Notices

30 Days and Under -Part 3

Old 07-31-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

30 Days and Under -Part 3

Please do continue to share here on a fresh page
Yes.... forward is the correct direction!

Here is the previous one

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2666846
Old 07-31-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Woo Hoo! Fresh page!

Day 19 winding down and feeling good. Got a late start to work because of the rain but got to work and planted 12 flats of flowers in a few hours. It was getting really hot and humid towards the end but the project is now complete!

Moving in two weeks and the fine people from work are going to help me - they are totally awesome.

Other than that, no cravings, no headaches, no nuthin! However, the "quit smoking plan" is still in the works and have to get really serious with that. I've really cut back in hopes I can ease off them completely by tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Are you a landscaper cat??? It must be great to make the world better through your work:-)

At the end of day 20. Train to the city broke down and we were stuck on the tracks for 2 hours, I did catch myself thinking that a drink would be nice for all of like two seconds, so iconcentrated on my breathing and then took a nap. Had dinner with friends, my friend A had kindly put a bottle of white wine in the fridge for me, so I got to tell her I quit.

Even though I think she would understand I said I had just gotten sick of the taste...I have seen a number of posts here where people have friends/family who just don't get it, so for now this is what I am saying.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey LaFemme - yep this year I'm a landscaper so to speak. Jack of all trades.

Anyhoo, I can relate to the "others" that just don't get it. Of course those others are the social drinkers that can stop at one or perhaps two drinks. They have NO clue what life is like being addicted to alcohol.

The response that the taste is unappealing is a good answer. Or perhaps my favorite is that I'm watching my calorie intake - that excuse should fly with anyone. I've been ashamed way to many times to say "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't have a drink with you because I'm a raging alcoholic."

ps.... I'm still one day behind you!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey cat, I thought about the calorie thing, but I could see someome saying "awww, comeon, one drink isn't gonna kill you." And then I would have to say "actually, it could".

I'm keeping you in my rear view mirror and I'm tailgating Murray and Texasnative. We've made it out of July...yeah us!
Old 08-01-2010, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 19. I was at a get-together last night where there's no direct peer pressure to drink (just the being around drinking people indirect kind), but I usually do drink at this thing, so I was a bit worried that I would forget what I'm doing - or not doing - now.

The event was in the evening, so all day and through the event, I wore a bracelet that I called my No Bracelet. It's one I usually don't wear, so I don't associate it with anything except its new name, so every time I saw it, I thought No. Worked like a charm.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Day 29

Another major hurdle jumped. Yesterday we took our new to us (been in the family for 30 years) Trillium trailer for its first overnight shakedown trip. Everything vehicle and trailer wise worked as it should, but we arrived late on a long weekend so ended up in the overflow section without a picnic table or fire pit. It was right beside the playground though, so it worked out great for our daughter.

I had such an incredible sense of relief and freedom both yesterday and today. Not once did I have to waste energy planning on when and where I was going to buy booze, how I was going to perfectly pace my drinking so I wouldn't get absolutely plastered but could have my last guzzle just before I fell asleep, and I didn't have to face a beautiful new day with a hangover.

Tomorrow I leave this thread and join the 90 days and under group. When I first started this sobriety thing 29 days ago, 90 days seemed impossible...now it's an eagerly awaited milestone. See you there!!!!!!!

Murray
Old 08-01-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 30.

I'm with you Murray - moving on to the 90 day thread.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on everything Murray, I'm still chugging alomg ten days behind you...you rock!

You too lyddie:-D
Old 08-01-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

WTG Murray and Lyddie on the graduation to a new thread.

LaFemme and I are close behind!

Day 20 coming to an end...

How time flies when you're sober.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Three weeks this morning and I feel like crap. Sorry, sore throat, headache and ear ache. I never get sick...or maybe my body was so pickeled before viruses couldn't survive

Do people often get bugs in early recovery? I am wondering if it is part of my body adjusting to sobriety. I have noticed a bunch of people in early recovery getting sick.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I certainly got sick, LaF. I don't know whether it's a regular occurrence tho.

D
Old 08-02-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks Cat and LaF - the 90 day thread is waiting for you!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

I put two weeks without a drink to bed last night. This morning I was a bit snarley, but overall I have been very calm and serene. It is like my desire to drink just fell away. It is something I used to do.

In the past two weeks: I have lost ten pounds (with ten to go). My eyes are clearer, and my vison is better. I can trust my emotions more. I can concentrate better. (I would say that I can write better, but after reading some of the ca-ca I wrote here last week, I’ll call it a work in progress.) I don’t have to hide my actions or intentions from my family, friends, or co-workers. Money just seems to pile up in my wallet. I have started riding my bicycle to work again and revel in the simple joy of riding across town. I can trust a fart not to be an embarssring episode. (Eww – that is probably too much sharing.)

I know future challenges will test my resolve and my state of mind: Winter will likely bring the blues like it always has in the past. At some point I am going to have to try to explain this all to my sons, and do my best to make amends.

Please forgive me if this post seems to lack humility; I thought it important to mark where I am in this moment. I want to thank SR and the community here for the support I have received – Thank You.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by recycle View Post
I can trust a fart not to be an embarssring episode. (Eww – that is probably too much sharing.)
No, it's okay, it's good to air your dirty laundry

Along a similar tract (digestive that is ) while camping this weekend I was very much relieved not having to go to the washroom three times in the morning for embarrassing, noisy, and farty diarrhea's. Nope, no more of that for me. I entered, pooped, and left in blissful silence.

Sobriety has many benefits!

Murray
Old 08-02-2010, 11:50 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
I never get sick...or maybe my body was so pickeled before viruses couldn't survive

Do people often get bugs in early recovery? I am wondering if it is part of my body adjusting to sobriety. I have noticed a bunch of people in early recovery getting sick.
A million relapses last year, and any time I'd make it to about two weeks... sick. Caught the flu twice, and I hadn't gotten it since 2000--or even been sick more than a few hours in a few decades. So, I'd agree that at least with some of us, seems like we're playing catch up.

PS. I learned something from those 2 flus... the first, I eventually succumbed to the only cure I knew (whiskey) and while the flu did go away, it dragged on. The second, I stayed sober, and it went away much much quicker.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Originally Posted by recycle View Post
I put two weeks without a drink to bed last night. -
Doing good

Being proud of yourself doesn't strike me as "lacking humility" in this case. Keep up the good work!
Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thirtybubba View Post

the first, I eventually succumbed to the only cure I knew (whiskey) and while the flu did go away, it dragged on. The second, I stayed sober, and it went away much much quicker.
I used to know an Irish guy who said that if you felt like you were getting sick, drink and smoke as much as possible and you will kill what ails you. Sadly I used to follow this advice. Enough so that the thought crossed my mind briefly on the way to work today, but no worries, I'd rather be sick as a dog and sober than smashed
Old 08-02-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congratulations Recycle!