Notices

Whiners Anonymous...Part 46

Old 11-07-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

glad to hear you are feeling CMC....enjoy that gorgeous weather, i'm jealous.

Welcome Forward....see that, just when you think you've got bad, you can seeing whining at it's best!....hope your symptoms are just imaginary...and that you do feel better as the day goes on....congrats on a Sober Sunday!

it is nice to see a bright sunny day....I'm on track with the diet, I did 1/2 mile with the dog and another 1/2 mile on the treadmill along with some wts. and abs.....the candy is tucked away for another day.

I am trying to cut 5-700 calories off of the daily calorie intake for a few days...very easy when I stop chomping down 4-5 almond joys or mounds bars....I'm certainly not starving....i've substituted an apple or a banana.

I ran into a woman in wally-world yesterday, she told me that she lost 90# in 5.5 months.....she was in the beginning stages of Type-II diabetes....and did not want to go there, she gave up "white foods" and sugar and started taking this stuff called "slim-quick"....(at that point i was ready to move in with her to learn her secrets).

it's wierd but this time, i feel no anxiety because there is no one i have to impress but myself....i try to use the same approach I have learned here at SR....ODAAT....it makes it easier to deal with.

although, Ann and I do have to shoot the video next month.....in her private studio....along with Earl and Shirl....and her new kitty.

off to work, argh.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:20 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fandy, I will be scouting "shoot" locations for our video in the sunny south. I'm thinking the "Alligator Walk" and the "Manatee Mosey" might be interesting workouts, yes? Also, I expect to develop the "Oh, Lookie, A Sale!!!" dash, good for heart and legs both.

I too plan on a better "eating plan" for holidays, and hope to come home at least 10 pounds lighter.

Earl and Shirl must have already hibernated or headed south already because I haven't seen them for a week or two but fully expect them back come spring.

And the new kitty will have to wait, at least until we get home. I have offered to cat-sit for a couple of neighbours whenever they need to go away for a day or so, and will try it out and see how it goes.

But I catch myself reading the "adopt-a-pet" ads and my heart starts melting when I see an adorable kitty staring back at me. So it's probably just a matter of time.

Lovely Sunday here, Whiners, it's a shame all days can't just be sunny and warm enough for a nice walk.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:39 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I emptied, cleaned, and removed the big rat cage for storage in the bsmt... and then had a brilliant idea: why not put the two litter boxes up on that big table so beagirl can't get to them!! Hah! No more litter box 'treats' for you girl! hahahaha!!

My neighbor is lending me his biceps this eve to take the a/c's out of the windows for the - ugh - coming winter. ONly thing left to celebrate with is to wash the dishes, everything else is done!! Then I can 'from my labors rest...'
Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I was reading through Dr. Shapiro's "elegant snacks"...i don't have cucumbers in the house, so I used romaine leaf hearts....with smoked salmon and capers....protein, good fat for my pointed little brain and zero carbs.....as opposed to a plate of potato chips....same or less calories...130.

I was surprised at how much I liked it with naked lettuce...I will prepare this again....I'm sure it would be tasty with other fish too....the capers have enough salt to satisfy me.

Sammy has his nose up Fandy's buttisimo...someone must have been in the litterbox.

Least that is an excellent idea to keep the litterbox lips at bay.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Why do dogs eat kitty litter biscuits?

Anywho, went to Petco today. No one is certified (Really? They have to be certified to shave a cat's butt?) to groom cats. The closest Petco with certified cat butt shavers is about 30 minutes away. *sigh* Looks like I'll have a talk with the vet soon.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
...I was surprised at how much I liked it with naked lettuce...

naked lettuce?!? naked neighbor?!?

The nude-a-rama images are making me blush

If nudey neighbor drives, sounds like this could be him...

Ann, how 'bout a Florida Flip-Flop workout for the video? Getting in and out a hammock can be exhausting!

Old 11-07-2010, 01:41 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sammy has his nose up Fandy's buttisimo...someone must have been in the litterbox

certified cat butt shavers

you guys are making me crazy!! This is hilarious - I'm sitting in my room alone laughing my @ss off!!
Old 11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Oh Fandy, I was pmsl at the butt trimming post. Reminded of a series of books I read as a young teenager called "It shouldn't happen to a vet"

Yikes, litter tray treats. That was the first time I have ever heard of that.

My kitty, Woof, has eaten something nasty whilst galavanting as their are puddles in her tray now.

Least, :day1 to ya, I was writing a congratulatory post earlier but my battery died and I was too lazy to get up and get the chord. I did sleep for 7 hours today, utterly exhausted. 11 months, WOW!

FL, yay good to see you're a whiner Great going on the sobriety.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:31 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

OMG!!!! I did not mean to associate my beautiful fluffy Romaine with my disgusting old neighbor....since he had his front window wide open (at 45 degrees all day in November in the northeast)...I pretended to be on my phone as I was walking down the drive....I made some very derogatory comments on his "old saggy buttisimo" and LOUDLY said I think I have to call Adult Protective Services, because he is obviously senile....when I cam home from visiting mama and work, the shades were drawn and the windows closed...

perhaps that will keep him at bay for a few days.....sigh, he's been doing this for 20 years! i wish he would move or just go away for a few months. or even buy some new verticals...his are so old they have actually cracked and look like missing teeth.

Bam the vet can easily shave Isis tush while she is sedated during spaying...she has to stay the whole day anyhow and they will shave her tummy for the stitches...they won't even charge you.

For the rug...a little dish detergent rinsed well with water...or Spot-shot is what I use...with 4 animals in the house someone is always spewing something.

NOW I can whine that it is dark at 5PM!!!! i don't that either!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:24 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

..zip..
wow, look what the cat dragged in,
..about a dozen of em'..

..i have a pic of my 'boa constricter'...

Least..
my atomic clock
don't push the wrong alarm button..

..hi to Awayfromit,SarahDoll,Forward looking..

..n' the rest of ya..(HBee)also lol..

..BEE GOOD..Ozzy..
Old 11-07-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SarahDoll - Glad to see you back here. I know what you mean about the friendship thing.

I wonder if there's a Certified Cat Butt Shaver course offered on the internet? I think I've found my calling.

Time for Seasonal Affective Disorder to set in. I was never aware of it when I was
drinking & clueless.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

my vet was clueless at how to place Sammy in his "Dog-Purse"...it is a giant fake Coach satchel....he didn't see the sidezipper flaps.....i said you have to stuff him in backwards, not through the front flap....kind of like stuffing a turkey cavity.

i am still laughing....at Mr. Fandy's attempts to be attractive on the internet dating sites.....I think he is looking for a combo of Angelina Jolie and June Cleaver.....someone with perfect option lips who lives to do his laundry...., someone clueless.....
Old 11-07-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I worked myself into a frenzy today and am tired, pleasantly so, and going to bed now. Good night, I love you.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

just a little whiney good night drive by!

lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng daaaaaaaay
Old 11-07-2010, 07:44 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If you`re signing people up for the `Cat Butt Shaving Certification Course` count me out...Queeny doesn`t DO cat butt shaving.
Old 11-07-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I hate asking for help. Hate it. I also know I need to get over that. Needing help doesn't make me (or anyone) a bad person and because it's so hard, it really takes a strong person to admit they need help and ask for it, right? About a month ago I had a really nasty experience asking for help. Okay, I admit most of the nasty part came from my own sensitivities of having to ask and explain. Anyway, the person I’d been talking to about help didn’t respond in an amazing way. The good news is we had another conversation today that went much better. Much more understanding there. I walked away much less scared to ask again in the future.

Okay, that was my anti-whine. Here is my actual whine: I don’t want to do this week. Can we just skip it? I don’t want to go to work and work with the people there, I don’t want to take care of the tons of extra stuff I’m not being paid for, I don’t want to put in some exceedingly long days. I just don’t wanna.

I’m putting in a job application this week for something that is hopefully much better. I don’t have super high hopes of getting it because there are a lot of people with my same skills with lots more experience than I have, but it can’t hurt and it makes me feel like I’m doing something to change my situation.

HB, good to see you are still here! I'm still doing the hope-bucket-hole-fixing, too.

Bam, good luck with the cat butt problem. She’s beautiful, by the way (the cat, not the butt. I don't think I noticed the butt).

Queeny, I’m with you. No cat butt anything for me.

Fandy, I think you should follow through on your threat of calling APS (or somebody!) about the flasher neighbour. He sounds like an honest to goodness exhibitionist.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

i am still laughing....at Mr. Fandy's attempts to be attractive on the internet dating sites.....
..i knew I knew that Guy..
Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
part time member

Wow.... I must have missed a few days of whines here.

Bam get Isis fixed before she has her first heat. I understand that it will cut down the likelyhood of breast cancer in the female cats. siamese and white cats are prone to breast cancer. My sister's cat wasn't fixed until she was about 5 ... too bad she wasn't...then maybe my sister wouldn't be heartbroken now.

I see that I am the champion of....nothing now....sigh....
Old 11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Red face

..loves..

I see that I am the champion
..now that looks better..Ozy..
Old 11-07-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
part time member

I had 3 championships at one time...once...guess I will just have to remember how it was........had the Flash Poker one for almost a year!