Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 42

Old 07-30-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

My whine of the morning is that I am literally sick at my stomach with worry about how much my car repair is gonna cost... I left it at a reputable shop yesterday for them to look at it, and I haven't heard back yet, and I'm more worried by the minute. I keep trying to hold out for hope that I'm wrong about what needs to be fixed and the real fix won't cost as much, but it doesn't seem very promising...

It's amazing how much I rely on that car. With my job being 25 miles away, there's really no other way I can get there, especially with no one else from my school living anywhere near me. But more immediately, I'm wishing I could get to baby Zay's funeral tomorrow, but I can't without my car. I can't take dh's car because I can't reach the pedals, and the part that moves his driver's seat back and forth is broken.

Ugh! Yep, definitely need broom flying lessons.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

And I know all about irresponsible pet owners!

One of our neighbors has a cat that she claims she "can't keep inside" which is a load of bs if I ever heard one. She just doesn't like to hear the car whine about wanting to be outside. The problem is, this cat thinks it owns the street and all the houses on it, and just two weeks ago he got into our garage without our noticing. DH heard what sounded like our cat knocking on the garage door (we let her play out there sometimes when the door from the garage to the outside is closed). He went to let her in, and in runs the neighbor's cat, like he has every right to be there! Needless to say, my cat was super ticked. I still don't know how we avoided them getting into an all-out fight.

And then there's the neighbors with the big ol' dog that have not bothered to teach their kids that dogs need to be on a leash if they are going to have him out near the road. Their youngest is only about four, and it's bad enough that he runs out in the road to follow his brother, but the dog does it too. Part of me definitely worries that one of those kids is gonna get hurt trying to save the dog from being hit by a car one of these days. Or that the dog will get hit by a car.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

LadyA, I think your neighbor's twin used to live next door to me. She used the same line, "my cat hates to be inside"...sorry, when that cat was sitting outside my window with icicles hanging off its whiskers, I wasn't buying it.

A nice letter from the Neighborhood Watch for Animals solved that problem.

Zip, a real ewww....it's Halloween in July! My surgery resulted in 30 lovely stitches on my nose/around my left eye. Where is that candy corn?

To top it off, my cold has settled into my head and chest. I've developed a new talent: how to blow your nose without ripping out surgical sutures.

Ann, I thought of you a couple of times yesterday...A car in the medical facility parking lot had a license plate that said BUBBA and there were pieces of toilet paper on the public restroom floor.

:rotfxko

Please tell me I will not be resigned to thoughts of you only when I see TP on public bathroom floors... ....nah...!

Chip and Dale and Dug the groundhog...Hysterical! And I thought I was being creative with my fish named Swish.

Least, your pup is beautiful and very photogenic. If I could see 100%, I'd say there was modeling in his future....which brings me to my next point...(about seeing 100%)...

I always thought the Thanks key was to acknowledge that your post had actually been read.

Since my left eye is swollen shut, may I be excused from using the Thanks key in lieu of saying that I read everyone's post and have thoroughly enjoyed the whines? The thanks key has been spastic on me lately and I'm too lazy to go back and double-triple check. sorry.

Hev, while not a typical amount for all of my garden areas, I've seen a fair number of bees and they were not humble! I had to swat one away yesterday as I was trying to get in the door after surgery.

Did he not know that I am THE Humble Bee??!!? (well, humble in training...I'm a work in progress).
Old 07-30-2010, 11:21 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fands, it was indeed MOOBY. Mr. Hev is going to do the pollinating with a Q-tip.

LaFemme - thanks for the idea of the Butterfly Bushes - never thought of that.

Least - when we lived in downtown Ocean City they actually had a Doggie Defecation Patrol & people could be stopped & fined $200.00 if they didn't pick up.

LadyA - I hope your car repairs turn out not to be as bad as expected. Let us know.

HBee - You are to be commended for even being here - I doubt I'd have the heart, after such a traumatic experience. Most likely I'd be in a fetal position, feeling sorry for myself for a couple days. Feel better soon, my friend!
Old 07-30-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

oh, Hbeeeee.....i'm surprised you are blowing your nose...please be careful not to rip the sutures & scaffolding..that will make it so much worse. I hope you feel and look better soon. as for the bruising? when I had my closed nasal reduction (after kissing a cement floor when i broke my shoulder)...I was black and blue all down my arm and face, black eyes (along with a giant metal splint on my nose after surgery, a la Hannibal Lechter coture).

I used this "Blue Emu" cream i bought from walmart (sams has the large size)...it was very soothing and no smell at all...it seemed to keep the swelling down and was gentle enough to use on my face/black eye area. originally I bought it for my mother's sore knees....it certainly won't hurt you.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Kids!!!!! (one in particular...) Sick to death of her lazy arrogant ass...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

HBee, hope you heal quickly, that's got to be nasty to deal with.

And Lady, maybe the car repair place will take post dated cheques and let you spread the payment out a bit? No harm asking?

Bubba's health card (our government card needed for any health care) expires next Tuesday, so needed renewal today since Monday is a holiday here. I looked on the internet for a health card office in my town, and it said that I need to go to the town 40 minutes to the north or to another town 40 minutes to the west. We drove north 40 minutes, waited in line and then when we reached the wicket the lady said "You know, you could have done this in your town."

It seems they haven't updated their website and we could have had it all done 5 minutes from home.

*confession* I got to have lunch out and a nice drive in the country, but this all had such quality whine potential, dramatized by the whine smilies...I just couldn't resist.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Having a really hard time calming down right now.... can barely control my breathing...

just got the call from the mechanic my friend recommended. They want as much to fix it as the dealership did!!! And they don't do any kind of payment plans, and they don't have a relationship with any kind of lender... I don't know what I'm going to do. All I know is I have several appointments this next week that I cannot break, and I cannot drive that car in the condition it's in now for that long; it's not reliable long term. The mechanic said I could probably drive it "to the store and back" and that's about it.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:48 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

LadyA - I'm so sorry to hear that. I'd be in the same boat if I was hit with an unexpected large bill.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks Hevyn.

A friend of mine took me back to get the car so I could think about my options over the weekend. This way I'll be able to get it where ever I decide to leave it Monday. Or whenever I take it to get fixed.

I gotta be calm enough to figure out how to handle this. Time to start looking into personal loan options and the reality that I may need to rent a car a day or two this coming week...
Old 07-30-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks for the concern, fellow whiners...not to be dramatic, but these 30 stitches are nothing compared to my first surgery.

The first one was so invasive that when I walked down the aisle of the grocery store, the people walking towards me looked like they were doing a remake of the Parting of the Red Sea.

I don't recommend such drastic measures, but it's a heck of a way to avoid playing dodge 'em bumper-shopping carts. lol.

LadyA, does your auto insurance have coverage for a rental? My insurance provides for one whether my car needs repairs from an accident or not...just a thought.

Least, I noticed that your mansion turn into a castle...?
Old 07-30-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Hbee)))
(((LadyA)))

D
Old 07-30-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

HB
Least, I noticed that your mansion turn into a castle...?
next, is the Moat!

Old 07-30-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

ladyA, i'm so sorry about your car, nothing upsets me MORE than car trouble....i always run screaming to my brother and nephew...(my nephew is a service underwriter and can put together an engine the way I bake a cake).

Hbee...i decided to go shopping at Kohl's with my splint taped on my nose...this really rude woman came up to me and said "I think it's wonderful that you get out of the house"....I went OFF on her...I called her a dumb old BIOTCH!!!...(right in the racks of polo shirts) and told her I was an ACCIDENT VICTIM...I didn't have elective surgery to have my perfectly wonderful nose fixed!!! my nose looked like a smashed potato on my face....and I was just so durn LUCKY that my office is next door to the Chief of Plastic Reconstructive Surgery...we eat Chinese food together at lunch and his nurse is one of my better work friends...(she was very discreet and astute about my swollen drunken face this past February....she says to me in the elvator..."Fandy you look like crappola, you are retaining a lot of water").

my nose is now perfect thanks to him...my nostrils had to be reformed...it's not a good thing to leave them looking uneven and squished...kind of pug-like....and the surgical fees just disappeared, my insurance never even saw it.

Sammy and Mooby are both asleep on the bed.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:15 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So anxious I can't concentrate on anything for more than a few minutes. Should be packing but don't want to put any energy or thought into anything, just want to veg out until I find myself on the plane going down the runway...

Oh well, don't have much to pack anyway, I travel light. Well I'm leavin' on a jet plane, and I know when I'll be back again... (rip Mary Travers)

See ya later whiners. Do'nt do anything I'd like to do. Love ya!
Old 07-30-2010, 09:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Friday night trying to slerp and one o the dogs farts!!! My dogs never fart! And yeah I let them sleep with me....ya gonna make somethin of it?

:-D
Old 07-30-2010, 09:46 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Safe travels, least!

Fands, I got so many sympathetic looks after my surgery, except with the kids, they were just terrified.

Women especially didn't know whether I was in an accident, a victim of domestic abuse or what; somehow I didn't look as if I had just had cosmetic surgery though...

...it must've been because the surgeon peeled half of my forehead down like a banana and sutured it to my nose in order for it to form a graft over the wound left from the tumor removal.

Dang! That'll do it every time... (that's pretty typical cosmetic repair after a MOHS type surgery, however).

(I know Zip....big eewwww and sorry if fellow down-under whiners are dining).

I won't even begin to whine about the cost...suffice it to say...I had no health insurance. Fandy, did I just hear you scream??!?

I know.

Although it's after the fact, I know more now than I ever thought possible about any and every state, non-profit, for-profit, local, community, and federal financial assistance program available. Unfortunately, I qualify for none of them.

If I can say anything, let it be this...buy sunscreen and please *use* it.

I never used a tanning bed in my life, but I was a Coppertone kid (in those days, who wasn't)? To have a tan was healthy looking, attractive.

The risk of skin cancer is becoming more prevalent in the media, just like breast cancer did. That's a good thing.

As I said, my tumor grew silently for over 7 years. I had health insurance for most of those years; it was the last one that did it. Damn.

Going to try and hit the hay again. A nap this afternoon threw my sleep schedule off entirely. nightie-night!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for allowing me to vent.

DH and I are going to our bank first thing in the morning to ask if there is any kind of loan available that would help pay for my car to get fixed, and maybe a couple hundred or so for a rental car while it's being worked on. We've been loyal customers of our bank for four years as a married couple, and dh has had accounts with them since at least 2001, so hopefully we'll have some kind of luck there. If that's a no go, I'm tempted to call one of my cheer moms who works for a bank and see if she can at least give me advice on that front (not asking her to intervene in any way, as I don't want to mix business and my personal life, but it couldn't hurt to gain some insight if it comes to it). I checked my insurance company's website, and they say the only way they cover rental cars is if my vehicle is involved in an accident. But it was worth a try, so thanks for the suggestion.

The really frustrating part is that I personally am not above driving a car with no air conditioning. I'll make do on that front if I have to. The problem is that the air conditioning is hooked to the same system of pullies as my power steering, my coolant, and a few other important features that I definitely cannot drive without.

(((HB))) my dad has had skin cancer several times, mostly from working outside for so many years in the construction industry. He also had a staph infection when he returned from working as a damage inspector for the government after Hurricane Katrina. I've become more and more sensitive to the sun these last few years, so I'm really being careful on that front. I hope this is the last time you have to go through this... Dad doesn't seem to have cancer today, but I know it came back several times.

Gonna try and get some sleep... this whole car ordeal has made it hard for me to unwind enough to sleep too long at a time.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

And yeah I let them sleep with me....
My dogs always sleep with me. Always have. I don't sleep well without them on the bed. In fact, that's one of the bad things about going away - trying to sleep in a different bed without my dogs...

Love and hugs to all.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

fands, better you wilded out in the polo shirt aisle,

then the Calvin Klein Undies aisle!

saving your whiners seat least

good luck with the loan ladyam

wont be around till tomorrow, the Rule62 Band gig tonight,

will be home at 2-3AM !

haven't done one of those in years,

i might sleep till monday!

whine nice whiners!