Notices

Six Months & Under Club Part 3

Old 02-11-2011, 11:05 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good day eveyone! Been a busy week here. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Here's to a great and sober weekend!

Take care all!

Coop
Old 02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Wow...I missed a couple days and now I return to a huge celebration!

Big CONGRATS goes out to Coop and Giraffe!! Welcome to the group!

Been on the move all week. Trying to get a few things done that I let slip through the cracks. Now, I'm looking forward to a peaceful weekend and some much needed rest.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:12 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats Giraffe!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:55 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Happy Friday evening 6 months and under club!

Just got home from dinner, gonna chill with the pugster and couch surf for a bit before bed. Hope every is sober and doing well.

Rap at you all more tomorrow!
Old 02-12-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Whew, i have quite the busy day. Getting ready to head off to hang with my Dad...also have a newbie bus bbq:, then a don't quit hoedown. It's all good though. Should sleep well tonight.

Catch you all later...

btw....no way!!!!

Carlos
Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Sweet Carlos, hope you have fun with your dad!

I've got a laundry list of things to do myself, like to the tune of 20 errands today! I may skip my Saturday morning meeting cuz I'll need the time (I have a dedicated Sat eve meeting I hit too, they both rock).

Time to start cleaning the house, this is my absolute favorite thing to do any day of the week, no year! Really it is....I feel so afterwards
Old 02-12-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm having a wonderful day all to myself. After being sick all week finally felt good enough to take my mom to the cafe for coffee. And the funny thing is, even waking up sick as hell all week, the first thing that pops into my head is "I'm glad it's not from drinking!"

Welcome to the newcomers to the thread.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're feeling better Least!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:41 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm cleaning too this weekend! What's going on with all these clean houses?

Spring is almost here, we've had some sunshine today, the snowdrops are in flower, and there's definately a cheerier morning chorus. The greatest thing is that i'm clear headed enough to notice.

I'm in a "no quiting" mood today too!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, I've been gone from SR for awhile and it's so good to come back and see familiar names (including many of my November 2010 classmates!). I'm still sober too. 3 1/2 months. Looking forward to getting caught up again!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:04 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Does anyone ever feel hung over from passive smoking?

I know it is less common now that the law has changed in the USA and UK about smoking in public places. Anyway I went to dinner at a neighbours house last night and was sitting next to the host who must have smoked 20 cigarettes during the evening. My clothes just reek of it. ugh!! Well, I have woken up this morning with a headache not dissimilar to all those hangovers years ago. I seem to be quite badly affected in this way from passive smoking. I am wondering how much of those hangovers used to be from smoke toxins and how much was the booze?

Looking forward to a lazy sunday afternoon today. I never seem to make enough quiet time, always rushing around busying myself. Since I have pretty much always been self employed, there doesn't seem to be such a thing as a weekend - it is just an opportunity to catch up on work before the following week. So maybe I will try my first meditation attempt today...should be interesting!

I hope everyone is having a relaxing and sober weekend.
NAT
Old 02-13-2011, 05:48 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good Morning >90-<6mo Gang,

How is everyone doing this fine morning? I am making coffee, which I do as a treat every Sunday morning while visiting my Dad. Have been on this self imposed exile from coffee at home during the week with tea. So far I have purchased like 7 different tea boxes, yet to find the right one...or combo that nudges me a bit...forget knocking my socks off. Anyway, coffee, strong coffee at that is in my near future. I need it this morning as my Dad was up and down many times last night. Breakfast will be oatmeal with raisins and bananas.

Breakfast this morning does have me a bit melancholy as it is my exw's birthday, and I would have been treating her to breakfast in bed of Brugger's coffee,a toasted everything bagel with chive cream cheese and lox, strawberries, and the cool crisp feeling of the Sunday Pittsburgh Post Gazette with discount circulars to her little heart's desire. Yea, that ship has sailed, but I still catch a glimpse of it from time to time.

Did my eyes deceive me, or has Lazarus...opps I mean WTS reappeared...still on the sober train and sounding great? WooHoo for you WTS, welcome back!

IALF and Swan, so how was the spring cleaning? I shall tackle that task soon, but I can only do it with some serious rock or mean azz blues...playing loudly, with the need for more than a few air guitar riffs from yours truly.

NAT, good luck with your meditation....meditate those smoke toxins out of your body...me thinks you need a good jog to sweat them out as well (that's personal not medical advise Dee)!?

Least, stay on the mend....if I knew your address I would send you some of the chicken soup that my Aunt and I plan to make today for another Aunt, her sister that is not feeling all that perky. It is a family Spanish recipe, and saffron is the secret ingredient. To plagerise "Mellow Yellow"... I'm just mad about saffron....

Ahhhh, that first sip of strong, hot coffee after a week of abstinence ...whew,,,sorry Chloe, just can't find the right tea or tea combo to compare yet.....HELP!!! Do hope you are enjoying a drama free weekend of full-relax as you planned.

Giraffe, hope AA is still going well...and Coop, I hope you get a few minutes to watch the snow melt.

ttyl....Carlos

btw IALF, there is a really cool "Don't Quit" thread....ck it out if you get a chance!

Ohhh, not drinkin today!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:04 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thanks for your post, Carlos, you sound like you're on fire today, you certainly don't sound in need of caffeine!,
I'm checking out the don't quit thread,

Hope everyone's having as groovy a day as Carlos,
Old 02-13-2011, 12:53 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks for the posts everyone, good luck with the meditation NAT.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1297688176

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1297688214

Last edited by IWLSAST; 08-09-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hello All,

It appears that this thread has slowed down quite a bit of late. I hope that all is well with everyone!

Today I put some final tweaks together on my consulting project proposal that will be headed for Bd of Dir approval on Monday. We have verbal assurances that it will fly through this final approval step from the CEO with ease. Regardless, my fingers are crossed. If approved, we begin work the following week. Phase one is nearly 200 hours in the first three months,

The secondary bonus to this particular project is that it is in a city where my youngest daughter is a jr in college,,,and spending quality down time with Ali takes my desire to do this over the top. In fact I plan to hire her to do parts of the market research.

Sooo, if you think of it, please sent any positive SR vibes my way...for some reason i really believe that it will help!

Carlos
Old 02-15-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope that pans out for you Carlos

D
Old 02-15-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Good luck Carlos!

Had to take 2 drug tests in the last week and passed them both!!! Feels good to pass these damn things for once and not be nervous about taking them.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Carlos, have you tried tea from Teavana? I got a gift set for Christmas and it's excellent. They have all different kinds at teavana.com. And I laughed at the Lazarus reference. Missed you too, and it's great to see that you're still sober too! I think you did the right thing by treating yourself to a good cup of coffee on the day of your visit to your dad. I'm trying to cut down on caffeine too (hence the tea replacing my afternoon coffee).

And good luck with the new project! It sounds like it'll be really positive for you. As a junior in college myself, I'm jealous of your daughter's opportunity to get some impressive work experience! The internship search is stressful!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I hope it works out for you Carlos. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Akasha that's really great to hear. Doesn't it feel so much better to be living and behaving out of a place of sincerity and calm than fear and deceit? I know for me it does, reading your post it seems like you are feeling the same way.

Yes, I'm guilty of not posting in this thread often enough. I'll try to start contributing more too!

I hope everyone is safe, sane and sober tonight!