Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 49

Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

And don't eat before you go and use the bathroom first!
Old 12-31-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The damn stink bugs are back!!! Daughter's found several in her room and one just crawled across my desk... before I smooshed it. I think it's the warm weather bringing them out again. Didn't see any when it was so cold! Enough of that!! I'm walking the dogs again since it's so nice out! It's 55 F right now!

I have the opposite problem with weight: can eat like a pig and still lose! So I like weighing myself with lots of clothes on. Not anorexic or anything, just really skinny...
Old 12-31-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mascara - what about that? Makeup probably accounts for a couple pounds.

Visited the animal thread - very nice! Saw Britta, Fands, and Least there.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:04 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by least View Post
I have the opposite problem with weight: can eat like a pig and still lose! So I like weighing myself with lots of clothes on. Not anorexic or anything, just really skinny...
Anyone else want to beat Least up??

Okay, so I am jealous, I would sell my soul to eat anything and not gain weight. I love food, that's my problem.

Weighing in today I forgot to take off my earrings and rings and watch...that should count for at least 1 ounce, and my glasses...another ounce but it would mean that I couldn't read the scale.

It's over 80 here today, and my cold is getting better so I am once again whineless....but for the diet to be whines. Tonight I am ordering in...pizza...diet doesn't start until midnight.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Try these two things
1: take off as many clothes as possible, including jewelry. Oh and nail polish and any hair accessories!!
2: stand on your tip toes!! :rotfxko

hevyn, isn't that thread great?!? Lovin' it! I'll have to post pix of my babies there.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:15 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Britta View Post
2: stand on your tip toes!! :rotfxko
Old 12-31-2010, 01:02 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I always stand on my tip toes for no known reason - usually hold on to a piece of furniture, too - then s-l-o-w-l-y take my hand off it so I can brace myself for the unbelievable numbers that appear before me. Of course, most scales are inaccurate. I believe mine is off by 33 lbs.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Ann, this is the time of year we compete with FL, and this is no exception. It's 48. Earlier this week we were about the same hovering around freezing. I started out a walk minus an underlayer but was shivering at first. I came home really warm and opened up the windows for some fresh air to come in. Don't worry, I won't overdo it.

That's about as exciting as it gets for now.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Don't ask why but I've never had a spare set of keys for my car.

I vowed 2 weeks ago to make a set.

What happens today?

I lock my keys in my car...all of them, including house keys.

Blondie-O move.

The up-shot: the AAA guy was a cutey-patutey....despite that he went on and on, swearing he invented that thingamabob pole that allows you to reach high ceiling fan bulbs.

Gotta move quick on patent ideas, Bub.

Stay safe, Australia. Prayers are with you.

As the 4th largest cotten exporter, crops have been washed away; we'll all be hit hard by those floods.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Humble, I think you're the one with the nice landscaping guy earlier in the year? There were some fairly cute guys working around here this week. Not as much as across the street a few months ago though.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Toronto68 View Post
Ann, this is the time of year we compete with FL, and this is no exception. It's 48. Earlier this week we were about the same hovering around freezing.
I spoke to my brother who is using my condo for his New Year ski weekend, and he said it had warmed up. That`s all good news, Toronto, a January thaw is always welcome.

It made it into the 80`s here today...I could get used to that real fast.

Heading off for pizza now. See you all before midnight.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I always stand on my tip toes for no known reason - usually hold on to a piece of furniture, too - then s-l-o-w-l-y take my hand off it so I can brace myself for the unbelievable numbers that appear before me. Of course, most scales are inaccurate. I believe mine is off by 33 lbs.
:rotfxko mine too!!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:41 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy New Years Whiners!

D
Old 12-31-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

it never got above 40 here today, the clouds came in and brought a big chill....I finally got my stamps and a boatload of veggies...i have noticed a sharp price increase in produce...holymoly....but at least they are good to eat.

idid buy a 1/2 lb of light swiss and potato salad...this store makes it really good...and Sammy likes it....

i will be really glad when it is tomorrow.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toronto68 View Post
Humble, I think you're the one with the nice landscaping guy earlier in the year?
YES!

Leif, my lawn guy!

very cutey-patutey...and a heckuva weed wacker.

LOL...nice guy

I think I asked this before?

When a parent names a child Jeeves, do you think they expect he'll grow up to be a chauffeur or butler?

I haven't asked Leif whether his name steered him into his profession...

...and don't plan to while he has the weed wacker in his hand.

Fands, I'm glad you found some safety advice in the burglar post. I know I did.

Happy New Year Whiners!!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:12 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Are there rules to this whiners group?

Are we only allowed to whine about certain stuff? Just checking before I let loose!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nikkle View Post
Are we only allowed to whine about certain stuff? Just checking before I let loose!
I hope there are no rules about that.... I've been bitchin' for days now about everything!!!
Let it rip Nikkle!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

My kids are at Grandmas for New Years, happy they are making memories, but really miss them.
My Honey is a workaholic and alcoholic, I have 28 days sober and I am glad for that and he has been very patient kind and supportive of me as I deal with all my DUI aftermath...but his getting drunk and going to bed by 8:30 is annoying. I have to keep the tv at a whisper so as not to disturb him. Before he goes to bed, he likes to give instructive rambling lectures on one subject or another. Didn't mind as much when I was drunk too, haha. Feel like I can't really say anything about my displeasure in his behavior while I am indebted to his kindness about my DUI.
Tonight Celebrate Recovery is having an awesome NYE party, but I know he won't want to go (cut into his beer time) I don't want to go without him, so I'm guessing it will just be me, a bag of chips, cheap pizza and sparkling apple juice.
When I bought my snacks at the market, it felt unfair watching everyone else by beer...the cashier knows me and told every other customer to be safe but me...she laughed and said she knew I was in no danger with my bag of goodies....she's right...dangit! Ok, so I don't really wanna drink, I just don't like it when I know I CAN'T have something! Like Grandma says, I don't HAVE to be sober, I GET to be sober. Okay...that is my lil rant.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:04 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm feeling lazy and unmotivated and not sure if I'll go to that little church 'do' or not. Just don't feel like going anywhere or doing anything but vegging out in front of the computer/DVD player. Watch movies until I'm tired then go to sleep with my furry furnaces.

Fandy, we had an unseasonably warm day, almost 60 F. Most of the snow has melted away too and places are drying up. Was so nice the dogs got two long walks today.

Happy New Year in five hours.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Nikkle - well, you're off to a great whiney start. Be proud that you went with the apple juice. You'll have no regrets in the morning.

People were already in Times Square before 6pm? Seriously? What will they do for all those hours. At least it's warmer than last year.