Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group Pt 3

Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Okay, I just read that it's 113 degrees in LA? That's insane!!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Yep 113 had the air on all day still 80 degrees in house. Just couldn't keep up. So glad the suns going down. Crazy hot day.

Fever all gone today Laura, Thank God!

Good job today Laura.

Have a good night all.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:56 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's gotten really humid here too Beth - 80 something here too...used to it tho

D
Old 09-27-2010, 08:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Dee, Humidity is b---! Hope your having a good day! Luv ya!!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:13 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good morning all. It is 6am here and I am exhausted. I thought DD was all better but she woke up at 5:30 am screaming with a cough. So I got out the vicks and some natural cough syrup. This is her first cold. I am sure 1 of 100's.
It's going to be one of those days. Coffee time.

Have great day.

DAY 36
Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

If it makes you feel any better, Beth, I have had the day from hell and it's not even 10:00 yet. Don't ask. Let's just say stressful morning with the kids. Now I'm trying to get my butt in gear in and get into the office, with a stop at the bank on the way (more problems to deal with).

Sometimes life is NOT fun. Ugh. Gotta get through this rough patch. On top of it all, I really hate Tuesdays. Tuesdays are like my Mondays -- and my busiest days.

Maybe it will feel better to get all that off my chest. The day can only get better... or one can hope!

I am on Day 13 which is pretty darn close to my all time high. I have no desire to go back. My head aches when I think of what I put myself through.

Better times ahead... let's hope
Old 09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hope it gets better Laura. I actually got a break. She went back to sleep for 3 hrs, so i went back to bed also. Still tired and grumpy though. But so Grateful to be sober and well, so I can handle life's surprises.

So very cool your almost there!!!!

Hey Lyddie, Jasper, HFA, Angela and Dee hope thing are going your way today!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

One more thing TJ, I wish I was working! I need a break from baby world. So ready to go back to school. Doesn't start till January. May take some online classes. Waiting to see if I got student loans. Hope your day gets better. It will probably end up being a great day, thats usually how it goes after the day starts bad
Old 09-28-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, I'm good. The day did get better, you were right Beth. Kind of a hectic day, though --- had a strange sort of vibe. Work was pretty busy and good.

I'm wiped out, so will keep this brief. Day 13 is done. Day 14 already? Wow. Hope everyone is good. Here's to Wednesday!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Alright Laura!! Almost.....
If you didn't drink when talking to X, and you didn't drink before talking to parents, and you didn't drink after a hectic day chances are you just may be learning to handle things on your own! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

DD is better but still is congested. Made X watch her while I went to the grocery store. I made a low carb pumpkin pie and after thats done i am making a low carb cheesecake!

Fun Fun! Honestly though if I don't get something sweet in me I may kill someone! LOL!

Decent day no complaints!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I am a little overwhelmed with chores - both work and personal - working on remembering to take each chore one at a time and to not fret about the never ending to do list. But all of this is very minor really.

Laura - sounds like you are really going to make it to your personal best tomorrow. That's great.

Beth - hope your DD is feeling better. Poor little baby.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:20 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good morning guys. I'm good. Day 14. This is a tie for all time best for me.

I have not really been tempted to drink at all. However, I am struggling with the "forever" nature of not drinking. Like I don't want to drink today, but haven't decided that this is a forever thing. Does that make sense?

I'm headed to work today. Maybe yoga tonight. I'm working on my diet as well and cutting out junk food. Lots going on here.

My daughter and I got in a fight this morning, so my nerves are shattered a bit. She missed the bus all 3 days this week and I'm furious. I have to drive her to school, I have two other kids to deal with (my au pair helps with them, thankfully) and I have to get ready for work. She is taking no responsibility for herself and it makes me furious. I have started a motivation plan for her to make the bus everyday that involves positive and negative rewards. So just ugh. That's all I have to say on that.

Off to work now..
Old 09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Laura it looks like your really being tested. You'll get through it. Crazy morning you had. As far as not drinking forever you honestly can't look at it that way. You have to just wake up and make the decision each day. The thing is drinking is just going to put you back at day 1 cause you'll never wake up and say hey that was soo great. I feel so wonderful today. Your going to wake up miserable. Eventually you'll figure it out for good. Like what's the point? Same story same ending. Not that my puny little 37 days makes me an expert.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:06 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hey Lyddie,Jasper,Dee,HFA and Angela!

Lyddiie, Tomorrow is the big 90! You'll have to tell us how it feels.

I have a ton of chores to do also. Ugh it's so hard to get anything done with a baby. It can be very frustrating.

DAY 37
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

"...nothing in the past is as powerful as what we choose to do in the present moment." - Louise Hay
Old 09-29-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey TJ

I know some folks pooh pooh the idea but for me it still really helps to think that the only day I can do anything about is today. Forever is just a concept.

I wake up every day and remake my commitment to sobriety.

It helps me remember that even tho I'm something like 3 and half years sober, I'd be back to square one if I make a bad choice today....it's still a current issue - it's not something in the past.

D
Old 09-29-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks for the thoughts, Dee and Beth. Yes, I feel badly that I can't commit to sobriety forever, and maybe that's what's tripping me up. I am committing to it today, and that is all I can do. I know I want to sleep well tonight and feel good tomorrow. so that's what I'm doing. Your words about it were helpful, so thanks. I somehow get the feeling that everyone has all this settled in their mind and I'm the only one who hasn't, so it's nice to know it can be a one day at a time thing.

Had a really crazy day at work -- things are busy and we're a little short staffed so it's been busy for me. That's all good, though. I need the work, I need the money. We're supposed to have a tropical storm here tomorrow, so I might work from home. I hate being out when the weather's bad and there's supposed to be heavy rains and flooding, so how cool would that be to work from my cozy house with my dog by my side? Ah, I'm loving it already. Kids off to school and I stay home.

So Day 14 is over (I had dinner already) and that means I made it to 15 -- an all time record!!! Just say a little prayer for me that I don't self-destruct tomorrow

Good night everyone....(or morning!)
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Oh Thank God TJ I was starting to worry. Well I will save my congrats for tomorrow. I miss the rain.. It never rains here.
Anyway ya done good Sista!!
Sleep well
Old 09-30-2010, 05:43 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning! I am glad I'm not drinking. You are so right, Beth. I will never wake up the morning after drinking (even a couple glasses) and say, "WOW! I feel great! I'm so glad I drank last night!" What a joke. I have re-committed myself to sobriety this morning. I hope I don't get into that way of thinking again. My mind is a dangerous thing!

So I am on Day 15!!! YAY!!!! All time record. In all the time I've been here (SR) since June 2009. That is amazing. Thanks SR. Eventually this stuff sinks in. Can't believe how many phases I have been through in order to get here. I'm sticking with this.

I'm in a good mood today. It's a rainy day. I like that. My kids are off at school. I will work from home today. My job allows me that flexibility. No point in wasting a couple hours of commuting time today. Well I must get to work.

Day 15 .... Woo hoo!!!!!

Lyddie... Day 90? How goes it?!! Beth how are you today? Jasper should be back soon. HFA, you are doing well? Angel, where are you?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Laura - Congratulations on getting past Day 14. I found that after 21 days, things got a bit easier so hopefully the next week for you will be less of a struggle.

Start of Day 90. My life is so much better and all that happened was that I quit drinking. It's amazing how much a difference that has made. I don't know how I feel yet - haven't quite woken up - lol!. But thank you Beth, Laura and Dee - you have all helped so much. I wouldn't have made it without your help. It's been 90 days since I threw away those two empty wine bottles that I wrote GoodBye on.