Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 43

Old 08-21-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

love the jammies queenie,

though nanzilla cant wear them right now,

she's back at the Hospital with another butt blockage!

she has to wear the open butt jammies!

the bunnie slippers are a go though!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Diverticulitis RZ? has she kept to a strict diet? I am sorry that nanz is feeling punky and had to return to the hospital.

is the little pup adopted?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So glad you don't need a root canal, Teach!!! I just got one a few months ago that cost about $1600 by the time you add the crown in.

Guess what everyone!?! I made a huge step tonight at dinner...

if you've read my post on some of the other forums, you may know that I have a real food problem (I'm sure Teach knows this, because I remember her desperately trying to help me with this same problem a few years ago... lol). I have a hard time separating myself from starchy white carbs. I also compulsively overeat.

Well, tonight we went to hubby's favorite restaurant here in Gatlinburg, and they didn't have a single fried dish that sounded appetizing to me, without going to the kid's menu. So guess what I ordered???

-grilled chicken and shrimp combo
-wild rice
-salad bar

yeah... I *did* eat one roll and I *did* drink a soda, and I may have helped dh with desert... but ya know what? I stayed away from my trigger foods. By golly. And it made me realize that I CAN enjoy a nice dinner out without killing myself in the process. I even refused extra rolls so I would have room for my food... usually I chow down on those like they're going out of style.

Now all I have to do is mimick that the rest of the week... tomorrow's gonna be tough, because of our plans for the day, but I'm not gonna be too hard on myself b/c I am on vacation, for crying out loud... but now that I see how I feel after eating better, I'm gonna really push myself to do it again.

Wow, that sounds juvenile. But I was so proud of myself for not getting chicken fingers and french fries that I just had to share.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
To Life!

YEA LADY!!!!

Oh, you will begin to feel so much better,
And much sooner than you think you will!!!

You know,
I have been doing this nutritionist thing for a long time now,
about a year or longer,
but, I *do* cheat.
And I think it's important,
as long as it's an occassional thing and not an everyday thing.
Know what I mean?

And our body does appreciate better food.
When I overdue the junk,
Oh, does my body let me know it!!!

Keep up the good work.
If I can help in any way, please let me know.
I'm so HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

Going to bed now, whiners...
Got the fireman's clambake tomorrow!
Shalom!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks Teach! I'm sure I'll be taking ya up on that

goodnight whiners
Old 08-22-2010, 12:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

thats part of it fands,

the other part,

twisted intestines...

off to the flea
Old 08-22-2010, 03:36 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh poor Nanzilla, hope she is fixed up and feeling better today!!

And Lady, you can enjoy that vacation AND healthy food choices too...you just proved it

My whine is rain....I have a special SR visitor coming for the day...and it's raining buckets this morning. Hope it clears up by noon.

Sunday morning whines are the best kind I think.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:45 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

my whine for today is my dear sweet nephew, i love him as if he were my own....and his GF and their new beautiful baby...(we NEVER say i am a Great Aunt, because Aunt Fandy is forever young)!

My nephew was a skinny kid, a flash on the swim team and a lifeguard....he is now 30 and has gained OVER 120#, still eats like he has a metabolism of the skinny kid....he has had diverticulitis (which is why i asked aout RZ's wife's diet~no seeds, no nuts, except for her husband)...he has sleep apnea, he can fall asleep during dinner, he's always so tired....lord knows how he ever procreated!

He needs a diet intervention, he can down sugar at an alarming rate, he needs to quit smoking....I am in charge of family dinner desserts...I obsess about what to bring each time....lastly i brought a huge (attractive too) fresh fruit platter with chocolate turtles and strawberry coolwhip to dip in...a little fruit and chocolate seemed to be a good compromise...and i brought an assortment of the Keurig coffees/teas....

He ate as if he were starving! (after a big dinner and they were going to his GF's family for round 2)....the GF drank an entire bottle of red wine....she was not driving. I worry that she is going down the same road i went down....or am i being an obsessive aunt?

I would not dream of opening my mouth....just continue to bring healthy option contributions to family dinners....my next trick will be a giant ceasar salad with cranberries.

BUT, we all enjoy something special....i do these great giant scallops & shrimp wrapped in bacon that i only make on holidays!~ now i feel guilty to bring them!

is this a good Sunday food whine or what?
Old 08-22-2010, 05:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
To Life!

Special prayers of healing for nandz....
I'm so sorry, Pattee.
May she be blessed with a speedy
Refuah sheyma -- the renewal of body and spirit.

Ann,
I do hope the weather clears for you.
And stays clear for us here too.
It's dark and ominous in little Rhody today...
(lil Rhody is the nick name of RI,
also known as the Ocean State.)

But, it's the Fireman's Clambake today.
We'll be serving over 400 people today! OY!
No rain, please!!!

Whine ku:

No rain for today
Fireman's clambake is on.
Sunny skies only.

I do still need *one* root canal.
But, I don't need a *second* one.
That's what I feared because my tooth hurts so very much...
I'm living on extra strength ibprophen.
Which is *not* good for the liver.

Jerk guy from the funding place left a message for me again.
He wants documentation from my orthopedic doc, but, not my chiropractor doc.
Well, I *stopped* going to the orthopedic doc YEARS ago,
because it was *not* helping -- at all!
And the chiropractor doc *is* helping!
Guess who he's getting a letter from?
Jerk!
I'll be smiling as I hand it to him, explaining why, too.

Gotta run. Gotta feed the fish, the birds, and get ready for the day. :>)
Oh, and I *think* I've found a way to foil the squirrels from my lighthouse bird feeder! YEA!!!
I put a big light on the top, to stop them from getting the bird seed through the top. Then, I put a screen around the seed part that is slightly up, so the birds can get the seed, but, the squirrels cannot.

At first, the buggers pulled the screen right off! Grrrrrrr...
Then, I stappled it on, so, they are unable to do it again, hehehe!
I saw one of the lil buggers attempt to steal my bird's food yesterday, and turn away, disgruntled! HA!
Gotcha!
I lost alot of black oil sunflower seed to those rats with fluffy tails!
And the noisy one is really PO'd with me, LOL!

Anyway, have a whiny day, whiners!

Shalom, fellow whiners!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
To Life!

Excellent Sunday food whine, Fandy!

I do hope that your nephew and neice in law don't slide down that slippery slope. It's a dangerous ride of diabetes and alcoholism, as I know you are well aware.

But, you are dealing with it with grace and subtlety. It's the best thing you can do is to lead by example.
Kudos to you!

Shalom!
Old 08-22-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I had a "Squirrel Impossible " video, I have to search for it and post the link....it describes the squirrel's victory! starring Ann's friend Earl and Shirl......
Old 08-22-2010, 08:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Very real whine, Fands...I had some same concerns about my own family members...one who used to overeat and caused harm to his health; another (my niece) who has begun drinking wine like I had long ago.

For me, I had to take step-back and realize that it's not my job to fix people, even family members; I can only love them, let them know that I care about them, and live by a healthy and peaceful example.

I knew that if I interfered, they would likely retaliate, just as I did in my early addiction, and that would run the risk of them avoiding me.

They both know my story; they both know how I filled my own emotional void with substances and both know they can come to me at any time about theirs.

Each has on occasion; I'm happy I could be present and sober when they needed me.

It ain't easy and despite my being my niece's godmother, I had to not think I was the god in that title.

This is all just imho and experience.

Fands, you're a great aunt in the best-adjective-sense of the word!

RZ, well wishes to Nanz and the med folks caring for her (incl you)!

Teach, owwie...and ka-ching on the root canal! Enjoy the fireman bake!

Lady, congrats...successes like that are great motivators and make us feel good! good for you!

Ann, looks like rain here too for the first time in waaaay too long. May yours not dampen your day....special friends are special, rain or shine!

My whine at the moment is that I have no OCD about hand-washing, but it seems that everytime I turn around, there's another media warning about it.

Is there some campaign from the soap companies going on to boost sales that I don't about?

This is how many times I washed my hands so far today and it's not even noon. It's a wonder I have any skin left.

I filled Raven's dry food dish...some spilled out of the bag onto the floor; I picked it...we've heard about salmonella in dry pet food. What to do to avoid exposure? Wash your hands.

Cleaned out Raven's litter box. More hand-washing.

Went to my own litter box after coffee. More hand-washing.

Prepared chicken for dinner tonight. More hand-washing.

Finally, took a shower....and yes, more hand-washing.

Need to run some errands, including getting gas...recently heard about the bazillion bacteria on gas pumps...what to do? Wash your hands.

I'm going to look like a prune by 3pm.

And finally, it's begun to rain...full body wash....waaaaahhh.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
cmc

HB's whine was soooo scary....I'm headed straight for the shower.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

WELL... I've got a hellofawhine!! I've not had internet since friday night!!! And my monitor was going black on me for no reason... My neighbor was just over and fixed the whole mess! The monitor plug was loose so he plugged it in right and the router was not working so he unplugged it and plugged the modem into the computer and now all is right with my world!!!

Now I've got to get a new router, but thanks to some birthday cash I can afford to get it.

I was going crazy without my computer but now it's alright - I'm connected again! And don't need a new monitor at all! God is good to me, as well as my neighbor!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
part time member

Hugs to all...

I have a petty whine...daughter and I get home from visiting the mice and the son and Mr. LTT are complaining that I didn't wash "all" the towels and "all" the whites.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I have more worthy whines....went to visit my mother who is approaching the age of 91....she called me a b!otch????? accused me and bro. of "taking all of her $$".

sheesh...this is how i will remember my mother?....not the real person, but her advancing dementia....it drives me crazy.

Hbee thank you for the kind words....like you said i see myself in my niece-in-law...i would so desperately like to voice my opinion, but of course will never do so.

I am on a strange diet myself, craving lots of salads and vegetables....and a pastrami sandwich...(the protein of course....and it was very lean).
Old 08-22-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Will need to bring aforementioned monitor to the shop tomorrow for a diagnostic assessment as it's still going black on me over and over. Am hoping and praying it's not something expensive or irreparable... as there's no money in the budget for a new monitor... unless it's very cheap..

I had thought it was all fixed and got very depressed when it kept going black on me earlier. Then turned it off for a while and when I came back it worked?!?! I just hate that... things that only work intermittantly... can't count on 'em.

So I may be on and off until I can get this monitor crap fixed. Sheesh! First no internet and now no(t much of a) monitor...
Old 08-22-2010, 05:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Least that is ultra poopie news.....when I think of all the monitors we have at work that are perfectly fine and we discard because we get new ones lickity split....but we HAVE to discard, not allowed to purchase or take.

can i whine that i am not hungry for dinner at 8PM?....maybe a bite of ice cream?
Old 08-22-2010, 05:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

will pass them on HB, teach and queeny

time to break out the Lysol!

OMG LEAST!!!

did you have separation anxiety???

i got drenched, in my flea market parade today!
Old 08-22-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It drizzled all day here too, but it didn't dampen my fun.

I ate wayyyy too much, including cheesecake (mandatory when dining with a SR friend)....and am exhausted so heading to bed even before 9 pm.

Wonderful whines, all, tomorrow I will have a Monday whine when I have more energy.