Aldo's story part 2

carried on from here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-story-21.html

D
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RustyZipper View Post
what worked for me was the mind change,

ala my reaction to myself, and towards life...
During the past few days I've been reading about the Laws Of Attraction....
Maybe I have been thinking too negatively.
When I used to smoke the green stuff I'd often have insights, one of which was that everybody takes themselves too seriously - maybe that's what I do.
Maybe I should just loosen up laugh/smile a bit more. After all nothing's really as bad as it seems. We, as humans, are really so tiny and insignificant. Sometimes I look at the stars at night and I think "if that star is many light years away and it looks so small, what are we (people) really? In the universe we're relatively not much bigger than a neutrino".
Maybe everything's all in the mind and it's all just how we perceive things.
I've decided to try, just for one week, to not concentrate on my negative thoughts. See how it goes....
Old 07-23-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've decided to try, just for one week, to not concentrate on my negative thoughts. See how it goes....

That sounds like a good idea to me, Aldo. I find that when I'm being really negative it only invites more negative thoughts/feelings. When I'm being positive it invites more positive thoughts.

I'm glad to hear that you seem to be feeling better about yourself. I know what you mean about looking up at the stars and wondering "what's it all about?' - I do the same thing. But I also remind myself that, like the stars and the trees and the mountains, I too have a place in the universe that only I can fill. I have a reason for being here even if I don't know the reason.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
That sounds like a good idea to me, Aldo. I find that when I'm being really negative it only invites more negative thoughts/feelings. When I'm being positive it invites more positive thoughts.

You've just condensed the Law of Attraction Least and yes Aldo, it does work. I've been studying it for a little under a year and if you are interested in that try going to Youtube and looking up Abraham Hicks. Their videos are real uplifters.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Horse Lover. I'll look that up.
Rationally reasoning, there's no reason for this Law of Attraction to work (on the other hand, there's no reason for it not to work either, I guess). It's almost as absured as the whole religious thing (which hasn't really worked for me). But it's worth a try....
Old 07-23-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

aldo, one week!!!

a lifetime of doing it my way didn't change in one week pasiano,

still working on it,

hell, its way way better now though...

good wishes
Old 07-24-2010, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are welcome Aldo and I think if you really delve into the metaphysical portion of the Law you will see it is quite possible. There's another great video and I bought the book, which is also good and that is called, "What the Bleep Do we Know?" Take a look when you have time. We are all energy and like energy attracts like energy. There's another book called "As a Man Thinketh," by James Allen. I can take you down the road on a lot of helpful material, but it all starts within and how you feel within determines what you attract on the outside. My belief any ways, rational or not. LOL!
Old 10-15-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello friends!
After my initial experiments with the Law Of Attraction, which lasted a few weeks, I seem to have forgotten about it and have reverted to my usual ways I'm ssooo miserable....
During those few weeks that I was practicing the LoA my mental-health/attitude/outlook had noticeably improved (both subjectively and objectively).
So I think I need to give it another shot....

Other than that nothing's new. Not drinking 2 & half years. Occasionally gambling (once every few weeks, but I'm working on eliminating it completely)
I think it was on here that some time ago I mentioned I'd been considering smoking some marijuana, for therapeutic reasons.
Well, I have concluded my marijuana experiments and decided it's not for me.
Although I must say marijuana is quite an interesting substance. I used to smoke it quite reguarly when I was a teenager (I'm 30 now), but it must have been horse s**t that they were giving me back then because never had I experiance what I have in the past weeks! (Warmth radiating from inside me. I could even feal my hair growing! Amazing "dreams" (but I wasn't asleep) ect. It was very relaxing. And it made me think and reason with much more clarity and concentration than I usually do. However I have not pursued consuming marijuana for fear of becoming addicted and also because since I started smoking it (I can count on the fingers of one hand how many joints I smoked during this period of "evaluation") I have noticed I've gained some weight (oh The Munchies! ) I'm loosing allot more hair than usual - so I don't know if there's a connection there, or if it's just a coincidence. I have also noticed that my anxiety/stress has become immense when I'm not smoking. So all in all I think the cons outweigh the pros. I'm trying to quit the normal cigarettes too, but that's proving to be very difficult. Although I know it's possible, as once I'd quit for 5 years....
Old 10-15-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Aldo - yes I'd never recommend marijuana to anyone - it's simply another addiction destroy my life and ruin some others.

Very smart move to knock that on the head.
D
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi
Just dropping by to let you know I'm still alive and hanging on.
I haven't gambelled for some weeks now, and have accumulated a little bit of money which will be very usefull to pay some of my bills/debts. So that's quite cool
Even if I continue like this it will still be some months before I'll be up-to-date on my rent/bills ect. But it has to be done.
Maybe I've finally got my head around it? The only way to get out of debt is to not gamble and to live below my means. Maybe I've begun to understand that.
Fingers crossed.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting ahead Aldo
Good to hear from you - thanks for the update!

D
Old 11-12-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

was just thinking about you a few days ago paisano,

and poof, you appear!

happy to hear your rearranging the thinking