Old 04-02-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear you're getting help Akasha

D
Old 04-02-2011, 02:03 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Good job, Akasha on not relasping And I too, am glad that you're getting the help you need and still be able to work -- sometimes work can be a nice diversion.

Doing good here. Still dealing with anger issues -- not as bad as before, but irritating (to me anyway). Getting through some stuff, but it's going s-l-o-w... not my usual let's-hurry-up-and-get-things-done pace.

Anyway, going to relax and eat some pizza, watch a movie the rest of the day.
Have a good one everyone.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:22 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Yes, sometimes work can be a diversion. It was today. I just went into my own little world at work today and played in icing for 8 hrs. I'm a deli/bakery manager and today I played cake decorator. Soon headed to bed. I have been up for 38 hrs now.

The IOP is 4 months long. They have both day and evening times and since my hrs vary so much at work they will allow me to do both. Will also still be seeing my own therapists.

Have a great evening.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Icing is great Akasha, just stay away from the hard stuff. We are all pulling for you here so none of that funny relapse business, OK? We have some friends in the business and the hours can be insane. It is never ending for them.

I'm a let's-hurry-up-and-get-things-done type of person too R. I always say I am spinning at 78 in a 33 world. But sometimes it is nice to slow it down a bit and smell the roses.

Getting settled here a bit. Back to a more manageable work flow and getting back into my fitness routine. Once I get to my office, I sit on my rear end all day (and many nights) so I have to get up early and burn some calories before I can get myself into a groove. I worked all day today, but it was easier to do so than having to come up with excuses on Monday morning as to why a couple of jobs were not done.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Yep, icing can be great. I still say the Justin Bieber cake I did yesterday is going to give me nightmares. Yes hours can be insane. Friday I did nine hrs at my store and 2.5 hrs at another because their manager was sick so I had to go write a few orders for them.

Doing my best not to relapse. I will have to submit to drug test while in IOP program.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:24 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Better watch it Tom, you're datin yourself with that whole 78 vs. 33 thing I do have some 45's left still....

Akasha - good job haning in there.

I'm pretty tired at the moment... time for bed.
Nite all.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:57 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on the 78 vs 33 reference in this world of mp3s. I do remember very well my (very small) collection of 45's. They are now making record players with a USB connections for those who still have boxes of record players stashed away in their garages.

Swan, Isa, Moo Moos. Whats going on with you guys?
Old 04-04-2011, 12:45 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hey all, not much here.

Akasha I'm happy to hear you didn't relapse, and I'm glad you're getting help. Jealous of the icing, though- I'll eat icing straight if I can!

I've just been focusing on my program, work, etc. - I have a lot of AA stuff I do (Mon, Thu, Fri, Sat night meetings, Sat I have a coffee commitment and the meeting is huge, like 100 people or so). I also meet with my sponsor on Sunday mornings, so with work I get busy but I'm here. Just haven't been in front of the computer for a few days.

Actually I deliberately kept myself away- I didn't want to sit here and google "chances of DA winning on appeal case previously dismissed" or some such stuff because that is apparently what she is doing so I've been informed. I realize I have no control over the outcome (except possibly figuring out if I need a new attorney that specializes in appeals, I'm sure they are much cheaper than regular trial lawyers O_0) but otherwise it's just one of those things - whatever is gonna happen is going to happen.

That being said, I'm still loving sobriety. And I think the above is just an example of dealing with life on life's terms without having to use or drink over it (or using it as an excuse to drink). We all have our stuff to go through, there's been a lot of it shared by various people lately, I think mine is rather trivial compared to others so I wasn't even gonna bring it up. I'm actually quite at peace with it for now, I hope it stays that way. I figure I just need to trust in god and everything will happen exactly how it is supposed to.

I hope you all had a great weekend, it's almost 1am so time for bed!

Ps. The 78 baffled me, I was like hey my technique's say 33 and 45, wtf!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:48 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

I spin at 16 rpm now

D
Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

What a drag Swan.....you sound like you have your "stuff" together. Leave it to the lawyers to screw things up. I have been working on my own for close to 25 years and the worst experiences I ever have professionally were with lawyers.

My only lawsuit cost me $2000.00 for the plaintiff and $25,000.00 for my lawyer to clear my name. And it wasn't even my fault, I just had named in someone else's construction defects claims.

Just to think that I was married to one (my first wife became one after we split). No wonder I drank so much then.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Dee you're so new school!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey TDC- actually I don't really think I can be mad at my lawyer, he managed to get the case dismissed.

The DA, although my lawyer said she probably wouldn't appeal to the appellant court over a non-injury misdemeanor dui that was not 'reckless', decided "she" would appeal. I don't know if it's her record, the fact that she was PISSED off in the court that day and couldn't let it go, her being 'altruistic' or what.

My comment about the lawyer was simply that I know there are lawyers who specialize in appellant court briefings and I now need to decide if I want to spend 10K+ on one of them or just stick with my current attorney.

Either way I separated what I have to deal with from my sobriety long ago, I intend to keep it that way. Thanks for sharing and the kind comments though. I was saying 'this sucks' for a few hours the day I found out. That quickly shifted to- it's life and I'll just deal with it as it comes. The irony of the situation to me is that I'm sure my case is not the only case that has been dismissed on whatever grounds and I have not drank since the day of my arrest, or my dismissal, thru today. In so far as rehabilitation, it has served that purpose well. She could probably pick a more worthwhile case to spend their resources on but that is not my decision!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Like I said, you seem to have your stuff together now. Lets just keep focusing on living sober day by day here. My best to you.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:15 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

TDC - It's only because I nearly trip over the little round case of 45's everytime I go in the basement!! I figured I'd leave it there to remind me to put it away

Good one, Dee -- we'll just start calling you 16x

Swan - sorry to hear about the lawyer thing, but you're right - life happens and it keeps going on. Unfortunately sometimes we really reap what we've sown along the way, but it could've been worse for you.

Good here - a rainy 61... but at least it's warmer.... and it's not snow
Old 04-04-2011, 07:05 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

No XXX here, we got 16X haha!

Had to edit that, triple X as in the movie!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:11 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Come guys, don't be fooled by Dee. He is no 16X, he is SOLID STATE.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Had to look up the Solid State reference... says super-reliable, but more expensive

Hils - How's it going? Been thinking about you.

You, too, Akasha Hope things are well.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

I ride my bike with a club on Sundays. I look forward to my Sundays. Right as I was falling asleep last night my wife mentioned that one of her clients just died from a brain tumor and multiple cancers and her family called to inform her and that they were planning a "celebrate life" party for her a week from Sunday.

Since I am training to do century ride April 30 with several of the people in my Sunday group, I had that Sunday earmarked for a specific ride, but I thought that once in a while I should also play husband and accompany her to something like this.

As I was falling asleep I asked her where it was and she said she mentioned some winery about 45 minutes from here. I said I would let her know in the morning, but all night long I had wine dreams. One was so vivid that I woke me up in the middle night trying to find where I had hidden all the bottles.

It has been a while, but I did not like these dreams. The century ride on April 30 culminates in a Mexican restaurant with a fiesta for 150 of my fellow riders, and the organizers promises lots of beer and margaritas at the end of the ride so I am already working on my abstention. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago about that too, reeking of beer

I think I need a little bit of a buster shot to work on my resolve this morning. I will not drink on April 30. I will celebrate 7 months of sobriety May 1.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:48 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

You can do it Tom.

Me, 1st day at IOP and 14 days clean!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

So how do you feel after 14 days, Akasha?

You guys noticed that Mr Dee74 has not peaked in here in the last few days. I wonder if we got him mad at us for talking about him. Hum.... We love you Mr. Dee.