Awww now you got me crying...
Old 08-18-2010, 08:47 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Administrator

ok - that wasn't the idea

D
Old 08-19-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Checking in day 12. Congrats sickboy! Feeling pretty good - life is happening around me (good and not so good) but drinking is not an option. I have a big challenge with travel coming up next week (not sure why but I seem to like to get hammered in airports). I'm going to keep it ODAT and focus on the many gifts of sobriety, now and future. I love waking up feeling so good. Have a great day everyone. Today, I will not drink.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:24 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hey inbloom! Good luck with traveling...I can't tell you how much time I've spent at airport bars...I used my post 9-11 flying anxiety as justification, and I loved that you could go to a bar at 9:00 am and have a beer and not feel to awkward about it, because hey, maybe I'm on a different time zone and it's really like 9:00pm for me!...I will have my first flying test in September!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:55 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Day 4--feelin' pretty good! Diggin' this sober thing y'all got going on.

You don't know how much help you've given me, all of you. I can't repay you. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Hey inbloom! Good luck with traveling...I can't tell you how much time I've spent at airport bars...I used my post 9-11 flying anxiety as justification, and I loved that you could go to a bar at 9:00 am and have a beer and not feel to awkward about it, because hey, maybe I'm on a different time zone and it's really like 9:00pm for me!...I will have my first flying test in September!
Airport drinker here too. For some reason I love drinking a Bloody Mary or 2 at airport bars.
My flying test will be in Oct.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

InBloom.....Bout .....LF and Ready.....

Y'all are really inspiring ...Keep in focus
for checking in

Last edited by CarolD; 08-19-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Airport drinker here too. For some reason I love drinking a Bloody Mary or 2 at airport bars.

Something I hadn't thought about. I'm scared to death of flying. White Knuckled. Insanely. Irrationally.

I couldn't get on a plane without being liquored up. Gonna have to come up with a solution to that one.

That brings to mind a funny story. Flew into Seoul arriving at 6 AM. The food on that airline sucked, as another American and I were commenting in the smoking area. We were both hungry, so we went to get something. Our solution was a Korean spicy egg dish in honor of breakfast, and a beer in honor of our clocks being 12 hours off. You should've seen the old Korean lady at that kiosk serving that up at 6 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hmmm....

I once owned a watch with all 5's for hours.
Cocktail hour was anytime ... depending on my mood.
And that was way before my alcoholism surfaced.

Before I quit...my usual breakfast was 2 strong
Screwdrivers + 10 mg Librium.
Then out the door for work.

Bout.... I don't have a clue about fear of flying.
I'm sorry that you do.
Flying private planes was my all time favorite hobby.
Hopefully....someone else can share with you on that...
Old 08-19-2010, 03:10 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Thanks LaFemme. I travel a ton for business so I'm going to have to get used to it! People always remark how organized I am to get to the airport with time to spare. It was really to ensure drinking time! Going out will be early morning and even in my heaviest days, I rarely could drink before late afternoon, evening. I'll be returning on a Friday around the witching time so that will be harder for sure. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep up the good work guys

D
Old 08-19-2010, 04:49 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Bout.... I don't have a clue about fear of flying.
I'm sorry that you do.

I'm not. If God intended me to hurtle through the sky at 35000 ft and 450 mph in a pressurized metal tube he would have made me a drink cart.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

You just might be an alcoholic if you think of being a drink cart.
I'm really enjoying your sense of humor....

Way To Go...on Day 4 and coming thru your initial de tox.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I'm really enjoying your sense of humor....

I'm funnier when I'm drunk. Also sexier and 3 inches taller.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:11 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

And Thanks.

Last edited by BoutDamnTime; 08-19-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Double Post but was going to say "Thanks" anyway
Old 08-20-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Day 5! Nine more days and it's "Adios" to you goobers!
Old 08-20-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

WTG Bout on day 5!

Day 13 here and I'm feeling really good. Had a business dinner last night which went very smooth (more ice tea and a decaf coffee after). Work related dinners have always been huge opportunities to imbibe. I felt a bit anxious at first when everyone ordered beers/wine. That lasted about a minute and I had a great time. I'm starting to like who I really am without the alcohol induced fog.

Oddly, I have had two straight nights with a couple nightmares. Not sure what that is about but suppose it's my subconscious telling me something (like - hey, whats with all this wellness? Here's a little test for ya....)

Off work today and will putter in the garden. Life is good. I hope everyone has a wonderful, sober day. Thanks for all the support as usual. Today, I will not drink.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:14 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

drinking dreams and vivid nightmares are fairly common, inbloom.
Like you say, just another thing to add to the experience LOL

they lessen over time

D
Old 08-20-2010, 06:36 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I've only had one nightmare, something about a rat on my face. Seriously. I think it was the cat.

I appear to have dodged that particular bullet.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome Cat

I think a lot of us could maintain the illusion of control sometimes - that's what makes the possibility that we might be alcoholic so hard to swallow....and so we keep looking for that control....

But - it was an illusion... at least for me.

I failed to control myself a lot more times than the times I managed to do it...I think now? those 'successes' were blind luck.

And seeing as alcoholism is progressive...they got fewer and fewer....

I know for a fact it was a spin of the roulette wheel really - there were many times when I needed to keep control and just have that 'one' and walk away - and I couldn't.

D
That makes so much sense to me. Just last Monday I was patting myself on the back for having a fun, 'controlled' weekend. Sipped over two beers on Friday night, then went out on Saturday and drank maybe 8 beers, but stayed completely sober on Sunday.

Was unexpectedly given a ticket for a football match on Monday night, then I completely took leave of my senses and remained drunk ever since. Haven't drank so far today, but the temptation is killing me. I know there's no prospect of even having fun if I do - at best I'll dull the panic for awhile. I've burned alot of bridges this time, worried my friends and family, phoned my boss in a stupor on Thursday to explain why I hadn't been in. The loneliness sat on my own in my bedroom is crippling me, but the prospect of facing anyone is terrifying.