Notices

90 Days and Under Part 3

Old 12-16-2010, 10:59 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi all,

If you get a chance, here's is the post I mentioned:

It was posted yesterday, by Clifty2, on the Newcomers to Recovery thread. It's title is "Found this today and thought i'd share.... The Awakening"

Hope that makes sense,

speak later,
Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Well done on 40 days, IALF.

I hear 8 inches of snow is heading your way!!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, all I'd like to say today is thanks for this thread. It is comforting to know that others are going through this process with me. Chloe, that not drinking forever thing has really hounded me from the day I quit. But it seems to be getting a little farther away with each day (I hope). One minute, one hour, one day at I time.Have a blessed day everyone.

Coop
Old 12-17-2010, 05:02 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good morning everyone! Another of the biggest rewards for my staying sober is the excellent care I now give my beloved dogs. No more late meals and missed walks. Their routine goes smoothly and is reflected in their happy healthy life. I love being a good dog-mom!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
No more late meals and missed walks. Their routine goes smoothly and is reflected in their happy healthy life. I love being a good dog-mom!
During the first 2 weeks my dog, Orson, must have wondered what hit him. Everytime I felt a withdrawal symptom coming on it was off on another walk!! I have settled back down a bit now, thankfully.

40 days tomorrow.

Have a great weekend gang.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:36 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Hope the week has gone well, and we're all starting the weekend strong.

I'm really enjoying this Advent season, it seems to have more meaning for me this year than in previous years. I hope this feeling lasts!

Speak tomorrow,
love to all
Old 12-17-2010, 03:35 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
back again 11/09/2011

Hiya! In about 25 minutes I'll finish day 30 so I don't technically belong here, but I wanted to pop in and say hello! Just back from (the second this week) Christmas dinner party – and no wine, just iced water and it felt great to not need wine to make the meal taste good!!!!!
Looking forward to getting to know everyone and it’s great to ‘see’ some familiar faces. Have a great weekend guys
Old 12-17-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Welcome, Zuri! It's always fun to move up to a new thread.

NAT, I did a lot of walking while detoxing too. It helped with the restlessness and got my mind off the discomfort!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hey Zuri! It's good to see you again. Congrats on the 30 days!

NAT and WTS, I've been doing a little dog walking lately myself. The best part of it is that we have two dogs, so I get to walk with my daughter also. It's just nice to be a Dad again in the evenings.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:07 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Ok everyone, my "Seven weeks to sobriety" book has arrived from Amazon. I actually ordered it from the UK about a month ago but the courier companies here in Italy dont seem to understand about me needing it "during" the first 7 weeks, not "after" 7 weeks!

Anyway, I ordered it back when I was looking for a panacea. "Take these 3 vitamin pills and everything will be back to normal like it was 15 years ago, sort of thing". I have only had a brief look at it but it looks to be quite a bit more than simply a "nutrition" book. I will report back when I have had a more in depth look.

Christmas is going to be quite a big hurdle next week (and then New Year) but, if our American friends can safely make it through Thanksgiving, then there are no excuses.

Have fun over the weekend.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:15 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good morning all,

NAT, day 40 today! I think Orson deserves a atleast prime place on the sofa for helping to support you through this. I can still visualise the "incident" up in the mountains, Orson waiting patiently for your yowl, then just going for it himself, priceless.

Zuri, great to have you with us again!

We're moving forward, but our canine, and feline friends will always be one step ahead, wondering what all the fuss is about.

Have a great day everyone, I'm blessed to part of this community,
Old 12-18-2010, 05:21 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Welcome Zuri..congrats on 30 it's great to see you here.

Nat- the BIG 40!!! way to go my man. It seems like yesterday we were all pumped up to get through the under 14 thread. Way to go!

This is a huge couple of weeks for all of us. No worries though cause I know with a little help from my friends....We got this!!!

Have a great Saturday everybody.

Day 37
Old 12-18-2010, 05:21 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Welcome Zuri. Well done on 30 days!! I think there will be a couple of others graduating here from the "under 30" club in the next few days as well.

Originally Posted by Iamlivingfree View Post
NAT, day 40 today!
Thanks, IALF. It will be 6 weeks for you tomorrow. Starting to be classed as habitual, me thinks? It is almost a permanent celebration.

Originally Posted by Iamlivingfree View Post
I think Orson deserves a atleast prime place on the sofa for helping to support you through this
Yes, you are probably right but, since Orson is over 50 kgs, the one place he is definitely NOT allowed is on the sofa!!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Best not mention the cricket, in case NAT's listening!,

Hope everyone's having a great weekend, things are sober and clear-headed here!,

Speak tomorrow,
Old 12-18-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 40 days NAT
D
Old 12-18-2010, 05:57 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Hi all!

Congrats goes out to NAT for 40 days!

Zuri!

Day 48 for me. Trying to stay focused on getting through the next 2 weeks. Wondering why I chose the hardest time (the holidays) to get sober. But on the upside, I know that if I can survive the holidays sober I can survive just about anything else that comes my way.

Going in search of inspirational words to boost my determination....
Old 12-18-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to you too Chloe

D
Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 6 weeks, Iamlivingfree.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:18 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

6 weeks feels great!

"Wondering why I chose the hardest time (the holidays) to get sober. But on the upside, I know that if I can survive the holidays sober I can survive just about anything else that comes my way" - Chloe.

Chloe, I had thought the same thing a while ago, but now i'm thinking "thank goodness I chose to do this, THIS year, 2010, the year of BIG possitive change in my life". 2010 has a much better ring about it than 2011, don't you think?

Anyway, we''ll crank through the holidays together, and be grinning at our success on New Years day.

Have a great day all,
Speak later.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:57 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on your progress IALF!

D