Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 43

Old 08-23-2010, 03:01 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ann, that is why God invented TAKE-out, speed dial for chinese?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm exhausted today. Laid down for a nap and slept nearly four hours! Now I feel tired and am having coffee to 'wake up' so may not be able to sleep tonight. Told mom the guy was coming tomorrow to spray for fleas again and to get her cats in the kitchen for the night. She didn't argue, for once, just said 'ok'. So tomorrow will be busy for a few hours...

At least the BMV called me today. Will call me tomorrow to make an appt with me and mom for next week's interviews. It's about damn time!! Now if I can just get up the energy to take care of all these things tomorrow without falling apart.

The support group for caregivers of the elderly only meets once a month and I've missed this month's meeting so will have to wait til next month... I could use some support right now...

Didn't take the monitor in to the shop today cause it was acting just fine. Then after my nap I noticed ck had left the monitor turned on and it wasn't working, it wasn't showing the desktop. Turned it off for a while and then back on and it worked. It seems to work better if I keep it turned off when not using it so will try that method until it too fails then will have to take it to the shop.

Neighbor's kid is mowing my back yard for me! I think they told him to do it for my watching their dogs during the weekdays. I have such good neighbors here. We look out for each other.

Well, I've got three dirty litter boxes to clean and a mountain of dishes to wash. I haven't felt like doing anything but must force myself to get it done, at least the boxes and the dishes.

Hugs to my whiny friends.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:14 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

thoughts and prayers out to sis HB!!!

fands,

i hope some newbs dont think Booda Clean-step Box is, Instant A.A.!!!

Mrs C,

maybe you and queeny can open a How To Save Hubby's Money Shop?

least, have you blow out the dust in the back of the monitor?

just a thought
Old 08-23-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
To Life!

Special prayers going out to the sister of HB...
And for HB too....
May this be no more than a technical error
in reading the scan.
And may your fears be eased with the
knowledge of G*D's eternal love.

Shalom!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
To Life!

I had to ask the neurologist for two letters today.
One for the jerk who's been jerking me around.
The other for the insurance company.

The insurance co. simply wants a letter stating the nature of my physical problems.
Simple enough.
The secretary was a total biotch!

"You'll have to wait. We're moving."
5 times she told me they were moving!
She kept telling me to "Wait!"
And then interrupting me repeatedly
as I *tried* to tell her what I needed.
Then told *me* to "hurry up!"

She was arguing with me about what the insurance co. asked for too!!!
And that there was "no disability" on my chart.
I explained that my PCP doc put me out on it,
when she said something about neurologist may not do it.

Anywho, you get the drift, but, she was MUCH worse....
And she finally said, ok to the letters....

But, when I got home,
She had left a message on my machine,
saying the neurologist would *not* sign me out on disability,
until *after* the EMG test on Sept 14, (because secretary
screwed up my appointment last Wednesday when I was
*supposed* to have it done!)

This was after I had TOLD her my doc had already SIGNED me OUT on disability!
She wasn't even listening at ALL!!!
She was just ARGUING!!!

I spent the afternoon crying.
Although she is not the first one who has questioned the need for this letter,
She is the only one who has been so freaking BIOTCHY! And MEAN!

And she CLEARLY did not convey my message to the neurologist correctly.
And she's the gatekeeper.
So, I don't know what to do!!!

Because, I'll *never* get to school without her letter.
Nor will the disability likely be approved without the other letter...

I'm going to my counselor tomorrow.
I hope she can do something....
Either that, or my PCP doc can....

Good night, all....

Shalom!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your sis and for you, HB.
Prayers for you too cmc - I think the world needs your input

and special 'whatever you need' prayers for everyone else too

D
Old 08-23-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Prayers for your sis and for you, HB.
Prayers for you too cmc - I think the world needs your input

and special 'whatever you need' prayers for everyone else too

D
Aw thanks, Dee...but how about some ideas???? You wanna be da PR man for the nonprof Whiner's Benevolence Foundation? The pay is the same as SR.

Thanks to all for the support, any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

My job advice is always the same sis LOL...find what you'd do for nothing, cos then the pay is always a bonus.

Of course I ended up here - doing it for nothing

D
Old 08-23-2010, 09:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
cmc

My job advice is always the same sis LOL...find what you'd do for nothing, cos then the pay is always a bonus.

D
Yep, Dee that's so true...in fact....I've btdt.

Maybe I should learn how to play the drums?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

mr cmc would like that :

D
Old 08-24-2010, 03:52 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

teach,

tell the shirt fairy to go bother another!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

D
Old 08-24-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Making my pot of coffee this morning....I dropped the coffee can and spilled it all over the floor.

Have you ever tried to clean up coffee grinds? First thing in the morning? Without any coffee in you?

Old 08-24-2010, 04:28 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

^

D
Old 08-24-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I woke up to the mess I didn't clean up yesterday: a huge pile of dirty dishes and nasty litter boxes... So will have to do them today, and I've got plenty to do otherwise, like getting mom's cats out of her house - might have to catch them first - so the guy can fumigate her house, again...

I hope and pray the damn fleas are gone for good this time... Now if the BMV will just call me today, as promised, to make appts for our 'interviews' SOON, I'd be happy.

Still have to go down to the county courthouse and ask how I apply for conservatorship/guardianship of my mom, since she needs more help than she'll admit to, or that she can understand in her dementia... sigh...

I'm tired, always tired from fighting these battles: with her, with her damn fleas, with her screwed up ideas of how things really are... I go to bed tired and wake up tired...
Old 08-24-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
cmc

G' mornin, whiners.

Have a whiny day.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well the sh!t has finally hit the fan,literally. The exterminator was just there to fumigate her house again and right after he left the BMV guy and lady came to interview her about her driving... They looked at her car and noted all the dings and dents and scratches and then she came out back to see where I was and I introduced them to her and then went home... to wait... for her inevitable hatred and expressions of betrayal and insult.

I called her and called her this morning but she didn't answer her phone even tho she was home. So I went over there and we were going to have coffee when the BMV guy called and said they were on their way so we went back to her house to wait. I had to tell her THREE TIMES who was coming and why. I had to tell her that she couldn't go back into her house for four hours cause of the spray on the floors and carpets being wet and the danger to her and the cats from walking on the wet floors/carpets. She is getting so bad but when I was explaining to her "how it is" she started to cry and yell and accused me of running and ruining her life and insulting her and blah blah blah...

They are going to call me when they're done interviewing her and I imagine they'll want to come interview me too, well come on then and do it. I want this business finished and done with.

Please keep me and my mom in your prayers cause we sure need them now...
Old 08-24-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

oh least!!! the two things going on at once are mega-stressful. You are doing what you are doing to keep your mother and the pets safe. If you didn't do this and she caused a terrible accident, you know it would be worse.

patience and deep breathing...pet the dogs to relax.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

And then to top it all off... they told her not to drive until her driving test... and as they were getting ready to leave she got into her car and drove to the restaurant to have coffee! I went down there and asked her why the hell was she driving when they'd just told her not to drive... and she said, "who told me not to drive?"

She is accusing me of ruining her life... well she ain't seen nothing yet! Brother and I are going there this evening to ask for her car keys and if she refuses to hand them over I will disconnect the battery cable so she CAN'T drive until her retest comes up... in about a month...

I am 'losing it' over this constant battle with her and her denial, paranoia, anxiety, and defensiveness. Some small part of her knows she's 'not right' but the rest of her is in deep denial over her failing memory and abilities... but the denial part is winning over her own self doubt. She and I will go round and round about this until she accepts it as fact and just gives in to my 'unreasonable' demands on her life. I am so stressed over this crap I'm feeling dizzy and half sick to my stomach...

ANd then I called the computer shop to ask for an estimate on fixing a monitor and they said they don't fix them!! IF it's failing it's replaced, not repaired!!! I am pissedoff!! What a bunch of crap!

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop... for something else bad to happen... cause I'm sure it will since everything else is falling apart...

And now little foster dog is peeing all over the house!!! I've cleaned up several pee spots this morning and am at the end of my rope over constantly finding pee all over!!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

maybe the dog senses your upset? least, it is pointless to try to reason with mom. she's frustrated and trying to maintain control because losing control frightens her almost as it does you to watch it.

if it's you and your brother, maybe you can get him to take the bad cop role for a while...she may respond better to him giving her suggestions. I agree that she shouldn't be driving, but a *broken car* absolves you from "controlling her life".

if it's any consolation, my mother gave the same responses a few years back when we tried to get her to give up driving....her accident with a broken femur did it for us.