Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group Pt 4

Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

You too Dee stay Cool :
Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

TJ- Is everything set for tonight so you won't be tempted? You have had plenty of time to put something else together for tonight, so I hope you made the right decision.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking. Had a horrendous week -- so many things went wrong. I don't even know where to start. I'm not drinking tonight. I'm going to try to relax after what was one of my worst weeks in a long time. Nothing went as I had planned.

I'm continuing to read in the SMART handbook and really taking to heart a lot of the advice. I believe that addiction can be overcome and that believing that is a necessary step in the process for me. I plan to go to my Tuesday meeting next week, but it has been a stress and strain on my home life for me to get there.

Definitely about to crash and hope everyone is okay tonight....
Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you had a bad week Laura but I'm glad you're not drinking over it.
Take care

D
Old 01-07-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

I got a lot done today! I am just now sitting down. DD and I have Gymboree in the morning. This may not sound like a big deal but if I actually go tomorrow (which I will) it will be the first time i made it. I have literally setup roughly 20 classes since she was 3 months or so, and haven't shown for any of them. So yeah, a really big step for me.

I am getting stronger every day. I still have some strong cravings for that carefree feeling alcohol gave me. Of course, not every time I drank turned into a disaster. I probably had more good times than bad, but the risk of having a bad episode is ENOUGH to keep me away. Even though my life is far from easy or perfect I am grateful for each day sober. The good and the bad! I hope I have finally closed that chapter of my life, for good!

I just had some random thoughts I thought I would share. Enjoy your night. Take care of yourselves

DAY 60
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Sorry you had a rough week Laura. What I have found is that once I got sober, life still happened. Rarely does anything go the way I planned, but that is OK. If it did, life would be boring. But I hear what you are saying. It sure would be nice if things would just work out once in a while.

But I am glad you are not drinking. I can guarantee you that whatever is going on a drink will make it worse. No need to throw a hangover on top of your existing stresses. Stay strong, stay sober, and you will come through this OK. Chin up.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations again Beth.

I drank long enough so that the bad outweighed the good - but we still have the same deal - neither of us never knew whether it would be good or not.

I truly don't miss it anymore
D
Old 01-07-2011, 06:27 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Laura my thoughts and prayers are with you tonight

PS- We were posting at the same time I am just now reading yours. I am really sorry you had such a bad week. Tomorrow is a new day. Take care.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

TJ - Sorry you had such a horrible week. Hopefully things will be seem better tomorrow.

Beth - Gymboree sounds like fun. Hope you make it.

I have a session with my personal trainer tomorrow - first time since before Thanksgiving.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, guys. I will take all the positive thoughts, prayers and vibes you send my way!!

I don't want to go into all the details, but my bad week has to do with my kids and my parents and how difficult they can all be. The interactions, the drama, the passive aggressive stuff I get from my Mom, my daughter and my father directly conflicting with each other and them sticking me in the middle...I got in a big blowout with my Mom because I couldn't take any more criticism from her.

I have a good friend who is letting me unload everything on him. So I have been doing that. It helps. I'm not sure what I'd do without him right now.

I'm an upbeat person and don't stay down for long. Tomorrow is a new day. It's the weekend. My kids are not here. It's just me and my dog, it's quiet and I like it. Yoga tomorrow morning.....thanks again....
Old 01-08-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good Morning all, I got no sleep last night. Ugh! Ok I am determined to do 2 things today, Gymboree and work out. That's all I have to do today for it to be a success. More coffee please.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ok, ok I am up!

DAY 61
Old 01-08-2011, 02:00 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

We made it to Gymboree!!!!!!!!!!!

DD just kind of did her own thing while observing the class but we signed up for the month of classes and use of their little gym. She cried when we left, so I take that as a sign she liked it. I am so happy for her to have a chance to socialize with others her age.

I am so proud of myself! I know it sounds crazy but i am. I could never of done this while drinking, any of this, the park, toysRus, the gym and now Gymboree!! I feel like a new and improved person. Thanks to all of you guys for your help

The gym closed at 1 today( they have weird hours and not even opened on sundays) so
I won't beat myself up for not getting there today. I will be there first thing on Monday

Have a great day/night/morning

DAY 61
Old 01-08-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Don't ever let ANYONE take your joy.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I am absolutely exhausted. Good Night

DAY 61
Old 01-08-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

me too - sadly it's morning LOL

D
Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Beth - Hey that's great you made it to Gymboree and DD had fun too!
Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Thanks for caring Lyddie!

Dee, don't you hate waking up tired.

On a side note they are calling for 7 inches of snow in ATL! That never happened when i lived there. I am so freakin jealous. It makes me miss my friends and family even more

X and I got in the biggest fight today after I got back. Actually, I spoke the truth calmly and he called me a F****** B*****!! Nice! I am ok though.

Going to get back to watching Toy Story 3. It is making me feel better.

Night again

DAY 61
Old 01-08-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

s'ok...I went back to bed

sorry about your fight Beth - enjoy TS3
D
Old 01-09-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Toy Story 3... one of my favorites! I think have seen it 4 times with my kids

Congrats on the Gymboree success, Beth! I tried to do stuff like that with all 3 of my kids. I used to get discouraged if my kids didn't really love it or do all the things they were supposed to. My kids were like little rebels when it came time for circle time. They just could not sit and listen to some woman singing with a little puppet. Ha ha .... funny times. As long as DD is having fun with it and you are, you should do it!

I am having a great weekend alone with my dog. Just love it. Met a friend for coffee yesterday but otherwise just hanging out. Yoga class yesterday morning and I finally got forearm stand for the first time ever. YEAH!!! Practiced at home last night. This morning I'm off to another class and hopefully one again on Monday morning. It is really necessary to de-stress and feel good after the week I had.

I watched a movie last night called "The Days of Wine and Roses" about alcoholism. Some people on this board recommended it. It was very good. Sometimes easier to relate to them and sometimes hard. I have never gone away to a little motel and locked myself in my room and chugged gin straight out of a bottle, so that was a little far-fetched for me to imagine. I don't doubt it happens but just could not immediately relate to that. One thing is for sure: I had no desire to drink after watching that movie! It was good. I hope to see more of these movies about alcoholism.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!
Old 01-09-2011, 08:42 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

TJ - You might like the movie When a Man Loves a Woman with Meg Ryan and Andy Garcia.