Notices

Codependency and beyond - Part 17

Old 02-02-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh, ((Anna)) I'm sorry to hear that the hero is riding off into the sunset! I'm sending good vibes your way for an even better boss next!!!!!!

((Amy)) Give Tinker an extra cookie for being so brave! I'm concerned for all the folks in Australia, too. Espcially since we haven't seen some of our Aussie friends on-line much lately......

Hugs all! HG
Old 02-02-2011, 11:11 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

(((Anna))) - that just sucks. My store mgr told us, the other night, he was probably leaving in March and I don't "do" change, either. I get along, really well with him and hope he's teasing us.

(((HG))) - Tinker just LOVES being told "GOOD GIRL!!!" - you'd think she saved the world I know ((Dee)) is about 600 miles from the cyclone, but don't know about the rest, so am just wrapping them all up in prayers, along with the people who are snow/ice bound here.

Heading off to work.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I am fine. Had a few grumpy days last week but have averted it now. First thing I did was check to see what the official groundhog did today! LOL
Winter was starting to feel like too many groundhog days in a row. I had to look up all the great things going on this area and remind myself of all it has to offer and so many things to see and do.
I ordered a bunch of garden catalogues..better than any Christmas wishbooks for me.
and have spent time today building my online recipe boxes.
I have received a couple of brief emails from my daughter in response to items of interest I sent her and inquiries.
Talked to an old friend on the phone today who will always have too much drugs, drink and drama around..but I don't talk to him often so it doesn't impact me anymore. I still like him, I just had to realize he would never change his lifestyle. and he will never see it though my perspective.
Reading a true story of a man who took to climbing mountains in Colorado in his mid 40's..he writes with a sense of humor and I am enjoying that.
So, it has just been a very quiet day.
The blizzard started to hit my parent's yesterday..they are supposed to get to -1 today, it isn't bad here at all. cooler but nothing to complain about at all.
We had planned to go do our grocery shopping tonight but I am getting sleepy..I think it will have to wait.

(((((((hugs around))))))))))
Old 02-02-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

(((Live))) - glad you're past the "grumps". Neat idea about doing the online recipe box.

I just got home and am going to try to get to sleep at a decent hour, as I need to do stores tomorrow. However, I have my book out and will get some studying done, as test is due Sat. and tomorrow is my only day off.

I got fussed at at work, by the store owner and mgr, but blew it off. I'm one person, and I can only do so much. Store mgr was talking to a customer about a phone, when I finally said "hey...we're getting backed up!"

He did tell me, when I went home that he wasn't going to count my drawer until later. He said "i trust you, but I'm very particular of who I trust", so that made me feel good.

Hope everyone is doing okay, and will be glad to find out what Kaleigh's dr. says.

Love hungs, and payers,

Amy
Old 02-03-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Good Morning Guys

well it looks like it is SW Louisiana's turn for the icy,snow & sleet weather - I'm at work right now but the nasty weather is due to hit us sometime this afternoon - The crews at work are prepared - (they have been getting ready all week) to treat the bridges & overpasses (we have LOTS & LOTS of those in our area - ya know cause we are practically below sea level - lol)

Hoping they send the non-essential staff home pretty soon - it will be very nasty to drive home - some of the parishes have already closed schools for today & tomorrow -

The bad part is for us that we very seldom get this type of weather & NO ONE is equiped to drive or handle it - lol !! HEAT waves we got that - temps below 30 degrees - we freak OUT!!!!!!!!

And our property, homes, roads, practically NOTHING is designed for it - so it might be a little tricky for us!!!! The Ice Storm of 97 practically shut our area down for 2 wks!! Everyone was without power for weeks!! We are definitely hoping to NOT have a repeat of that!!!

Good Lord help us if we ever get the stuff that most of the country is getting -

I guess it is just what your area is prepared for & if you don't have it but once every 20 yrs or so - you just don't stay prepared for it!!

Praying that all our friends that have been affected by this nasty weather lately are safe!!

Kaileigh's at the dr now - hoping to hear it went soon - as soon as I do I'll give yall an update - saw her last nite - she's such a trooper!! She said "ReeRee I'm trying to just use my hand & not my shoulder, it doesn't hurt too bad" as she was munching away on Chicken & Dumplins PawPaw had cooked for her (that's one of her fav meals - imagine why PawPaw cooked that - lol - he spoils them as bad as I do)

Take care my precious friends!! Know that this freezing PINK Lady loves yall dearly & as I'm praying for warmer weather, I'm also praying for your safety, sanity & God's very very best for each of you!!!

PINK HUGS!
Rita
Old 02-03-2011, 10:42 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Kaileigh's dr appt went well - they gave her a better sling - another check up in 3 wks!

thanks for the prayers!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

(((Rita))) so glad Kaleigh's visit went well, and it IS apparently healing, she just needed a better sling. She really is a little trooper.

Praying you don't get stuck without power. I know WE aren't very equipped to handle that stuff, either...but then how DO you drive on ice? We had semi's jack-knifed all over Atlanta, and if THEY can't stay on the road, with all that weight, I certainly wasn't going to risk it.

We're just getting rain, and it's about 34 degrees, but not supposed to drop below freezing...hope the weatherman is right.

I didn't do stores, as I realized today is the only day I can study and take the test, as I have to work the next 2 nights and it's due by Sat. night. At least THIS one is something I'm very familiar with.

Hope everyone is safe and warm.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-03-2011, 02:24 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

It isn't too bad here today, warmed up this afternoon and supposed to be sunny and 50 by Sunday.

I am annoyed with honey. It feels like to me that his primary relationship is with money. I understand being sensible and frugal and all that but not secondary. You all will laugh but I might as well spill it.
He went out to run some errands and I asked him to pick me up a filet of fish at McD's. I only eat out about every 6 weeks and the sandwiches count. I have had a long standing of those fish sandwiches as being a comfort food to me.
He brought me home a double cheeseburger. Okay, I don't eat cheese or ketchup when/if I do order a burger.

So, I sat here and wondered about him not paying attention or really knowing me. and I got it in my head that I could phone at least 4 people and ask them what they would get me if they were at McD's and picking me up something to eat. Right about then I got an email from my sis...so I didn't tell her any of the story but just asked her to answer that question (and what she wouldn't get me)

She dashed back quickly that she would get me a fish sandwich. and wouldn't get me a BigMac LOL (she is also right about the BigMac)

dh (dear honey)...went to McD because I asked but I know that he got me the cheapest/best deal burger because of the price and I do like to get the hamburgers occasionally but I special order them as I mentioned before. always. He didn't listen and he went by the dollar ..which I think may be penny wise but pound foolish.

I ignore things like this all the time...because he is great in so many ways, but these type of things do bother me when they happen. My birthday is 4 days away and I would bet that he doesn't know that...he will find that out when the family calendar is automatically emailed out on Sunday.

I have all ready received birthday wishes from an ex who is now a friend. And that is why my sis wanted my address again in the email.

One of my best friends is dh's aunt. I discussed this with her a couple of months ago and she said, oh, no! That is the very relationship his parent's have. Everything is about money, is measured by money and money rules everything. His father is terribly grumbly about it and his mother is just very weird about it. Never met anyone like them.

Well, I don't like it. I am worth the extra 2 bucks for a fish sandwich if that is what I want!

I decided to bring it out in the open and tell dh what I thought and felt. and I did. He did not reply one single word.

I have been looking at jobs and wondering if I could handle going back into the workforce. I would really like to. I also am continuing to pursue the disability I was advised to apply for.

I don't think it is even the money part that bugs me..it is the "knowing me and what I like" part. I don't drink beer but I could go in and order his brand for him, my sis's for her, one for my SIL, one for daughter's dad,x-bf, danny and etc. The only one I don't know is daughter! and that is because she changes things up frequently.

But for dh it IS all about the money.

this stinks.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hey everyone!!!!

(((Rita))) I'm glad to hear that little Kaileigh is bearing it all so well!!! Children are so remarkable......!

Good luck on that test, Amy. 'Course I know you'll do just fine. You somewhat like my Stepdaughter (going to dental hygiene) who thinks anything below an A- is a catastrophe, worries herself to death, and of course, gets the highest score all the time. Rest up, study up, take good care!!!! It's sort of rain/sleet/snowing here but just a few drops or flakes every once in a while....

(((live))) I'm so sorry about the whole McD's issue. If I had asked my hubby for something specific and he came back with something entirely different, I'd be peeved, too. Did you talk to him about it? Please try not to internalize but talk to him!!! I struggle with that part all the time.....get ticked off and just assume that the other person should know exactly why I'm upset!

Still dealing with sinus and ear issues....the cold weather is not helping with the earache....I think I need to go home, take more medicine, and cover my face with a heating pad!!!!

Hugs to all! HG
Old 02-03-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

(((HG))) - I can't stand ear aches. I had them, frequently, when I was growing up and remember mom had one of those red rubber hot water bottles and would put it on her chest, and I'd sleep with my bad ear resting on it. I hope you feel better soon!

(((Live))) - as soon as you said what he brought you, I thought "the McDouble because it's a dollar". I'd be irritated, to say the least. The fish sandwich is a "treat" to me (it's too expensive to get as my employee meal), but when I want it, darnit, I want it. Same thing with Arby's...they're not cheap, so I don't go there often.

I hope you're able to work through this with him. Money is a "touchy" subject, around this house, too, unfortunately.

Dad is all stressed out because he hasn't gotten any calls for trips. I reminded him that half the country is at a standstill, so it would make sense that things would slow down in the expediting business until people could actually drive/fly! He's still worried.

I made a 90 on the test. One question, I totally don't agree with the way it was worded and the other one I missed, I just read it wrong. I still have a 95.71% average, so it's okay There's a graph, on the website, that shows my average compared to the class average, and the class average is in the 80's, so I'm doing just fine

It's still yukky and rainy here. All the cats are hibernating and the dog is under stepmom's electric throw. Stepmom is feeling some better, which is good, because I thought she was going to drive me nuts, the past 2 days. I GET being sick is bad, but to not listen to anything I recommend and come crying to me about it 3-4 times an hour, was pretty irritating.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-03-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Excellent news, Rita, I'm so glad she is doing well! And, I'm crossing my fingers for you that the weather improves.

HG, I hope the sinus/ear issue clears up. I have sinus problems too and it's no fun.

Live, I understand how your feelings are hurt. Sometimes spending the extra dollar or two is worth so much. I'm glad that you talked about it, and maybe he will begin to understand why this bothers you.

Amy, way to go on your test!
Old 02-03-2011, 11:21 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Live, I don't respond well to being ignored by my husband, no matter what his reasoning is. It's my #1 issue with him. I don't ask for much, never have, so I've started demanding more from him and he's surprisingly responding. It takes what it takes *sigh*

HG, you asked if it gets easier with practice and yes it does, but it wears me out some days. I told my therapist yesterday that I'm figuring out the answers for myself these days, I didn't have anything I needed to work on with him right now. But holy cow, sometimes it takes me HOURS to work it all out in my head. I've got this huge checklist I run through and if I hesitate with any part of it, I stop and reassess.

I've been going through that checklist over the last 24 hours because of all sorts of situations around me. It's the reason I've not had much to say, my brain is so fried.

Oh, I told my therapist about the gambling and he said I need to buy a lottery ticket with the luck I've got going right now. I asked him a personal question, something I rarely do 'cause it's all about me you know LOL. Anyway, I said I've been planning how to spend a mega lottery for years now, and what's the one thing he'd want? He told me about a piece of property in a beautiful area east of here, so now he's on the list, too.

I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well, relatively speaking, especially Kaileigh!

OK, I'm off to bed too
Old 02-04-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Friday, February 4, 2011 You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go
Enjoying Recovery

What a journey!

This process of growth and change takes us along an ever-changing road. Sometimes the way is hard and craggy. Sometimes we climb mountains. Sometimes we slide down the other side on a toboggan.

Sometimes we rest.

Sometimes we grope through the darkness. Sometimes we're blinded by sunlight.

At times many may walk with us on the road; sometimes we feel nearly alone.

Ever changing, always interesting, always leading someplace better, someplace good.

What a journey!

Today, God, help me relax and enjoy the scenery. Help me know I'm right where I need to be on my journey.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((live))) I'm wishing for a slightly smoother road right now, sigh. HP's time not mine, I know, I know.....

Thanks Chino! Self assessment is exhausting sometimes....I'm still working on it.

Earache has finally eased but left if a flurry of an enormous sinus headache last night. Now I just can't breathe out of one side of my nose (more information than was needed, right?)

Hugs to all.....more coffee!!!!!!!

HG
Old 02-04-2011, 12:32 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

(((Chino))) - I understand the "fried brain" stuff I'm lucky, for now, that there's no drama going on at home, so I can concentrate on school and work.

I canceled the demo I was going to do next Sunday. I have yet to start my stores, and I just have too much on my plate, at this time, to squeeze anything else in (except the dentist!). I looked over the next section we're studying (muscles) and it's worse than the bones

(((HG))) - I HATE sinus stuff...even a minor cold drives me crazy. I'll end up swapping from side to side to get whichever side of my nose is stopped up (when I'm laying down) to give me a minute to breathe before the other side gets stopped up...not very restful.

Dad came home and said he'd paid my storage shed. I thanked him, as though I have the $$ for the car payment, I had paid a credit card, have another one due, soon, and had bought more nicotine patches, as I'd gotten back up to a pack/day.

Went to check my banking account, and was pleasantly surprised to see my GA tax refund is IN THE BANK Wrote dad a check for the storage shed and won't have to ask him to buy the cat's food. I checked on my federal refund, and they say it's scheduled to be deposited in 4 days, so I will call my dentist, as soon as I get it.

We're still getting rain and are just above the freezing mark, so hope it will stay that way when I come home at 2 a.m.

oh **** - just realized it's TOMORROW I go in at 6, I'm 30 minutes late!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Okay, my brain really IS fried. I WAS supposed to go in at 6, but didn't figure that out until I called and said I was running late...sigh. They want me to come in early, as in "as soon as you can get here" and C said I could just work the 8 hours, night shift is covered, but I'll see WHO it's covered by before I leave the 3rd shift mgr **** over. They have a habit of doing that.

So, I'm off to work, but I'm early instead of being late? I think it's time to go back to sticky notes.....sigh.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-04-2011, 06:03 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((Amy)) Great news about the tax stuff! We haven't even filed ours yet. Maybe next weekend?

Live, I hope that today was a bit better in being heard by the dear honey and that you maybe got that fish sandwich you wanted after all?! I do love a good fish sandwich! Cheese, no tartar sauce!

Sinus headache decided to hang on for a bit longer....off to the heating pad! Hope everyone has a great and peaceful night!!!!

Hugs, HG
Old 02-04-2011, 09:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I do hope the sinuses feel better soon...my folks have had lingering problems with theirs.
Course, they won't see a dr about it either.

Amy, had to laugh...I hate it when I do that with appmts and etc. I feel so scattered!

Well, the dh certainly didn't mean to hurt my feelings,,,he didn't give it much thought at the time but after I made a big issue of it, somehow I don't think he will ever ignore my request for a filet of fish again.
He did offer to get me one today, but it was yesterday that I had my heart set on one.

He also told me that he knew where my knitting stuff was after I talked about having looked for it 3 times. So, he got that out for me and I was thrilled to re-find it. I last worked on it 3 (?) years ago...making the most adorable onesie for my new grandson and then didn't get it finished because the &*%$ flew apart with Danny and I was suddenly moving and getting divorced..much faster with the logistics than I was prepared for.

So, it took me forever to find a new (free online) pattern for a sweater using the only one size needles I seem to have left with the cotton yarn I all ready had. But I did finally find one and have started a new sweater for the little bubba. It feels good to be doing that.

and when I asked daughter about his size on email she asked me to call her...and she chatted to me for over an hour as if nothing had ever happened. I was so pleased about that.

Then I was sitting here working on the knitting and realized how much I have always devalued so many of the things I do know how to do and told dh "I think it is pretty cool that I can take what is basically string and two pointed sticks and turn it into something" and being very careful of my feelings today..he not only concurred but told me how fast I was at it too.

Sometimes it IS all about the little things? LOL

I am out of one of my meds today..so sleep is disrupted, will have to get it tomorrow..we went out to run errands and then the bank card was misplaced. Have since found it but didn't go back out again.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

When I told my daughter I wished she'd find the people to help her achieve what she wants, it turns out she already knew one of them. Her therapist, a drug addiction specialist, is also a professor at one of our local colleges. He has multiple degrees and teaches a BA Management and Human Resources class. I had no idea and neither did daughter until today.

She spent 3 hours with him today, being coached on how to present and sell herself. She was worn out but she learned a lot! He sent her home with cue cards and she's supposed to practice in the mirror.

Just the other day I said when the student's ready they'll find the teacher. I'm so glad she found him

My loved ones are taking care of themselves and I'm doing the same for me. This is a really good feeling.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

(((HG))) hope the sinus headache goes away soon.

(((Live))) - I used to knit, too, but counted cross-stitch is my love. People always think it would drive you crazy, looking at all those little squares, but it is calming to me. The only issue with it, now, is that the cats thing the string is play toy.

(((Chino))) - so glad to find out your daughter found the right person with exactly what she needs. How awesome is that?

I ended up working 10 hours, and when the basketball groupies came in, it went nuts. M (store mgr) was running shift, and I asked were D was..he'd sent her home. I asked why, he said "he wanted to work" and I said BS and he laughed. Apparently, they got into a HUGE argument before I got there, as Shelley said D was screaming at him. Guess I'll find out when I work with her again...if she comes back. Poor M had been at work since 3a.m., and didn't get to leave until around midnight.

Dad went on a trip, at some point, and apparently Elvis slipped out. Stepmom didn't bother to make sure he was in the house, and he was one cold, hungry cat when I got home. I am livid. He can't handle this cold weather. He came in and, with the other 2 cats, scarfed down treats and then ate a small grilled chicken breast I'd brought home from work. Mots wants to play, and was hiding behind the curtains, over my headboard, swatting at them. They don't get "mommy is tired and has to be back at work in 11 hours!"

I'm going to check up here, then hit the bed.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy