Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group Pt 3

Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Laura you sound really good! Work sounds like it's starting to get better for you too! Hawaii sounds like fun! Do you get to bring your kids? I wish i could give you advice(not that you asked lol) on the ex but I think when it comes to relationships we all do what were going to do in the end. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

Had an uneventful day. I am taking one of my cats to vet tomorrow morning, I think it may be serious. I've had her for 11 years. Praying she will be ok.

Day 59
Old 10-21-2010, 07:52 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Laura - I hope this can be the start of a new chapter for you
I hope things go well with your cat, Beth

D
Old 10-21-2010, 08:23 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Thanks again, Dee, and I'll say a little prayer for your cat, Beth. I'm an animal lover. I cherish the time with my little dog -- he's just a joy. And I'm trying to cherish the time with my kids as well.... they are truly wonderful but sometimes that gets lost in the chaos for me. I must enjoy each day as it comes.

Re: ex boyfriend, Beth, you would not be the first to tell me to forget about him and move on. Many of my friends have tried to counsel me on this. I get loads of advice. But as you pointed out, when it comes to matters of the heart, you can't tell yourself or someone else what to do/feel. Or you can try, but it's a bit futile. It has to play itself out. In my mind, the relationship is over. In my heart it's not. But I'm dealing okay with it. And I have faith that it will all work out as it should.

I'm trying a new approach to the not drinking thing, but it's a bit more private and personal, so I'm not talking about it much. I'm counting, but doing it privately. I don't want to set myself up for a big fall. Everything's a lot more low key. I'm happy with my progress and have made some new connections on here in the secular group. I have my friend from high school who is keeping tabs on me by texting me every night and making sure I'm okay. I don't mind that, in fact I like that someone cares enough about me to do that.

I've got a really busy day tomorrow and over the weekend, but going to try to find time to enjoy the quiet moments and the good moments that come up. Take care everyone.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Oh yes, and re: Hawaii... my kids are NOT coming with me. Can you believe that? Just me alone on a trip to Hawaii. It's a work trip, but it sure is a fun work trip. Only a moderate amount of work will be done/discussed and the rest is fun. Which reminds me... last year at this time I had 14 days sober and went on the same meeting/trip which was in Orlando and ended up drinking the really nice wines they had set up at our company dinner. I didn't get smashed, but the next night we had our big company reception for our clients and I got a little tipsy there. I don't want to do that again. So I won't. Period.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:47 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good Morning.

Beth - Hope the cat is ok. I am impressed with your cleanse results.

Laura - Stay strong with your new plan. Hawaii sounds divine.

I have been suffering from I don't want to work itis this week. I left work early yesterday afternoon and just read a mystery novel while sitting on the couch. No TV, no music, no internet. It helped a bit but I am still wishing for a long period of peaceful quiet away from whatever - just away.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a good weekend all - night from me

D
Old 10-22-2010, 08:52 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

See ya later, Dee!

I'm optimistic today.

This is in spite of the fact that my daughter is being *very* difficult. I don't want to go into the details, but it's been stressful for me. No one ever said parenting would be easy. And it's not.

Still, I'm optimistic. It's a nice fall day and I'm sober .. my head is clear and I'm going for a run.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:22 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hey all just got back from Vet 500.00 later. The vet thinks it may be her thyroid but won't know anything till tomorrow, after blood work comes back. I am optimistic. Day 7 of cleanse and am doing ok today, I am tired because I didn't sleep well last night. My x and I are not getting along. He annoys the hell out of me. He takes offense to everything. Oh well one day I will be free.

So I have 60 days today, pretty cool I guess. Feels like many more but maybe thats because I started in June with 23 days and had a few weeks in between.

Sure could use a cheeseburger and a glass of wine right now! LOL.

Anyway thank you all for the well wishes for my cat. Means a lot.

TJ my daughter is going through a obstinate stage right now too. She has mastered the art of tantrums. I feel you!

Lyddie, Try to have a good day it's half over now! Then the weekend.

Shoei, I hope your return back to work goes well. I know you love what you do so I am sure you are ready to go back. Be safe mate.

HFA, hows the back corner panel of car(did I get that right?) going? Are you all buff now? LOL

Dee, sleep well.

Have a good weekend all.

DAY 60
Old 10-22-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on the 60 Beth - watch those fantasies tho...you & I know it wouldn't be just one glass of wine...probably not just one cheeseburger either at the moment LOL

D
Old 10-22-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, all good here. I have neither drank or eaten. Pretty proud of myself. I still have 3 days on Cleanse but may go longer depending on how I feel. Alcohol isn't even an option to me anymore, just like the thought of it sometimes. Fantasyland.

I have had a looong day,am going to chill now. I hope everyone is enjoying their night.

Check ya later

DAY 60
Old 10-23-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Good Morning/afternoon/night. Got the call from vet and it looks like my cat has hyperthyroidism, which is treatable. Thank God! She will be on med her whole life but she will be fine. So life for me is good. I have a Psychiatrist appt at 1pm. Same one I see every month for scripts. I take ambien. It's about an 45 min drive, but I like the time spent in car. So I guess thats it. Day 8 of Cleanse 61 of sobriety. Life is looking good!

DAY 61
Old 10-23-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

OK I don't mean to nag, but - think carefully about going over time with the cleanse Beth - I presume it's a set time for a reason...

D
Old 10-23-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm going to have to side with Dee on this one. Anything can be taken too far (as we all know too well)... dieting included!

Very happy to hear the good news about your cat, Beth. You must be very relieved.

I had an unusual day. Started out rather calmly and I went to an AWESOME yoga class. Came out feeling very good and like I was coasting through this sobriety thing.

Later in the day, I found a stray kitten while walking my dog. The kitten was crying and seemed very needy and scared. I was unable to walk away from her, and got myself entangled with trying to find out if she had a home. Turns out she did not, so.... long story short, we ended up taking her to the animal shelter. This was after feeding her a big bowl of tuna fish and hanging out with her with my kids for a while. They got very attached to her; I tried not to.

I would have kept her myself except for the fact that I have a dog who goes wild when he sees cats. My life would be miserable if I took her in and I don't think it would work. She would be scared and hiding from him all the time and Cody (my dog) would just be nutso and it would probably take weeks or months for the situation to calm down. And you know that would probably put me over the edge with 3 kids, a job, and an already busy life. So I had to say no, sadly. And I tried to get my ex-husband to take her for the kids, but he said no. She she is safe at a shelter ... I was very worried she wouldn't make it on her own outside - either getting hit by a car or having no food, etc. I pray that she gets a good home. I made one last pitch to my ex to take her, but I don't know if it will happen. I doubt it

My daughter flipped out with this and cried all afternoon. It was rough. I actually thought about drinking, but sorted out the feelings and knew that I really did not want to drink. What I really wanted was to escape what was going on. I thought it through and decided that alcohol wasn't going to solve this problem. And I didn't even have a craving or anything, so I was able to think it through.

I'm okay tonight. My Swiss ex contacted me again tonight and the fact that I'm not drinking really changes the landscape. I can't explain it, but it's more like we are on equal grounds instead of me being the needy one all the time and him having all the power. I know this doesn't make sense to anyone and it hardly even makes sense to me. But it's good that he no longer triggers me to drink and not drinking is making me a stronger person with him. Alcohol weakens us overall.

I'm going to try to relax a bit after the busy day. Two of my three kids are with my Mom and Dad tonight having a sleepover. It's sooooo quiet with just one!

Enjoy the night (day?) everyone!
Old 10-24-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Well I'm off to work tomorrow for three weeks. I will try and get back to this site when I have a day off and can get to an internet cafe. It's been a good three week break for me, feeling pretty solid in my sobriety thanks in a large part to all of you. Also had some laughs, perticularly with you TJ. So keep up the good work everyone and look forward to getting back here soon.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:57 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

We look forward to your return Shoei! Thanks for the laughs as well

I'm doing well today. Just up with my son. Trying to figure out the plans for the day. I'm feeling rather solid myself even though I don't have as many 'days' as you all. Nice to feel I'm on the right track for once. I think it takes running into walls a few times to get on the right path. I will keep doing what I'm doing.

Hope everyone else is well today!
Old 10-24-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Morning all, just starting my day. Glad to see your doing so well TJ. Shoei have a great 3 weeks at work. Thanks for the concerns Dee and TJ but you could do this cleanse up to 40 days. Doubt I can go that long.
I am thinking about going to church today I have so much to be grateful for. I don't know we'll see. I am def going for a walk today with DD it is Beautiful out already! Enjoy.

Oh and sorry about the kitten situation yesterday TJ i know that was hard.

DAY 62
Old 10-24-2010, 04:23 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Just got home from visiting some friends who live up the coast for the weekend. Nice to get away and now its nice to be back home. We went to a bbq yesterday afternoon. It was my first party without alcohol. So there were moments of wishful thoughts but I had let my friends know before I arrived that I had quit drinking which made it easier.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I'm hanging in. Had another strange day. It wasn't all good or bad but a wild mix of it all.

The kitten is still a factor. My parents are losing patience with my daughter (they visit a lot) and I have a lot more patience and understanding of her than they do. Sigh... getting caught in the middle.

More stuff going on with ex boyfriend. Just the usual, though he baffles me. He's going to Brazil in a couple weeks and I know he won't bring his computer (he'll be kite surfing) so there will be a stretch of time coming up when I don't hear from him. He has been in touch with me on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is very strange.

I did not drink over any of this.

I'm trying to teach my daughter yoga. I think she will like it and I think it will help with her anxiety/over emotionalism. Also flexibility and strength. My kids are really cute and like to "practice" yoga with me at times... we did some poses together tonight.

So it's another day in paradise -- wait isn't that your line Beth?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:31 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I am so glad this day is over! Yuck! Longest day in history too. God I pray tomorrow is better. I think it's the Cleanse, it's starting too **** me off. lol. I can't stand my X! I have to find a way out of here.

Sorry I don't know what's wrong with me. Just a very emotional day. Tomorrow is day 10 of cleanse. If I decide to end it and not continue, I can say I successfully Mastered the Master Cleanse. I have no idea how I have gotten through it a couple of the days. Today I have been starving feeling. I think I just miss chewing food, it's been 9 days without chewing. Weird. I have lost 10 pounds though, so we shall see tomorrow if I decide to continue. I still say alcohol was much harder to give up though.

Anyway enough about the damn cleanse already.

Lyddie, I am glad you got out with friends sounds like fun. Good going on not giving in.

TJ, I think the more sober you get the stronger you are. Big difference in your self confidence this week over last. I love it! Tell the X to go fly a kite. LOL

Hi Dee

Hi HFA

Hi Shoei

Oh yea baby just another day in paradise! (Laura)

Good night and good riddance to this Day!

DAY 62
Old 10-25-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

It's a new day, Beth!

I'm drinking my coffee and off to yoga soon. I have to do the groceries and deal with a pile of paperwork at home. Lots of other stuff to deal with, but can only knock off a few things per day. Mental and physical health comes first ... yoga here I come!