Notices

Whiners Anonymous The Golden Part (50)

Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

And in 11 days I have lost 2 pounds. That ain't gonna cut it
THat's about six lbs a month - what's wrong with that? I think that's reasonable.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Snow watch for us too - but we're only supposed to get maybe 5". They're wrong so much, though - anything can happen. Be safe everyone!

SarahDoll - If it was me I'd probably never have the nerve to confront her, so you're doing well - hope it works out.

Dogs are hysterical to get back in the house after their potty call, so gotta go....
Old 01-11-2011, 05:27 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Too much damn coffee, and too damn early to boot. Feel like I'm vibrating, I'm so :
Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
the illogical vulcan

Here we go again for the third time in as many weeks a big snow storm is due tonight just in time for me to go off to work. Now they're calling for 12-20" Oh goody.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:23 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
part time member

It hasn't really snowed here at all. Got a new snowblower that my son says isn't big or strong enough. I am going to my sister's before the snow falls for a couple of days..let them duke it out about the snow clearing..I don't do that anyway...I just drive over it!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:52 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

SDoll

So funny you should say that you're timid...I drove by a small building yesterday with a big sign that said:

SarahCuda

Hit roomie in the pocket[book]. Make a rules list that everyone adheres to. Every time she disobeys, fine her a buck $$. Money motivates.

Teach, I'll send Ed your way after he's done with my driveway, 'kay?

Welcome, Goth! Misery likes company...glad to have you aboard the "Snows Woes" club!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
To Life!

I'm glad I have a cat now. Just have to clean the litter box.

Now, if I could only train her to go in the toilet...
And to flush it...
That would be heaven!

HB,
You said that the snow plow guy Ed,
Looks like... an Ed.
Is it the famous Mr. Ed???

Least,
Try the lite coffee.
It's 1/2 regular and 1/2 decaf.
Maxwell House makes it.
So does Stop and Shop,
and some other local stores around here.
And it tastes just like "regular" coffee,
Without giving you the jitters!

Ann,
A pound a week is not bad.
That's the type of weight loss that is sustainable.
AND, you're doing it while you're not smoking!!!
Keep up the good work!
You're doing GREAT!

SarahDoll,
I agree with HB.
Hit her where it hurts. $$$$
She'll learn...Really quick!
hehehe!

LTT,
That snowblower is about the *only* reason I'd like to have a dog again... :>))

Invisigoth,
Don't think we've met. Welcome to WA!
I am hating the snow too. And I have to go out to get some errands done before it starts.

Least,
You may be onto something with daughter. Depressed or afraid to be independent, (which can be a sign of depression in itself), or just *liking* being able to call on you. It's easier after all to say, "Hey mom...." You can try asking some of the questions on a depression scale, just to get a feel for if she is depressed. (This will *not* be a diagnoses! But, it can suggest if she *should* see a doctor.) And if there is no indication at all, then you know she is just using you, and you know how to handle it -- one way or the other. :>))

No whines for today -- yet.

Got to run the errands before the snow begins. When I try to return two items, (I have the receipts), I probably will run into problems, though. I normally do. And nothing ever runs smoothly for me, does it? :>))
And then I'm going to make a pot of soup and a chicken for tomorrow. With wind gusts forecast up to 25 mph, we *may* lose the power, so, I want something ready -- just in case.
I'm going to make some extra soup too, for a friend who just got out of the hospital. She has visiting nurse now, so, she's very sick. And she and her husband are not saying what's wrong... :>(
I think I'll make a cake, too. :>)

Anyway, have a whiny day!

Shalom!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

least, it is NOT your calling to plan & solve your daughter's transportation issues...She is responsible for it....back away and let her figure it out herself....like you said, SHE is an adult and a mother herself.

it's not your job, it's HERS...tell her you are encouraging her to plan her own DESTINY! by stepping back.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:34 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good moaning all,

Falls, ciggies, kids who want lifts everywhere (yeah I get that from RLK, I just laugh haughtily now), snow, roomies, and cats and dogs......lurvvin the whines.

My whine is I work from home and I swear I'd do less in an office!!!! Maybe I just got spoiled when I was a civil servant.

Woof has stopped using her litter tray altogether and insists on having the door opened every time she needs a comfort break!!!! Cats have staff ....indeed they do. Catflaps have never taken off in Ireland btw.

Where is Bam Bam and Isis the WA mascot. Where is Oz and LTT?

Noah is sitting beside me watching cartoons. I think its the first time he has sat down and relaxed all day.

My phone and tv company is crazy; they cut my phone before I'd even received the bill. Needless to say 45 mins later it was back on and the customer service girl could not believe I had not even received the bill. And since when is Jesus Christ said outloud to oneself considered swearing? (honestly tho, is it?) I said look at the bill history, since when has it not been paid. Eesh........good job my boss pays for phone usage. They were concerned about the level of cell calls. Wait till the bill arrives puhlease and what about the 14 days to settle!!!!

My final whine is I spent way too much last month......waaaah!!!!!

Welcome GOTH.......good whining.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Away - so did I. Everything's due at once, too.

So far just a wimpy light mix of something coming down. They've already pre-treated the roads & let school out though.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:50 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - we might be one day closer to spring - my calendar says it starts March 20?
Old 01-11-2011, 01:23 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Start the Ticker!!! I'm ready for a week in the carribbean NOW!

what's 14 inches of snow? besides very annoying....we cancelled all of our classes tomorrow and i do not have to report for work until 1PM....or later.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:37 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fandy, I know, not the best strategy maybe but I just want her off my back and out of my face.

We've had about three or four inches so far, still coming down, and supposed to get another three or four inches thru early Wed... I don't care. I'm in for the night and have nowhere to go tomorrow until afternoon after the snow has stopped falling and the roads are cleared off.

Last edited by least; 01-11-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: because I can, that's why! ;-)
Old 01-11-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Least, I don't have an nmk, dk, ck, or an ok (lol) so have no experience, strength or hope to offer.

Only by association can I say that my sister told her daughter (my niece), "You were adult enough to have a child without my help; you're adult enough to find a ride without my help."

It was hard for my sis to do that but she had to stop enabling my niece in order for my niece to take responsibility for herself.

Speaking of sisters....

My other sister is going in for her radiation treatment tomorrow as part of her thyroid cancer process.

She wants it over with so does not want to delay it due to the weather.

She'll be "radio-active" for 5 days and is required to be quarantined in her house - away from her family.

She can only come out of her room when they leave the house for school or work.

Then has to go back to her room before they re-enter the house.

Very strange.

Even though she has to be quarantined for 5 days, she'll be "radio-active" for 6 weeks before the radiation is completely out of her system.

For my sister: WWwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

HB - I'd never heard of that. Of all times to have to be quarantined. I hope it goes well for her - it takes bravery to face those treatments. I don't feel very whiney after reading that.

Here in Maryland, much ado about nothing so far with the dreaded snowstorm.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Old 01-11-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prayers for your sister, HB

Zipperman, you can ship a truck full of that stuff down here, the sun will take care of the disposal.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

HB, it's so sad that she can't have her family close by! I'm sure it's hard on them too, wanting to be there for her and not being able to get close. It must be so hard to go through something like that alone. But I'm glad she's hanging in there! She sounds like a fighter!

Least, I'm sorry your daughter is giving you trouble!

More family issues here too... I'm slowly finding out through my stepsister's facebook that my dad and stepmom are getting divorced. They've only been married for about 7 months, but I'm not surprised. Sounds like an ugly divorce too. I'm really mad that my dad texted me about the weather today, but hasn't bothered in the past few days to share this news with me. I made sure I didn't get attached to my stepfamily because I knew this would happen, but I'm still pretty angry that they're letting me figure it out slowly and painfully. I'm also pretty sure his drinking has something to do with it. It always does.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WatchTheSky View Post
I made sure I didn't get attached to my stepfamily because I knew this would happen, but I'm still pretty angry that they're letting me figure it out slowly and painfully.
Hey there Sky,

Forgive me, but this statement reminds me of the one that says, "I made sure not to fall in love so that my heart didn't get broken."

...only to end up alone and lonely.

Sometimes we have to "get involved" despite the risks - that's life.

I have a stepsister who did the same thing...remained distant; none of us felt guilty for not informing her of family issues.

She didn't earn the right to the information.

On a whiter note...lots o' happy kids in these parts...

...school cancellations galore!!

LOL RZ...will be doing 'nuf of my own snow haulin'

Teach,

That pic looks just like plow-guy Ed! (the man, not the horse)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nighty night whiners! I'm off to beddy-bye in my great big dog-bed. (glad they let me sleep on it too.)