Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 43

Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Have learned yet again how powerful prayer is...thank you wonderful whiners for yours!

Am back home with good news...the spot on sis' scan is very likely scarring from 5 previous pneumonias, along with second-hand smoke, coughs, colds, and simple age that leave their "mark" on the lung(s).

They're going to rescan in 3 months to be sure the nodule hasn't grown or changed...but whew!

I don't do well with important things that I know little or next to nothing about....makes for an anxious whiner.

My prayers going out for everyone involved in frustrating processes, bureaucracies, tests, spilled coffee grinds, bad monitors, peeing pups, fleas that won't flee, and well...life in general!

And with my thanks again! a whine must follow...I left some project paperwork on the floor while I was away. Raven converted it to bedding.

He's always liked to shred paper, any kind of paper, if it's on the floor...not on tables or desks, etc...he must've learned it from his days as a stray outside. Had I known, I would've named him Shredder.

Bad news: gotta re-assemble the project paperwork (thankfully saved on computer, but a pain).

Good news: he could save me a $ bundle on an office shredder machine; with no jamming problems!

Eureka! Nice kitty...
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So glad to hear the good news about your sister! I'm relieved that you're relieved!

I went to Best Buy to look at a new monitor but was disappointed that they are all wider than they are tall. My current one is 12" high and 15" wide, the new one was 15" wide but only 9" high, so I didnt' get it. Will have to save money to get a bigger one when this one conks out for the last time... so far it's working cause I turn it off when not in use and then it seems to work better... so far...

And I will go over to mom's and ask for her car keys until her driving test is scheduled. I'm sure she'll refuse so then I'll have to disconnect her battery cable so she CAN'T drive. She'll be mad but still alive and not capable of hurting herself or anyone else, and that's what counts. I need a support group NOW but it doesn't meet but once a month and it's already met this month so will have to wait another month!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I got my monitor on e-bay. It's refurbished, but I've had it now for a couple of years and it's still just like new.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

the new monitors usually have an adjustable neck to make them taller...or you could buy it a little booster seat which usually has a drawer too...or use a dictionary, phone book.

I just measured mine it is 19" wide and 18" high but i have the neck pulled all the way up.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Least, I used to get frustrated at my mother too, until I finally realized that she was doing the best she could and that it was time for some care for her. My mother wasn't feisty, but she'd just do whatever I asked her not to do after I left...she really forgot that I asked her not to do it.

And she lied about retesting when in fact her license was suspended because she didn't. She had a small accident that did a fair bit of damage to her car (small injuries to herself and none to others), so we got the doctor to tell her she couldn't drive anymore and she seemed to accept that.

I couldn't "fix" my mama, and I doubt that you can fix yours (said with tons of love in my heart), so maybe it's time to look at "the next right thing" for her.

I have no good whines today, so I will hand out the tissues, nod appropriately at others' whines, and hand out hugs to anyone who needs some. Service work in WA helps me stick with the program.

Hugs to all the whiners and their pets and mamas today.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

No it was the actual monitor screen that wasn't tall enough to suit me, so will just save my money and get a bigger one when I can afford it. Until then my neighbors have one I can borrow if/when this one dies for real.

I went to mom's but she refused to turn over her car keys, insisting she's fine and crying and sulking and putting her hands over her ears like a five year old. I lost my temper and raised my voice and then just left. I tried to disable her battery but couldn't find her garage door opener so couldn't do anything to her car, will try in a few days) She wouldn't give the keys to brother either so I've decided to just ignore her for a few days and see what happens. I won't call her or go over there unless she calls me and wants my company... which she will when she forgets how much she hates me... Until then I'll just stay out of her way.

THis is depressing me to see her going downhill so quickly and denying it the whole time she's sliding downhill... God, if I get like that I hope someone just shoots me and puts me out of everyone else's misery...
Old 08-24-2010, 03:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad things are ok HB.

I agree with Ann least - don't forget she's ill, not defiant for the sake of it....maybe it is time to look at the next best thing for your mom...and get your siblings in on this too.

D
Old 08-24-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

No internet for 2 days, still don't have an explanation from our ISP, Mediacom. I missed so much here - again. Didn't even get to be concerned or pray for anyone, but I will now.

P.S. Haven't seen Bam in awhile...hope she's alright.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:01 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I was wondering the same thing myself today... Putting out an APB for

BAMBOOZLE

Please come visit us, I miss you!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

mama prayers out least, for you too!

and least, dont wait for the other shoe!

it'l get you nerved up!

ohoh, as queeny mentioned,

i have one of those unfixable mam's too!

bless her controling little heart!

Hev
maybe we can flush out bam!
Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Re: computers, monitors and other electronics...there's a huge push to recycle these devices to keep them out of landfills because they're toxic hazardous waste.

"...About 40% of the heavy metals, including lead, mercury and cadmium, in landfills come from electronic equipment discards...just 1/70th of a teaspoon of mercury can contaminate 20 acres of a lake, making the fish unfit to eat."

There are many companies who will recycle these electronics for you to keep them out of landfills.

Some also repair and resell computers and monitors from donated parts.

This link lists companies by state (US, Canada, elsewhere) that do this.

Computer Recycling - Computer Monitor Recycling

Least, it may be worth a call or email to the one in your state...they could be a good source of info on where you might get a refurbished monitor for less $$ and/or how to recycle your existing one...just a thought..?

Link above could be useful reference info for other whiners who have technology dump needs in the future too.

It's good to be green...
Old 08-24-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

I think Bam and Isis ran away and joined the circus..

Bring the show to Whiner-ville, Bam! We miss you!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
To Life!

Least,
Please talk to your mom's doctor. S/he can speak to the license people, and have her license removed. That way, you will not be involved, (in any way that she would know, at least), and her ability to drive would be at an end.

The state took away my own mom's license. She had a handicapped driver's sign. And the doc had to fill out the form for why she needed it for the state. As a direct result, she got a notice from the state saying they took away her right to drive. Ironically, although she was in a wheelchair, she was disappointed. She still thought that she would one day drive again....

I hope you'll check into it anyway. She is sick. It won't help to get mad. She can't help what she's doing, dear woman....

Had a very nice evening tonight with my two brothers, and their wife/girlfriend. They came for dinner. Nice company, food, dessert. Only thing wrong was the weather. Cold and wet! This dang nor'easter just won't stop! But, we did eat in the patio. They *loved* it too! LOL! Everyone is just impressed with what I've done to dress it up. If I can't get the hang of taking pics and putting them online, I promise, I'll get a friend to do so, and get them online in order to show you all.

Oh, and counselor called the secretary from hell today. Secretary began interrupting her and arguing with her right away, too, as soon as she said my name! Said that the doc wouldn't "sign me out for disability" again! ARGGG!!!

Counselor was in command, and firmly stated that wasn't the issue; that a Sept 14th date for a letter was FAR too late for my needs; that the doctor could write up what was known as of now; and if there was a concern about my disability with the DOCTOR, she, (that doc, not the secretary from hell), could certainly take it up with my PCP doc!
Well, that was the end of *that* conversation! LOL! And counselor told me after that she was *clearly* unhappy with her job, and it was *all* about *her* not me.
I wonder what it will be like when I have to go to the next appointment??? Yikes! :>(

Anyway, have a whiny night, all. It's time for bed. Going to see the chiropractor early tomorrow, then a union meeting about displaced teachers at 10.
Good night, all!

Shalom!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
To Life!

HB,

I'm SOOOOOO very happy about your sis!!!
G*D is good!
And sometimes, good things come through...

Shalom, my friend!
Shalom!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:50 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

'Morning Whiners.

I'm in and out in a flash this morning....car maintenance day...could be the makings of a whine for later

Always remember....Whiners are Winners!! :day6

Psssstttt...I could swear I saw Bam right behind one of those elephants.

LOOK OUT BAM! Oops, too late. Whose got the broom?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:44 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Had a nice phone call from my dad last night. He made a suggestion as to a solution for mom's situation that may work out well if both parties agree to it. It involves dk living with mom and doing chores for her, such as cleaning and laundry and overseeing her med-taking, in exchange for free housing so she can save up money for her own place. I am going to ask her about it today. It may be a good solution for both of them...

Dad also said that he is sending me the money needed for a new monitor! He knows how important my world-on-my-desk is to me (and to my sobriety) and will send me what I need to get a new one. I am SO GRATEFUL for his generous offer. So far my current one is hanging on, it's working if I keep it turned off inbetween uses, but it's only a matter of time before it kicks the bucket. So good to know I can get another one as soon as this one dies. And I WILL check out that link for recycling. I'd hate to add to the electronic mess in landfills...

Went to bed with a bad headache and woke up with it but after taking ibuprofen and a cup of coffee it's going away. Have one small job today and need the money so will get it done early and have the rest of the day to myself.

Have a happy whiny day, whiners!

Teach, I've spoken numerous times to mom's doctor (he's my doctor too) and written him five letters about my concern for her situation. So far he's not done anything outside of prescribing aricept and recommending that she not drive, which she ignored. It's up to the state now, to retest her and then revoke her license when she fails the test. But the procedure leading up to a retest will take at least a month. She will not give up her car keys and vehemently denies that she has problems, so am just praying nothing bad happens to her until the retest...
Old 08-25-2010, 05:00 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi whiners! I have two pre-whines to share about tomorrow:

The plumber is returning tomorrow morning because the one of the pipes they installed with my new water heater wasn't sealed properly and began to leak.

Remember my poor lil sore/hurt thumb? I'm getting another cortisone shot into it tomorrow afternoon. owchie

It's going to be a whiney today for sure.....so after my allergy shots this am..... I'm going thrift shopping, hunting for treasures unknown.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I have missed Heavyn and Bam too...i worry about little Isis.

Least perhaps dk will drive grandmamama around?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Dk doesn't drive, never learned to drive, tho she might drive grandma nuts!

I did the only thing I can possibly do to help mom: I made a 'report' at the local police station as to her license plate number and her name and such and the fact that she was under investigation for her driving skills by the BMV and would be taking a retest in the near future. Left my phone number in case she has an accident so I'll be notified. Right now that's all I can do... so I did it.

Then renewed my library card and am now having my third cup of coffee, with the dogs begging for a biscuit... which they will get...