Notices

Six Months & Under Club Part 3

Old 05-20-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Well i have ordered a copy of the AA's BB!wow
Old 05-20-2011, 11:56 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Last night, after posting on SR I started wondering about "appreciation for the natural world" as a possible new thread.

It could be used for people to share their own observations and thoughts, and might spark an interest for those who perhaps hadn't considered nature as an interest or hobby.

It could be any sort of observation, such as watching a spider weave a web in the corner of the lounge, a walk in the park, or watching an eagle over the mountains. Pretty much anything that sparks an interest in the wonder of the world.

I wondered about calling the thread "The Wildside".

It's just a thought,

Dee, i'd welcome your opinion,

Have a great day everyone.

PS tommorrow is Rosco's graduation so get your dancing shoes on!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:54 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Personally I think thats a great idea IALF

D
Old 05-21-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Rosco i do hope you pop back and say hello atleast once after you graduate.

I was interested IALF in your ideas 2 so there
Old 05-21-2011, 10:03 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

Great idea IamLivingFree - by having a "Nature" thread, it would bring focus and attention to an important and essential part of life. I have found that I could turn to nature to help overcome the stresses and effects of not drinking. Cool breezes, watching the waves, walking among trees - wow!

Well, today is my 6 month anniversary and whilst I'm playing down anniversaries I guess to me it means "a long time"! So, here is a thanks to the following people who have helped me!

IamLivingFree, NoAlcoholToday, Coop1, Swansong, Chloe03, Zuri, WatchtheSky, Akasha, BetterLife4Me, Shegirl, Carlos, Giraffe, Kevin and I know I've forgotten others (sorry!).

Dee, it should be "Sir Dee" - thanks for the ongoing support as well. Along with Least, Anna et al, it's been great to be here!

To me, it's a journey that us, as a bunch, have taken together. Whether we slip up along the way, is irrelevant - what is important is to continue reading, learning and contributing. Because by doing so, we help get our act together and help others get their act together as well.

Well, thankyou again to everyone. I will make sure that I don't fall into the trap of "well, I done it now, I can celebrate..." I've managed to regroove my life and I'm sticking with this groove.

I remember posting photos of the lamp post! It was important earlier on to capture nature. It defined what was important and what wasn't. Being happy is important and chasing pleasure isn't. Fortunately or unfortunately, pleasure is short lived, but being in the present is "always". Why would I now chase pleasure when I know it's shortlived and I'll eventually be disappointed? That's a roller coaster ride right there and I've had my share of roller coaster rides! I believe myself to be a much more constant almost "boring" person now. No more dancing on the tables for Rosco!

I truly hope everyone is having success in their own journeys and I hope we stick together to continue living the life we want. No going back to the old ways - too hard, it's not living and it's not fair on anyone.

Well, enough rambling from me!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:10 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Rosco,

CONGRATULATIONS!

wow, 6 months is so fabulous. Well done.

And thank you so very much for you inspiration along the way! (and a special thank you for the curry recipe!)

I've booked the band for your celebratory graduation,
Much love,

Old 05-22-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Rosco you have been a great example that has inspired me a bit.

Perhaps should you so wish you will be at 7 months sooner than you know. Good luck with any 'timezone wobblies' you may get from reaching such a landmark [i noticed them at 4 months myself] thanks for the grats also. Incidentally i counted the 'half month' myself at four and a half months coz waiting for a whole month was ages [as you can see from my sig]

So im up. I have more energy today i think than yesterday which is good and even then i had more energy saturday than friday so im on an upswing. Still scratching my head Oh well i have my whole day ahead of me!

I like nature also ialf. Perhaps it is time i hopped into the shower. Good morning vietnam
Old 05-22-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Well 'someone' has not been on this thread for 48hrs, heheh who can i mean. So I just got up now. Birds tweeting outside but its pretty early [before 6 am WOW].

Some people in the chatroom but ill not go in I dont think.

I do wonder if my neighbours leave soon, I got told 25th May so are they supposed to leave on that date or before. I dont know. I dont 'get' eviction notices.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Well someone i had considered a friend sort of kicked off on me [not D bru ], or at least threw so much [in my opinion] unwarranted blame and emotional things at me about 5/6 days ago that i have not been in contact with them since.

Decided to make an effort today to at least communicate.

Thanks D for your support. I actually went 'looking for you' [believe it or not] to see if you were posting elsewhere. Thought perhaps you had left or wasn't well or something. Dont worry i wont stalk you or anything its not like that at all but i was pretty blue and as you know you are a person i depend on [so i have just discovered].

I think taking a 24hr break from this forum will do me good but not today i need it.

Those f--kin neighbours been hurting me again brother and also some family crap and that with this girl i just posted above. When i saw you posting elsewhere i was ok mate but that you may be away for a while helped me freak out.

I suspect thats not healthy mate so i will try to sort my dependency out D.

Sorry brother and thanks 4 ur elp. I was a bit concerned though like u wasnt well or had left the board or something. Plus i must have come to depend on you. Im onto that D ill sort it out bro.

How are yas anyhow
Old 05-23-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes I need breaks too K. lol

I don't post in every thread everyday anymore - I too have more to learn...and I'm learning now my life needs to be more about balance

The good thing is there's always people around here to help when I'm not online, mate
The place is bigger than the both of us...

D
Old 05-23-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Well i totally understand if you need to take a break ) please do i will and did manage. Alot of me feeling so bad was over some matters i posted about this morning on the codependency thread.

So i did a little bit of DIY today. Still pretty timid over next door but i managed 'courageous vulnerability'. There again my drill reminded me of my father oh dear-am under the cosh. In any event i managed to get the job done. I have even tided up afterwards. Its not done well though oh dear.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

I'm posting tonight because tomorrow I've got to get up early and go for a bike ride - hmm, the temperature will be around 15 degrees C so a little chilly! Then breakfast at a great cafe (the coffee is great as well!) with friends then lots to do straight afterwards.

We celebrated a birthday today (son's) and this evening, there was white wine on the table (grandparents came over with wine and whisky). For a nano second, I looked at the wine in the chilled glass and did the quick "celebration = wine" but then by the next second, I realised that it was an old habit, a mind game, trigger "thing". It didn't bother a moment longer. Phew! That's good. For me, I just don't want to go there because I don't want to fall off a cliff (it would be bad for my health...).

I'm really brainwashing myself by saying the most important part of the day is getting out of bed. I've been struggling - I come good only to go through a patch where I'll lie in bed and think of reasons why I can stay there. It's working - I set the alarm and with a bit of discipline, have been getting up and by doing so, do my exercise. If I can continue then I'll have booze and exercise sorted, then more time can be spent on food, spirituality and friend/father/husband/relative goals.

I bought a little black book called "Stuff Every Husband Should Know". Interesting to read and think about. I disagree with one of the points and that is, when the kids are born, they are more important than your wife. Hmm. I don't think so.

Rambling on again! Have a great day everyone.

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Well im up. Getting up also is a problem for me sometimes. For me it is good sometimes to stay in bed since this can be a productive thinking time, but for sure i don't have commitments really aside from me a lot of the time.

I had set myself a target to get up at 8am on Friday. Oopsie. That target came and left. Fact is i didnt even hear my alarm! No, i can relate to what you are saying youarenumberone and your making sense to me but for me the whole sleep thing is not a major priority.

So I continue to plod on. I have more DVD's now as im no longer spending money of bottles of rum etc. Im just stopping now as i type this message 'feeling my feelings' its something the author of my codie book talks about.

I have allsorts of odd beliefs i think. Then again maybe they are normal. Just sat down now intending to watch the movie blood diamond. I bought it legitimately a long time ago but each time i start watching it I get distracted by the pre-movie adverts and such.

I think im going to look at my mail see if the AA BB has arrived.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:10 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Just taken myself out for a walk.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Well I got to reading alkies anonymous the book last night.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Well i had hoped to go see my doctor today - eep. So my alarm went off but the thought occurred [1] I felt really tired and [2] I was not sure i even had the doctors number.

Looks like J has left next door. A is here purportedly fixing the electricity but is actually upstairs with N.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:49 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Sobriety date April 19th 2011

Hi all , Moving from less than 2 weeks to less than 6 month thread.

Day 38 here.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Welcome, Enoy, and well done on your 2 weeks mark!

I've been working too much over the past week, but now I have a few days off and can catch up with all the good things in life: the garden, friends, family, homemade soup, reading, and of course SR.

I'm definately a morning person. I'm really cross with myself if i've not accomplished most of my tasks by lunch-time because I know that my energy starts to wain and things seem to take that little bit longer. It's a bit like having my own personal Summer Solstice, every day at noon!

Anyway, have a great day everyone,
Old 05-27-2011, 02:51 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys

We continue here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html
D