Notices

30 Days and Under -Part 3

Old 08-16-2010, 06:52 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

HI you guys! My move on Friday went well, Cat I hope yours went well too -- yesterday right? I've really missed you guys, I didn't have internet from Friday until now and missed having the support of SR on a daily basis, but I made it through. 24 days sober today, which means I will finally hit 30 days at the end of this week.

With the big move/change and all the unpacking and everything, it has been a little bit of a challenging time -- it's the kind of situation where I'd normally have relied on a drink (or six) at night to relax, and I will admit, I've had a couple of times in the past few days where I really wished for a drink. But I did not give in. I've really been practicing HALT -- trying to make sure I don't get too stressed out, tired, etc., and it does work. I am too invested in my sober life and too happy with all the benefits I'm getting to give it all up just because I get a craving. I practice "thinking the drink through" and remembering why I gave it up and that has really worked well for me.

So glad to be back on SR, I'm sure I'm going to be checking in often this week... I took the rest of the week off from work to finish unpacking and settling in.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:51 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I had to reregister. I was 4the boys.
I'm on day 17!
Can anyone tell me why all of this seemed like such a great idea when I was at day 10, but each day feels like such a struggle to live? All of the giddiness about not taking drugs anymore has turned to terror!! I feel like I'm just sitting and waiting for something bad to happen? I'm so fricken scared.
I'm not even obsessed anymore about if/when i get drugs, now I'm just scared to face my life, to try and continue my life like nothing has changed. I feel like my entire being has changed and it's not gonna ever be normal.(my normal since I was 14 has been drugs & drama so I really dont know "normal')

My husband & i stopped on the same day after 15 yrs, but we seem to have a huge split right down us. We have 2 houses we wrk so we dont get but a couple hours a day together and thats always w/ our people or kids around. The minute I see him I just want to crumble and bawl, he has friends to talk to and I only, ONLY, have him. Our whole lives I've always just counted on him to make things right and now I can see the same terror in him and it freaks me out. We have so many things all going on at once and that used to be okay cuz I had blinders on. Now I just want to crumble.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi 4theboys

I agree with you that face to face support is really important for many people.
Have you considered a recovery programme?

D
Old 08-17-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi 4theboys

I agree with you that face to face support is really important for many people.
Have you considered a recovery programme?

D
It's very hard. Thats why I'm here. Thats why I had to get back to here. I seriously have not one friend. I have alot of people in my life but not one friend BESIDES my husband. I'm one of those women that really believe in marriage and being completely a part of each other. I see the problem now.
I'm looking into a therapy program around here but not sure if it'll be possible. Thanks for replying.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

sat-cit-ānanda

At of the end of today I will have completed one month of sobriety. I look and feel better than I have in years. I’ve lost 13 lbs (with ~10 to go), I dropped the reading glasses, my sense of smell has improved markedly, my hands are quicker, my thoughts clearer, and I feel physically stronger and more robust every day. At this rate I will be Spiderman in another month. Emotionally, my relationship with my sons is mending, and I am much quicker to smile and laugh, and slower to anger. I am sure that sorrows and trials will arise in my future, but today I feel joy, compassion, and love. I want to thank SR as an institution, and most especially the people here for their support.

Whatever reservations I have with intellectual freedom here on SR I am putting aside to let everyone know who is struggling today that yes, yes you can do it. Whether it is one step or twelve, you can accomplish this, and at least so far, I can tell you it is worth it. I am truly blessed and so are you.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Everyone! Joining here from the 2wk thread.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 30 days recycle
Welcome to you HReady

I hope you find something that helps, 4theboys - but you always have us.
I've never found a more supportive site than the one we have here

D
Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all Just checking in... congrats recycle and welcome hready.

Day 27 for me... looking forward to hitting 30 days on Sunday. The past couple of days have been great for me, as I've started to exercise again (I've been swimming twice this week) and pay more attention to what I'm eating. For the past few weeks I chose to simply focus on staying sober and not worry about any of that, out of fear of changing too much at once, but now I am at a point in my sobriety where I think it's a positive thing for me to branch out into making some more healthy changes.

Keep on going everyone!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds good to me soberbythesea

D
Old 08-21-2010, 07:46 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is day 30! DAY 30!!!!!!!!!!! (Ok, yes I am just a bit excited about this.) Which means this is my last post in this thread. See you all in the 90 and under thread tomorrow!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations SBTS
Come back and visit tho, ok?

D
Old 08-22-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

WTG SBTS on 30 days! Day 15 here and I'm trying to find the right check in thread! As good as I feel, it's kind of sad to leave the under 2 week thread. Please point me in the right direction if I should be posting in another one.

No nightmares or headaches today - yay! Going strong. I hope everyone else is as well. Today, I won't drink.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Most folks move here to the 30 days and under thread inbloom, but there's nothing that says you can't drop by the 2 weeks and under one to say hi when you feel like it too

Welcome
D
Old 09-13-2010, 04:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Just moved from the two weeks and under thread. Day 16 and feeling the positive benefits already. Not to say its a walk in the park, but taking it one craving at a time.

IMT
Old 09-13-2010, 03:26 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

hiya IMT

D
Old 09-14-2010, 04:46 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hi D...so glad to join this thread
Old 09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi All, day 20 today and decided to follow IMT up here.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too yellowtail

D
Old 09-16-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 19, feeling very high on life and really enjoying being in the present and not tormented by anxiety and shame of my weekend binges. My routine would be to start drinking Thursday - only a couple as I have to work Friday, then friday a little more - usually a bottle of wine and some beer. Then waking up Saturday feeling anxious, dry mouthed, trying to recall if I said or did anything embarrassing. Then waiting for a decent hour to start drinking again to feel "normal" - chase away the anxiety. Sunday not drink much because of work, but still feel like crap because of the weekend.

No drinking Mon - Wed, still dealing with anxiety, guilt and shame...start feeling better by Wednesday and then shake it off and start the cycle again Thursday. Well, it's Thursday and I don't have an inkling of a craving except for food, but I know that's normal at this stage.

Well long winded but wanted to share.

Welcome Yellowtail, I am right behind you and will follow you to the 60 day and under thread in a couple of weeks.

IMT
Old 09-16-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by Itsmytime View Post
Hi everyone,
Just moved from the two weeks and under thread. Day 16 and feeling the positive benefits already. Not to say its a walk in the park, but taking it one craving at a time.
Congrats on the 16 days, keep up the good work.

Day 81