at the same time I just want to relax and do nothing. Another day sober completed and looking forward to waking up hang over free tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good morning, hope all is ok with everyone. BF sorry about your back. Vet techs need to be pretty strong physically and emotionally I guess!

Have a great sober day all. If this were a bunny jumping it would be better but the motive is the same, just a little fun to start off our day.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Can you imagine the person whose job i is to think up those little cartoons? ("I know, Phil! How 'bout a smiley face jumping over a sprinkler? By the way, nice job on the bunny eating that brown thing--cake, right?")

I am reading about Step 11, actually getting excited about finding ways to bring spirituality into my life.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Yes MJ that thought has crossed my mind too (uh oh.)

Weird thing is, R+A's bunny isn't even really a bunny? It's like a smiley, in a bunny costume? so someone went to the trouble of creating even that much detail. And if you look carefully, it eats a chocolate bunny, after rejecting the carrot first. (Vegetable Monster would be disappointed. Lol.)

Back to work. Step 11!! You go!!

ps Cookie monster being replaced by Veggie monster is overblown...I checked it out on Snopes. We can relax.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

A fake bunny eating another fake bunny—I'm afraid to ponder the symbolism!

Soph, I looked that up on Snopes too, lol. Did you see the Matt Lauer interview, where the Cookie Monster explains he just eats fruit in addition to cookies now—and blames the media for blowing the story out of proportion? I thought that was really funny...
Old 04-13-2011, 10:31 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

What's a man cold? And who is Guido?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Guido is the "mob" guy I made up to be the "enforcer of non-drinking practices" for our group here........he makes cement shoes for people thinking about "just one." LOL......just a joke.

A man cold is simply some sniffles........but given to a man, it gets all blown out of proportion and they claim they are dying. Right R&A???
Old 04-13-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Laugh all you want. Toward the end of that last cold, buzzards were circling my house.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:22 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Haha R&A I'm sure your man cold left you feeling like you were about to die!
VC Guido is also good when your boss needs a reminder to chill out haha

Today I am looking forward to relaxing when I get off of work. Being that I'm off at 6 the thought of drinking did cross my mind but only for a sec, I quickly reminded myself of how I felt last weekend after drinking Saturday and snapped out of it. I also realized that I hadn't hopped on line today yet and jumping on SR is something I need to do daily right now to continue not drinking.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I love coming here first thing in the morning, BF. It has become part of my routine. Keep up the good work by the way!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Whoops...I think I missed my daily morning post here. Hope you are all well...active as always.

And thanks for the kind words.

Have a great night all!
Old 04-13-2011, 08:02 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Now I have a cough and sniffles...something catching around here. Night, all!