Notices

30 Days and Under -Part 3

Old 08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Moving into my new place 6 months after I quit was like a fresh start for me - and I haven't mucked it up yet. I like that no-one here knows old me LOL

Congrats Cat
D
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bez

i wasn't sure quite to expect in terms of withdrawal and detoxing. Non-sobriety was a bit of a choice. However, it just became too much of an effort for diminishing returns. Too hard to do. A couple sixers were too much effort and i can not longer drink fast enough.

I'm not sure if it's cold turkey or prior serious lack of sleep, but there's a rough patch in the afternoon where i feel my brain start to want to go to sleep. I have a glass of ice water at my cubicle to sprinkle on my face. Once i engage people (and my brain) I feel okay. I think it's the 5-6 hours of sleep i had been getting.

Try to do 3 epsom salt bathes a week. Helps with the detox, i think. And i'll take anything.

Thus far no one in my life knows i'm going through this and the journey shall be the reward
Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR bez!

D
Old 08-09-2010, 10:23 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Welcome to SR, then.

Seems like you're open to the journey... in which case it will be its own reward.

I know what you mean about the diminishing returns. Unfortunately, that's about all that's left, once that concept starts manifesting. You're welcome to check it out for yourself, but I am living proof that it does not, in fact, "get better," regardless of intent...

Best of luck Bez. Keep it up...
TB
Old 08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hey Bez and welcome! I have heard about Epsom salt baths for detox as well, but I am on day 30 today...yeah!!!! and withdrawal is not an issue for me now:-) SR is a great place for learning about stuff and getting support.

So this is my last day in this thread, legitimately. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the 90 and under thread!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 29

Welcome Bez!

Yea, I had a tough road with detoxing almost a month ago and feel great now. You hang in there cuz it does get better. We are living proof and you'll find so much support here.

LaFemme - congrats on the 30 days! ani I am right behind ya Chickie!

Had a really nice HOT productive day wheeling around getting stuff for the move. Has anyone ever tried to haul a couple 65 qt totes on the back of a bike about four miles? I must say that I've really become accustomed to not having a vehicle and these inconveniences are just part of my life now that I have grown to accept.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

CONGRATS LaFemme! I'll be in the 90 and under thread with you in 12 more days... Day 18 today

I am moving too Cat, on Friday. Good luck with your move! I too am very excited to be moving to a new home sober from the start...
Old 08-11-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 30

sbt - you're moving also? Coolness!

I've got things way under control at this end as I've got stuff stacked up by the back door ready to go. It's going to be an easy move for me and really looking forward to a new home and will NOT be smoking there. Friends from work (all who do not smoke) will help me move. And the gal at the new house doesn't smoke and probably wouldn't have let me move in if I told her I smoked. So, this Sunday is the end of the line for the ciggies!

The book from Allen Carr is really encouraging and what really caught me off guard is it stating in the beginning of the book that if you currently smoke, do NOT quit while reading the book. Hmmmm go figure but does kinda make sense.

No work today outside of the house which is good cuz it's gonna be in the mid 90's again.

Today is my last day officially in this thread and will be graduating to the 90 days thread.

I thank everyone of you for the strong words of encouragement not only to me but to all the other members of this remarkable family at SR.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:21 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Good luck with the not smoking Cat... I read Allen Carr's book on drinking and found it really helpful, so I would imagine the smoking one is good too.

I quit smoking for the most part in April 2006 but was still smoking the occasional ciggie until recently (like 1-2 times a month I would have a couple...usually when drunk, of course.) When I stopped drinking, I decided to cut out the last of the smoking too. It's truly such a filthy habit in addition to being bad for your health.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:24 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Yeah Cat!!! 30 days! You are awesome:-) hurry up and finish that book so you can quit smoking..like SBTS I really liked his drinking book, it gave le a whole new perspective on things.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:28 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Damn LaFemme! I missed your 30 day mark yesterday!! I'm sorry but great job lady! I enjoy your posts here.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Wrappin up Day 30 and another thread, but I'll be back visiting.

Carr's book is very convincing and I seriously wonder why people smoke (myself included of course). This book is going to really help me with this next stumble block. I only have a couple smokes left and will run out before going to work tomorrow. But I will not be stopping on the way for a pack - this is going to be it for me!

Keep up the great work all!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again to the 30 dayers...and well done to everyone, really
D
Old 08-12-2010, 02:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey all!

If anyone remembers me, I just wanted to pop in and say I made it 30 days Weds! I still can't believe I went from thinking it would never be possible to really doing it. And doing it well if I do say so myself

My computer died suddenly so I haven't been able to post for a few weeks, but I got the parts I needed in the mail today so I'm back. Pretty cool that it coincided with my milestone.

I guess I'll be moving up to the 90 days and under group. Thanks goes out to everyone who encouraged me and helped me get here!

Tuffy
Old 08-12-2010, 05:13 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 Days, Tuffnut and Cat!

Old 08-12-2010, 06:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Tuffnut! Good to hear from you, I was wondering where you went! Congrats on 30!!!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 32

WTG Tuffnut!

I'll be holding a reservation for you in the 90 days and under! See ya there.

sbt - good luck on your move today! Two more days here and I'm gone on Sunday. woo hoo!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Ethanol Intolerant

My fourth Friday in a row (25 days). This week has been tougher than the previous three. I guess I am starting to poke my head out (or is it pull my head out?) a little and start dealing with life.

Crazy drinking dreams last night. I kept trying to get to a liquor store, but something always kept screwing it up: Traffic was too heavy; Lost my wallet; Cuba Gooding Jr. One thing after another. I'm looking forward to getting out of the office early before the 4:00 pm "staff meeting" where drinking is required.

Take care every one, my thoughts are with you. Oh and if you happen to run into Cuba today, tell him he does not know ca-ca about reading a map.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations TuffNut

D
Old 08-14-2010, 06:02 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats to all reaching their 30 days sober! Keep on keepin' on one day at a time.