Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 45

Old 10-04-2010, 11:08 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

've actually done that...his name was Steve...I pretended he was a plunger when I found out he had cheated on me.

at least he didn't cheat on you with horses and the OTB and prefer them to your company!

Speaking of which...Mr. Fandy reared his pointy little head today, via the mailbox. i had blocked him from my email in July...(i have no desire to communicate with him as he blathers about his latest new improved handicapping system)...if he wants to talk to me pick up the phone, he has 3-4 numbers where I can be reached.

he sent me my birthday gift from last December....i'm just going to shut up and keep it, (it is a gift-card to my favorite nail salon for $60.)...i'm certainly appreciative that he did send it to me instead of throwing it away or giving it to his favorite new lady (or perhaps the horse gets her nails done elsewhere)..but I am NOT inclined to open that big ugly smelly can of worms right now.

I am too sober, too logical in my head and able to concentrate on myself...big deal. he was so flipping arrogant when I DID need the $$$ and wouldn't even purchase $20.00 worth of catfood when I asked. (I was paying off a home loan at the end of last year, did not have my mother's house rented so i was paying that on top of MY expenses and owed my brother 2K to boot).

it is going to take a lot more than a trifle giftcard in the mail with the words "enjoy sweetie" scrawled on it to get me to bite...even though he knows my temper well enough, i won't even dignify it.

but I will take the $60. and put it towards my mortgage principal and my next major purchase for the house...( I am needing a new washer/dryer combo~ i think the washer is trying to chew my towels...i hope to make it last until income tax refund time).

i don't need to risk my fragile peace of mind right now! Sammy is a better partner anyway...he never hogs the remote.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:32 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
cmc

whew...there's lots of whining going on here!

My whine for today is simple: I pulled weeds from the front lawn for three hours straight and now my back hurts.
owchie-wow-wow-wow

HB...I'll take one of these too, please. ty :-)
You can use the $ from the WA collection basket for anyone here that would like a copy. We whiners have collected tons of moolah just for this type of thing. LOLOLOL (if I only had a nickel for each whine!!!!)
Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post

Old 10-04-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Was feeling so sick I laid down for a nap, slept a couple hours, and woke up still feeling poorly. BUT at least it wasn't from drinking...
Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
part time member

I just broke off a piece of my tooth!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome Holdinon, glad you could let it go here

I did nothing productive today. Let the thermostat guy in to replace my thermostat, threw a load of laundry in and that's about it. I am saving my energy for work tomorrow .

Remember the last 10 pounds I wanted to lose before the October wedding? Well, the wedding is next weekend and I still have 11 pounds to go...yes, I gained one.

Any suggestions how to lose 10 pounds in 6 days?
Old 10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LTT, was it a front tooth?

Call your dentist and set up an emergency appointment. Whine like the devil until they do it.

Hugs
Old 10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'm going to try meds again for my depression. I'm taking the next two days off of work so I can get it together. If work doesn't like it, oh well. I have to do something and I'm not about to go back to drunkland--not an option. I just want to be stable enough to work and live.

That's my whine.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Bamb-a-la??? didn't you want to go off the meds because you didn't like the way they weren't working? i hope you did it medically supervised? maybe you just need a different med and wait a few weeks until it works its way into your system....

and at the risk of getting smacked, i might suggest you try really hard to take a giant step back from refined sugars and white stuff (flour, breads, potatos)...sweet potatos are good....i'm a big fan of Dr. Shapiro (the original Eat This not That).

i'm glad Hbee's toilet is fixed....for $1.50 a bottle i pour a gallon of bleach down a slow drain /toilet every couple of weeks.

i forgot to take my steak out of the freezer, so i went grocery shopping, then felt too tired to cook....so i just did a few baked nacho chips/salsa and some cheese...that was fine. tomorrow i want to get home at a decent hour and roast some eggplant slices and sweet potatoes, portabellos in olive oil with garlic.

i remembered the spinach and forgot the carrots...grrrr. it was not my usual store, there was too much traffic (i hate traffic it makes me think of drinking).

i feel very stressed tonight, i made some nice honey/lemon herbal tea with splenda...that i found on sale in the annoying grocery.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I managed 850 calories of balanced diet today and 6 minutes exercise. That should be good for 5 pounds, yes?

Hugs to the annoyed, the not well, the whining and whineless tonight.

Old 10-04-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Still feeling blah so trying an early bedtime tonight. Goodnight whiners!
Old 10-04-2010, 06:21 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

OK, so are we ready to complain about the cool weather yet, since only a month ago many of us were sweating buckets? Time does fly.

At least the nostalgia and woe is me feeling at end of summer is mostly gone, for me. I'm not used to experiencing it, so I guess that is another sign of change.

My cat is being a major cling-on, but I can live with it. He is back to his kittenhood habit of resting behind my neck/shoulders every day, many times a day now. I even move between rooms with him lying behind my neck, because he is happy to stay there.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Night night least
Old 10-04-2010, 06:23 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Toronto, big hugs to kitty from me. I am so glad he is home and safe, clinging is good.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

thanks HB,

maybe we can add a few tips and pointers

fands
you can work out a lot of your aggressions with a plunger.
ah, hahahaha!, ah, hahahaha!

welcome aboard Holdin

Mrs C
if I only had a nickel for each whine!!!!

dont think so queeny

Congrats on One Year LTT,

and one year of whine'n taboot!
Old 10-04-2010, 07:57 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
part time member

Not a front tooth. A piece of one of the molars that already has a huge filling in it..perhaps time for another crown...grrr. Last time I broke a tooth it was on potatoes and this time raisins. I know I actually cracked on popcorn sorta knew this was coming...drat it!

My kitty is cuddly also I think he is cold. My sister had given me a heating pad for kitties and he just loves it! They even make them for dogs that stay outside in the winter.

Bad news about sister's kitty Zeena..it's in the lymph nodes...how sad..she is such a good kitty...she is about 11 years old.

Only good thing is my one year today...
Old 10-05-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

how the hell can one break a tooth on a potato?

i'm perplexed! lol
Old 10-05-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Bamb-a-la??? didn't you want to go off the meds because you didn't like the way they weren't working? i hope you did it medically supervised? maybe you just need a different med and wait a few weeks until it works its way into your system....

I don't know what else to do. It's try another med or do something really stupid. Effexor fvcked my memory up. I'm not taking that sh!t again.

If diet was a solution for the level of debilitating depression (read: tons of suicidal ideation) I'm facing then the pharmaceutical companies would be completely out of the psychotropic meds business. This isn't a simple case of the blues. Depression is my number one problem and it's exactly why I became addicted to alcohol.

If I can't find something to work/help I don't know what I'll do. I'm running out of options and I can't keep going on this way.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:16 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Congratulations, LTT!!!

:day1

Good Morning Whiners! Just flashing by with my coffee
Old 10-05-2010, 04:27 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

misunderstood...i don't think a diet is a solution to depression, but keeping off the sugar might HELP the meds.....

my daughter gained about 60 lbs. while taking Effexxor....however she did lose it and now takes Welbutrin (it also helped her quit smoking)...but everyone is different.

i feel much better today! (sorry not a whine). i putthoughts of Mr. Fandy in a box, locked it and shoved it into the back of my closet head. and i was successful at getting 7.5 hours of sleep...what a difference from feeling anxiety all last week. and I did this without drinking myself into a stupor.

tonight Sammy gets a bath and i will try the blowdryer on him...it could be interesting? or stupid?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:02 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Tidy Cats litter stinks (literally).

My hairbrush has more clumping power.

Maybe it depends on the cat...I mean we don't all use the same toilet paper do we?

Sorry, it's trash day and I'm feeling cranky.

((Bam))