Notices

August Sobriety 2009 Part 11

Old 10-05-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow thats great!

(All my employer seems to give me is additional work. But, at least I have a job!).
Old 10-06-2010, 06:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Sorry I was gone yesterday and didn't check in. I was at an all day seminar/education conference put on by the Disney Institute. I had much higher expectations, but it was OK. For the most part it was a waste of a day. Then yesterday our carpet finally got installed in out basement, so we spent the evening and night hauling our stuff back down there. Ugh, but nice to have our basement back and our daughter's toys out of our living room.

I hope someday Zebra you finally get to take a vacation. Yes, it is your turn sometime! My wife and I have been fortunate to travel quite a bit. We have been on two cruises, Brazil twice, Puerta Vallarta, Mayan Riviera, and Jamaica twice. Also Vegas a couple times, and this Saturday we leave for Ithaca New York for 5 days to see my wife's sister. This March we are going with a bunch of other couples to St. Lucia. So if you are looking for a vacation destination recommendation let me know. We know that someday our travels will have to slow down, but for now we are doing as much as we can while we can.

So anyways, everything else is good around here. The leaves are changing color and it is just beautiful. Hope you all are well. Hugs to everyone.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have a good weekend everyone. I leave for Ithaca New York early tomorrow morning for a few days with my wife to go see her sister and her husband. Should be a fun trip. Ruby is going to My wife's parents. Looking forward to a few days away. I just hope to get everything done here today before we leave. Busy day. But thank God I am doing it sober instead of hungover. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful trip Biddy!

I left work early yesterday to travel to a volleyball tri match with my daughter. It was a long day, but, so nice to spend time with her, and her friends.

I hope to accomplish some fall cleaning at home this weekend. I am hoping I maintain
my motivation
Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I will be grilling burgers and dogs tomorrow for a crowd of probably close to 10,000 at a multi-state cross country event. I start at 7 am and will probably go until 5. As I type this I realize my legs are probably going to hurt from standing all day.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hi. Having a blast in Ithaca. It is absolutely gorgeous here! Went for a 5 mile hike yesterday to some beautiful waterfalls. My legs are a little sore today though. Just a nice relaxing time. Alcohol is all around out here though. This is huge wine country and my wifes sister and her husband love to go out and sip wine, etc. So we go with and I just dont drink. They have really good "ginger beer" here. Like a ginger flavored soda. So I sip on that out of a frosty mug and they have their drinks. Works out well.

Anyways, just wanted to check in. Have a great week friends.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi all...

Zebra, my goodness that is alot of grilling to do!!!!!!!Let us know how it all goes. I take it your daughter is running in the meet?

Bdiddy, you are in beautiful country up there, enjoy your trip!

Funny thing, if I was around wine, sipping was never anything I was interested in. I wanted to DRINK, hahaha
Old 10-11-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I hear ya Anew. I don't want to "sip" either. haha. We just got back from an afternoon drive around a bunch of lakes here. Vineyards all over the place. We stopped at a couple of them and my wife and her sister and her husband did some wine tasting. I ate cheese. They guy pouring wine asked if I was tasting, and I told him I don't drink. He said you don't have to drink to taste. I laughed and said I don't taste, I get drunk. Then he laughed.

Absolutely beautiful though. Have a great week friends.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good for you bdiddy for not drinking the wine when visiting a vineyard. I know I wouldn't have drank it either since I don't like wine. However, if it was beer tasting in some location like Germany that might be a bit more of a challenge.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey All!

I know that it's been awhile since I last posted. Just wanted everyone to know that I'm doing well. Whoever said your second year of law school is better than the first was a LIAR! I've been crazy busy with school, but sober....so that's pretty great. Also, got to go to ACL festival a few days ago with some of my friends from Texas! Had a blast and got to see some family in the area...absolute bliss.

Hopeful to hear more updates about bubba...i have so much hope for her journey.
hugs and love, scout
Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I'm home. Tired, sober. Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi there August friends...

I hope this finds everyone doing well and enjoying life.

Another week is almost over, what has everyone been up to???
Old 10-14-2010, 08:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Back to work, staring at a stack of stuff on my desk. Not wanting to do it, but know it needs to be done. Oh the joys of coming home from vacation.

But it is good to be home. I am down one Blackberry as my sister in laws Rottweiler ate it. And their beagle ate my sock. But other than that, all was good. Upstate NY is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen! Especially this time of year with all of the colors.

This weekend marks the opening day of pheasant season in SD. We have a large family hunt this Saturday like we do every year. I am not a huge pheasant hunter, but it is always good to get together with so much family and do some hunting. The "men" go hunting and the women hang out in the house. Then we come back and we all have lunch in a big barn. Everyone brings something to eat, pot luck style. I love it. Just good to get out and be next to nature, as I love that.

I also hope that all is well with everyone. Life sure is great sober.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:11 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Life is good, but very hectic. No thoughts of drinking. Last year about this time I had a slip which I remember well. I'm so glad that's not going to happen this year.

I'm exhausted. I have so many problems to deal with at work, but I managed to hire some great people in the past couple of months which helps to solve the issues of the day. I'm also playing a lot of tennis which helps me release some stress. I'm playing on the men's travel team this year. Last fall I remember watching these guys practice and thinking to myself, "wow, these guys are good." Now I'm playing with them. I played well Wednesday night at practice, then last night in my league I played even better. It was fun.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:04 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

hi everyone, been a long time between posts.. so havent caught up.

will though slowwly

still sober here 210 days!
Old 10-16-2010, 12:12 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

hiya Kate

D
Old 10-16-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Welcome back Kate. Congrats on your sober time.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:34 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

thanks guys
Old 10-18-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Kate, good to see you here again. 210 days, nights, weekends and holidays, you go girl!

Well, I spent 12 hours Saturday traveling to, and watching a volleyball tournament. My daughters team beat the number one team in the state. It was such a thrill to see them so excited. Last year this time is when I had slipped. Although I was present at her tournaments, I was there. This year, I am there. I am not fighting a hangover, or feeling shame or guilt or regret. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to try this sober living "thing" one more time.

This time around, I am amazed with the contentment I feel. I think it is because I am finally not only accepting life on lifes terms, but, I am embracing it, and it feels good.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Anew, you are just an awesome example of what sobriety can do for a person. We should all aspire to be like you. Thank you for what you do for all of us. And tell your daughter congrats for me. I would say since they beat the #1 team, they are now the new #1 team.