Notices

August Sobriety 2009 Part 10

Old 07-01-2010, 06:32 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Morning peeps. No Melissa, I don't put sugar in it. I just like it black. I think the headaches are pretty much gone. It has been 6 days now since I have had a cup. I told my wife that I can't drink anything anymore. No alcohol, coffee.... gees, what is left? haha. I have always drank lots of water, so I guess I will just be drinking even more now.

July 1st everyone. I joined SR about a year ago today. Just crazy! Hope all of you have a great 4th.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Top of the morning to everyone.

Bdiddy, I have given up caffeine on several occasions. At present, I just watch how much I drink and that seems to work. I also mix half decaf and half regular which gives me my fix.

This year is half-way over already...how did that happen? Upon reflection, I am content with the way this year has progressed. I am at a totally different place then I was 12 months ago..yet, still not where I want to be.

Off topic...how do you politely ask a man to pull his pants up? We have a salesman who is 6 foot 3 inches..very thin. He used to be 100 pounds heavier. His pants are so loose and so low that if his shirt came out I dread to think of what my eyes would be exposed to.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Oh my ANew, hehee. I'd ask another man to tell him, personally. Don't know any polite way to do it myself, unless I was friends with said man.

Well, got back from MO/IA alright, I learned one thing about Greyhound and that is that it is TIRING. Landed back in IN about dead on my feet. Thank the good Lord and the various states' Departments of Transportation for highway stops...

Well, back here in new-home for a few days before the holidays, got a library card and am looking for a job.

Since that's what I'm supposed to be doing, I will now not be on SR for a few hours at least... man I'm hard to focus today.

Take care y'all,
TB, sober but woke up feeling kinda hung over
Old 07-01-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

ANEW, Ya crack me up (pun intended)

Off topic...how do you politely ask a man to pull his pants up? We have a salesman who is 6 foot 3 inches..very thin. He used to be 100 pounds heavier. His pants are so loose and so low that if his shirt came out I dread to think of what my eyes would be exposed to.

I would have some man in the office speak to him. Myself, I would probably use humor. I'll spare you my one-liners.

Good AA meeting tonight. The subject was resentment and how that leads to self pity, and how do you handle self pity. Given the stuggles my wife and I are having right now, it was a good meeting for me to be at.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Zebra

to answer your earlier question - it makes sense to me too - like Brent said, everything good I have now comes from me being sober - it all kinda radiates out from that point.

That being said, I hope you can save your marriage and have both if that's what you want to do.

Good luck

D
Old 07-01-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by ANEWAUGUST View Post
I am at a totally different place then I was 12 months ago..yet, still not where I want to be.
Me too.

Re caffiene, I gave it up about 15 years ago and don't miss it at all.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:18 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

As I was typing that this morning, the salesman was standing right in front of my office, the possible visual was frightening

Tonight we had dinner with my daughter and her friend. My daughter leaves for a national conference in the Blue Ridge Mountains early Saturday morning, so, this was her special dinner before she left. A year ago, I would have been either drinking, or recovering from drinking. I wouldn't have been fully there, fully present for such an occasion.

Progress...not perfection.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:52 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good Morning and HAPPY TGIF! :)

bdiddy...Congrats on kicking your caffeine addiction! You are kicking (BLEEP) and taking names, my friend! Send some of that resolve my way, would you? ;) Hey, have an AWESOME weekend with your old friends! I'm sure you and your wife will be looking smokin' hot! (okay, that sounds kind of creepy and swingerish, but you know you know what I mean!)

ANEW...Oooh...that's a tough one. Can you speak with Human Resources about this?

TB...Go get 'em! I just know the perfect job is out there waiting for you! :)

PC...That is great that you gave it up and don't miss it. It's hard for me to imagine, but here's hoping! :)

Zebra...Oooh, good topics!

Dee...I keep bumping into you this morning! :) Nice to see you again :)

Okay, I'm off...I hope you all have a WONDERFUL day and weekend!
Love,
Old 07-02-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Melissa- You always have a way of cracking me up! haha. You are awesome, and such a delight to have with us again. This thread missed you! Thank you for the kind words. Yeah, it will be a great weekend.... sober. I am going to hit my noon AA meeting today just for a "tune up" and make sure I am mentally prepared for the weekend. As always, alcohol will be all around, and I want to not only make sure I don't drink (not worried about it) but that I am HAPPY being sober. There is a big difference. I talked to one of my college friends last night and he had been golfing all day and he said he was "a little drunk" when I called. He said he will be drinking Saturday while with us, and I said that is good. He said " you won't be, right?" I said no. That was the end of it. I am looking forward to seeing all of these crazy guys!

So what is everyone doing for the weekend?
Old 07-02-2010, 07:47 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Morning All!!!

Melissa...well., Human Resources is one of the hats I wear here at work. I think I am going to mention it to a male manager.,and see how that goes.

Bdiddy...glad to hear you are going to hit the noon meeting for a tune up. You hit the nail on the head. It isn't about not drinking or being sober. It is about enjoying life and being happy. When I am not spiritually fit, my mood can go to the crapper, which can lead me to drink. Just as when I am thinking, life is good, I can have "a" drink and get
back to working my program, that can lead me to drink. Enough with that...you and your smoking hot wife have a great weekend!

We don't really have any plans this weekend after my daughter leaves...just going to take it easy!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank Anew. I hear all the time how hot my wife is. I get that all the time. The ol' "your wife is way too hot for you" and " you married up". haha. I guess I did. Not only is she hot and an excellent mother, but she put up with me and all of my drinking crap when she could have left me for someone WAY better than my drunken self. Thank you God.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hehe Brent.

Well, I'm looking for jobs more. Not going home for the holidays--reckon that was God too... probably wasn't a good idea. It was out of my hands either way. Looking for jobs in the day time, going to a meeting in the evening.

Today I woke up half asleep. Maybe Iowa's catching up with me. Maybe something else, I don't know. Nigh two weeks sober. And I feel hung over.

Still sober though.

Take care y'all,
TB
Old 07-02-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

TB- thanks for checking in. Glad you are sober and getting to meetings. So you are in Iowa now? Where are you?
Old 07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Nah, Kentuckiana. I was in Iowa, driving through, come home 'bout as tired as could be. Slept good last night & the night before, but I'm thinking it's catching up to me, all those days on the bus last weekend.

Heck, I'm not close to coherent. Good thing you can apply for jobs online hehe.

Ah, take care I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

TB
Old 07-02-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

TB-Nice to hear from you! Road trips can wear you out...rest up and take care of you!

Well, its Friday night the end of a long week. I am worn out. I had a crazy week at work, and at home. But...thats life. I just need to be focused on what is good and what went well, not sweating the small stuff, and remembering, it is all small stuff...

I just might have to get some ice cream or something sweet on the way home. Whatever I decide will be better then the old choice of wine......
Old 07-03-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yeah, long weekend. I'm getting back to normal sleep-wise. Got a place to stay for a while (via AA, it's radically different here) and am looking for a job when there aren't any lol. I'll get one. Pretty sure I will.

Been going to a meeting every night. They got a convenient place with a meeting every night at the same time, so it's easy for even soberbubba to find.

Last night was not good, I'd left the library around 5 with a couple leads, too late to call. So all last night I was fidgety and stressed. Went and bought some candy and felt better. Might as well just face it, I'm gonna be addicted to candy for the forseeable future. Heck, I don't even much like them.

Well, that's my check in, off to look for jobs y'all. Take care.

TB
Old 07-04-2010, 04:15 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
KC1

Sounds like you are doing great, TB. Keep up the good work!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hello all..

I hope everyones holiday was a good one. I am off to work this morning. Another week has begun....
Old 07-05-2010, 06:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Good Morning and Happy New Week Everyone :)

Have a WONDERFUL day!
Love,
Old 07-05-2010, 11:42 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

It will be a great week. I'm not working!