Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 42

Old 07-29-2010, 07:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes Fandy, he's the one Bonnie Raitt wrote that song for - My Little Runaway. He has no desire to run anywhere now except for the food bowl or treat bag.

Welcome to our new whiners! As Queen Ann says, whiners are winners!

My whine is a little one but it irks me to no end - people who don't put things back where they found them!!! I'm particular about keeping things in the same place so I can find them easily but ck doesn't do that!! I've told her and told her but she just won't do it! Aarrgghh!!

Am getting things ready to leave this Saturday for my annual trip to ek's family up north. Will be gone for a week and won't have too many whines when I get back (unless dogsitter doesn't clean up the poop) cause ek's family is lovely and I adore them, plus her three boys are so sweet.

Whine on, whiners!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hbee, my bro. had 2 surgeries in one week for removal of tumors...he was dx'd with adenoid cystic carcinoma...(parotid gland cancer)....the tumors had threaded through his optical nerves, plastics doc. did a nerve graft and implanted a weight in his eyelid so it would close..mucho grosso.

now that i have given you little seedling ideas, start with your plastics doc.....go online to amazon and see what books you can pick up cheaply with "medical or surgical terminology"...you don't need a dictionary, just need to know how to spell em. you can also get the software for your computer which might be better if you decide to work this.

if there are some tech. schools in your area (or county college) you can check out the courses...I believe it is only 3 months in duration to learn medical billing.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

where is ozy?????
Old 07-29-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Melinda, have you ever tried meditating to help with sleep?

Misty of Chincoteague was stuffed when she died and I I'm not mistaken can be seen in someones living room???

Todays whine, classmates who do not reply to reunion invite...do they think I'm getting paid for this?!?!?

Thanks for the whine!
Old 07-29-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Stupid July!!!!

Yep, apparently July found out what I said about it and I not being friends, and it is retaliating full force (it does still have a few more days to screw with me...).

Remember how I had to have dh change that belt on my car just two days ago? Well, I get to within a half a mile of the school this morning for cheer practice, and my new belt breaks!!!

And now I'm learning that I may need a new air compressor, which on my car will cost about a thousand dollars, and I have NO savings, NO credit available on my credit cards (which are pretty much maxed out), which also means I probably don't qualify for any more credit... so I have no clue how the he** we will pay for this.

I. Give. Up. Someone just lock me away for the next two days please, where nothing else can go wrong. UGH!!!

Too bad I can't just go learn how to fly a broomstick and be done with cars altoghether...
Old 07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Melinda...you and I are in that same Insomnia boat (or hammock)....I wish i had more ambien, even though it makes me do wierd things...some people sleepwalk, I sleep-cook, strange inedible concoctions that need to be thrown away.

I once prepped a casserole, turned on the oven and then went to sleep for 4 hours.

the OLD ambien worked well, the NEW improved CR version is sh!tfully inferior.

they stuffed Misty the horse? who wants her in their living room?
Old 07-29-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Creepy that Misty & her daughter were both taxidermied.

Melinda (& Fandy) - My sympathy for your sleeping troubles. I go to sleep, but wake up around 4am, reliving the past. It keeps your nerves on edge all the next day.
Glad to see you here, Melinda - about time you got around to whinin' with the rest of us.

Oz, still missing you.

Here's hoping HumbleBee is doing well after her procedure. I doubt I'd be as brave facing up to that.

Garden whines: Speaking of Bees - where are they?? I haven't seen one this summer. Planted veggies for the first time, but may have to hand pollinate the squash & other stuff. I don't know nuthin' 'bout polinating no veggies, but I better learn. Also, Ash trees in yard are turning yellow and dropping their leaves already like it's October.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm really hoping that something or someone helps you with that car repair, Lady, there should be emergency funds available for people like you who need a car for work.

My whine today is that I have become a regular Queeny Doolittle. It started with Earl the Squirrel and his lovely wife Shirl, and Mr. Blue my blue jay. Now we have Shy Violet, who may be Shirl's baby, Chip and Dale the chipmunks, Red and his wife Scarlett the red squirrels, Mr. Grey and his wife Edna (just liked the name) our gray squirrels, Dug the groundhog and the bunny clan...Hopalong Cassidy and Bunnykins (I call them Cass and Buns). We have cardinals and other blue jays that come just for dinner, and redwing blackbirds who have learned how to open the shells. And Granddaddy Crow and his gang, who can each grab 4 peanuts in their beaks.

I am spending more on peanuts than I ever spent on catfood, and rake the shells up every night.

They are quite friendly unless you smile and show teeth...then they scamper for the trees and bushes.

My whine is that I am going away for 5 days soon, to a cottage, and Bubba just may not be able to keep up with the feedings while I'm gone.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Ann, I got a chuckle out of reading about all those animals. I would love to be around to watch feeding time at your house

Least, thank you for posting that picture of that handsome dog yesterday. I'll admit that I've come back to this thread quite a few times today and just looked at that picture... something about that smiling face of his is quite soothing to me, perhaps because he reminds me of my dogs that live with my parents.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

welcome to whiners melin!

and there's never too much whineing!

just dont expect the results!

ewe!, gross HB!

least, is the OCD kicking in again?

ladyam,

if you choose the broomstick, watch out for trees!

hev, wow, i didn't notice til you mentioned it, not many bee's or skeeters this summer?

queeny, just keep singing, "Talk to the animals"
Old 07-29-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Mr. Hevyn should do the hand pollinating, i think they require a male.

what was the name of the golden cow idol in the movie Dogma???? it was one of my favorite movies with George Carlin as a cardinal in Asbury Park NJ, Chris Rock, Jay and Silent Bob, Ben and Matt were great as the disgraced angels.

I bought Sammy a toy cow and want to name it after the one in that movie....Mooby?..i already named his stuffed weasel after Mr. Fandy.....he beats up on it.

the real Fandy is snoring above my head, he is stretched out on the top of the headboard, dangling tail and fat paws.

Ann you need to hire a pet caretaker to rake the shells, put out fresh vittles and water, scrub the patio furniture...also, watch out for fleas that have probably infested earl and shirl and the entourage....you may carry them in the house...Chippendale?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ozzy, we are all missing you...hope you are off on a fancy vacation and doing well....or maybe you blew up your computer? or your service had an Issue?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The thank you button isn't working. Good night whiners. I love you.

never mind, there it is...
Old 07-29-2010, 09:30 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
part time member

Just food for thought not really a whine....what is the "thanks" button for anyway. I try really hard not to say thanks for anything because if I do the people that don't get thanked might feel slighted.

And why do we thank? Is it we agree with what the person said and we don't want to write a seperate comment just to say I agree with that you just said? Or is it that they got a really cute picture or joke or copied something from an article that we are thankful for their work? Or is it because we are glad that they told us something?

Anyway I don't like the thanks button because I am probably not doing it right!

Old 07-30-2010, 03:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

i think mr hev's got enough to do fands,

maybe mr fand's can lend a helping hand

Thanks for all the good whines, the not so good whines, and the indifferent whines
Old 07-30-2010, 05:05 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Least, your pup is a cutie. He's def. posing for that pic.

Things are a litty nutty at work...some changes...not looking forward to today...better get out on time. Grr...because I don't get compensated for overtime (which I'm sure is totally illegal...I'd have to go back and look at the agreement I signed to make sure I'm hourly, not salary).

But then again, I do like my job and it does have better opportunities. I'm going to grin and bear it for now...but if I'm going to be taken advantage of it's 'bye bye'.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ck is cleaning her room for the first time in three years. I should be glad, right? Well, yeah, except that now all her crap is out in the hallway!! Her room is clean but now the hall is a mess! Can't win for losin'...
Old 07-30-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Heyvn, all your bees have come to visit me and my butterfly bushes, maybe you should plant some, mine are drunk on pollin, they need Pollinators Anonymous...lol.

My whine is that it is a gorgeous day but I have to go to work, and that I am working tomorrow as well. Boo!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm going to have a talk with the lady across the street... she walks her dog and lets it poop without cleaning it up. Another neighbor is really mad cause she stepped in it getting out of her car and called the authorities... who said she had to take a picture of the dog pooping in her yard!!! Come on now...

So I'm going to talk to the offender and tell her that she needs to clean up the dog poop to avoid a fine and her neighbors being mad at her... I hope she 'gets it'...

Irresponsible dog owners... boo hiss...
Old 07-30-2010, 06:41 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Boo...irresponsible animal owners suck!

Whine 2 for the day, boy am I on a roll, my breakfast place messed up my order:-(