SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous...Part 48 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/214535-whiners-anonymous-part-48-a.html)

least 12-13-2010 03:26 PM

In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer

... but not invincible enough to heat the house, damn it!;)

OZboy 12-13-2010 04:07 PM

Fandy 12-13-2010 04:41 PM

December 21st is indeed a *magic* day...the "darkest day of the year"....it's also my birthday...(boo-hiss, i don't like growing older, but i do not look too bad, thanks mom for the great genes and firm skin, very few wrinkle and i can color the grey back to blond).

It also seems to be....THE DAY OF KARMA!!!!!![/B]..because it is the day that the IRS has proclaimed that Mr. Fandy must PAY THEM 32K....

now not to chortle with glee that he is obviously flocked himself GOOD with his own stupidity, but the fact that it is due on my birthday, makes it extra humorous....perhaps i should send him a Christmas card...with wishes that he gets everything he deserves???? NOT.

OK, back to the weather....it is now 28 degrees here with high wind....very cold, the dog enjoyed a short romp when i got home and barked threateningly at the neighbor's rolling garbage can....mr naked even seems to have put his clothes back on....hahahaha!

i am off tomorrow! shopping and cleaning... a never ending battle....i would prefer to hop on a plane and go somewhere much warmer.

Hevyn 12-13-2010 04:50 PM

HB - Thinking of you today.

Oz - If Ann is Queen of Whines, then you are the Jester. I just got your joke from last evening. I can be a bit slow.

LTT - What an adorable avie.

Cold, damp, dreary, and no sign of the sun.

HideorSeek 12-13-2010 04:53 PM

Fandy, I meant to comment on your neighbor...you don't think he sees you, seeing him, do ya???? :lmao

BTW, one more post and you will have reached 3 thousand !!! Woohoo! This is cause for celebration!!! Hot cocoa with marshmallows anyone????

OZ, you are too funny....yet again...you make me laugh!

Fandy 12-13-2010 05:10 PM

I put my 3000 post in the gratitude thread...because i am very grateful have come such a long way since I crawled in here last February...i can honestly say I haven't been so sober since I was pregnant...(which was 30 years ago)

didn't Hbeeee have an interview today????? she always makes us wait for news! sending my very strongest ******{vibes}}}} to her that all went well.....???? or she is busy with her sis? or flirting with the doctors at her volunteer job?

Rusty Zipper 12-13-2010 06:38 PM

you spray it on your car windows and it instantly melts them into clarity....for a bout $3.00.
Hmmm, i wonder if it will work on a few sponsee's of mine?

always good o see you LTT

are you done with the birthday cake yet?

congrats on the 3000 fands!

how'd you do it? lol

a light wintery mix here tonight

HumbleBee 12-13-2010 06:51 PM

You and RZ were right, Fands...

have been buzzing around checking off my To Do list:

Strep throat: http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-us...A001117936.gif

Birthday: http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-us...A001117936.gif

Interview : http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-us...A001117936.gif (it went real well...I hope to hear something this week)

Sister recovering nicely yet adjusting to new meds (check)

Still a hospital volunteer yet still to soon to say "Well, slap my a$$ and say Amen" to the patients (check)

Now that I'm another year older (51), I have to keep from falling so behind on the whines. Us old folks have a hard time playin' catch-up!

...it's like running a triathalon with no warm-up (Isis comes to mind) LOL

You whiner guys and gals are the BEST!

Thank you for all my Happy Bday wishes!...and for once, it didn't snow.

Least has been my weather gauge; whatever weather is there, will be here in about 3 days. groan.

CmC - love the seven male streppers Days of Christmas! And I still got the candy stiper pole that RZ gave me.

Carlos - double-dipping on the whines, eh? a two-time whine bagger...

Way to go!

Ann, I loved the cake...wings 'n all! Now fed-ex some FL sun please.

My birthday was everything I hoped it would beeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I am now officially 40 with 11 years experience! LOL

P.S. I want to protest...why are we only allowed 3 images per post?

I had 6 check marks and a funny picture that I couldn't use. wwaaaaaah

HumbleBee 12-13-2010 06:59 PM

Quote:
you spray it on your car windows and it instantly melts them into clarity....for a bout $3.00.

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper (Post 2796002)
Hmmm, i wonder if it will work on a few sponsee's of mine?

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4903/roflmaom.gif

Fands....gratitude + wallyworld and petsmart bargains + home renovations + nudey neighbor and Mr. Fandy whines = 3,000

OZboy 12-13-2010 09:01 PM

..hey carl !!!

..rusty wants to join us..:scorebad

Dee74 12-13-2010 09:52 PM

Happy birthday HB :)
May this year be the best yet!

D

MaryAnn100 12-13-2010 11:13 PM

Good moaning,

"for a few sponsees of mine" :rotfxko

@ mizz fandy ...... oh karma is a beautiful thing ....... love it!

A quick whine - did ya ever agree to something and almost immediately regret it ........ ah well ......... handing it over to my HP .... he's been helping me a lot lately .

I found this pic and decided to post as we have so many cat lovers here (Good to see you again Bam-Bam & Isis)

http://i52.tinypic.com/33a9jcw.jpg

Ok whiners......time to :Meditate: and pray .....

Have a good whine y'all

IWLSAST 12-14-2010 03:18 AM

great news oz man....let's rock on rz...still need a 4th though

"Give me the fresh air, a beautiful partner, and a nice round of golf... and you can keep the fresh air and the round of golf."
Jack Benny said that....not Carlos (opps, sorry for 3rd party self re)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...attach/jpg.gif

oh, to officialize...brrrrrrrrrrrrr
plus, just figured out how to paste one image, if three is possible, then another brain freeze is likely...with a soft serve catalyst

justjo 12-14-2010 03:58 AM

Got up at 5am - worked till 5pm Oh Heck my footsies are killing me. Footrub anyone? :lol:

Rusty Zipper 12-14-2010 04:15 AM

head to the W.A. Foot Spa JJ

HB, happy you had a wonderful whiney birthday,

agreed on the 3 images bit, phoey to that

least 12-14-2010 04:29 AM

Happy whiny birthday Hbee! :bday7

I was rudely awakened way too early by nmkid calling for a ride to work. :gaah Oh well... now I'm home with my coffee and all is well. Lots to do today, rides to work and watching grandkid and an appt for me... Thank God the car starts in this weather....

LLCY52 12-14-2010 05:01 AM

Hi everyone! Just cruising the boards wondering what to do with myself. Guess I'll soon have to start my housework. Blah!

least 12-14-2010 05:11 AM

Welcome to whiners LLCY!:) Always glad to welcome another whiner, and as Queen Ann says: whiners are winners!!:)

Just had a whiny moment... was drinking my coffee and discovered grounds floating in it - bah! So had to make a new cup...:gaah

Hevyn 12-14-2010 05:23 AM

LLCY52 - Welcome to Whiners. Hope you'll stay awhile. Housework whines are always worthy.

HB - Great news on the interview! Fingers crossed for you.

Pet whine: Doggies had digestive issues last night. Needed to be let out every hour.

Weather whine: In the 20's today, & already working on burning up the 2nd oil delivery of the season. That's $600.00 spent, & it's not even "winter" for another week.

Whine on.

Fandy 12-14-2010 05:36 AM

my new shiatsu massage pillow works great on the tootsie toes too....i keep it on my bed....Hbeeee you must be the baby-cakes around here....i am 3 years older than you!

ah yessss, Mr. Fandy and his 32K worth of IRS PENALTIES from the year 2008.....then he will also have the penalties from what he withdrew from 2009 next year!...what an idiot.....now he has to go to back to work full-time (he was semi-retired and obviously not able to handle all the gambling he did as he is losing his IRAs faster than the speed of light)....the bad news is he will be back in Princeton which is down the road from my homestead.....

so glad my locks are changed!

Ann how cold is it where you are today? here it is a toasty 7 degrees with wind...i decided it was a good day to turn on the self-cleaning feature on the oven...after scraping the ice off the walls in the kitchen....when I re-model i will request insulation for this room...because i can feel the wind coming through the electrical sockets now!!!

I am excited to start shopping for deep air-jet bathtubs and tile for my bathroom after the holidays...I figured this was the time to do it and keep my depression at bay...planning the new bathroom will keep me out of trouble...and i shop with my BFF and the contractor...(she lives across the street)