Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 40

Old 07-06-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I have a topper for queenie...it is a funny story about plumbers...as i've mentioned my bro. is "in the business" managing a large construction company that is owned by his wife's La Famiglia.

On Bastille Day, 2004...I fell on a wet tile floor, (completely sober), I had just come in from walking my Akita who weighed 97#...his fur was drippy, i went to get him a cookie, slipped and propelled forward, breaking my elbow and my nose, SPLAT...I am home nursing myself the following day, running the dishwasher....the HOSE breaks, spewing water througout the kitchen, I slip again, injuring myself....but NOW I am fueled by several glasses of chardonney mixed with percs....(courtesy of the 2nd Mr. X-Fandy who calls to check on me regularly...he cares? or he is just afraid of malpractice?)....he never says no when I ask for drugs.

I call my brother, who calls his plumber....no one comes....(I expect same day service, I am *entitled*), I call again, my brother leaves for vacation.....now I cannot wash dishes by hand with a broken elbow of my dominant arm...I am extemely P.O'ed when the plumber's answering service tell me he went to Brazil????? (who in NJ goes to Brazil? he is Irish)....I stick a magnum mini-flashlight in my mouth, by now I have eaten at least 3 more percs, otherwise how could i do something so stupid)...lay down on my back and "scoot" under the sink with a giant roll of duct tape in my good arm....I figure I can get 4-5 dishwasher runs out of it...until I can get repair...(which was done by my brother himself when he returned fro vacation, he saw me after my surgery on my nose...a la Hannibal Lector splint), 2 black eyes and bruising from my elbow through my fingers.

apologies all around and no bill....lucky me.....I wonder how much damage I did to my liver that week? I must have all of the cat's 9 lives by now.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I found a worthy and ongoing whine while standing in a long line at the post office today. A guy in the back of the line was having a loud conversation on his cell phone!! And no low-voice-volume from this guy, his voice was SO LOUD you could hear it all over the room!! I do'nt mind his having a conversation but for heaven's sake could you lower your damn voice a bit?!?! Good grief gertie!! Use your 'library voice' will ya?? Sheesh! That's as irritating as people who drive down the street blasting a 'free concert' out of their car windows at top volume!!! Aarrgghh!!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
cmc

My daughter seems alot better now. Her readings went really high which is due to having all the sweets needed to stabilize...plus what is known as a rebound effect. She went to work early this am and I'm still a bit stressed from it all. Not so much from the event itself but from dealing with the stress of living with chronic illness.

So that's still my whine and I'm sticking to it.

Stress whine-ku

Stress is so stressful
I'm glad I have such good friends
who will understand

Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

"use your *Inside Voice* Mr. Jiggles.....I love that commercial...then the dog pees on the rug.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:41 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

weather whine-Ku

"It's Africa Hot"

no one is happy at all

"sitting together"

I have a conference room with a big glass wall facing the sun...packed with 20 students desperately trying not to fall asleep....on top of that my headache has returned and I did not sleep well...my weatherbug now says it is 105.3 degrees....

I left the AC set at 75 at home for the animals....looking forward to getting back there, taking some aspirin and trying to sleep tonight.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:25 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

It's hottah than hot here in the Northeast USA............

C, am so glad to hear your daughter's better. Deep breaths.

Welcome to our wacky, whiner world, Ketchup! What a practical name:

I think it's no coincidence that this is the immediate visual image when the word plumber is mentioned...(I'm feeling very right-brained today)

Old 07-06-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Least, THAT is one of my favorite pet peeves, even 20 years into mobile phones. At least the booming car goes by. Some people are also close-standers when they are in line too.

One time I was standing in line and a guy was talking with his earpiece on behind me. It was a regular speaking volume and he didn't sound obnoxious at all, but I didn't want the conversation with his wife or girlfriend right behind my head. He said, "Okay, honey..." Ha ha. I turned around and almost said, "Hey, baby," but I didn't have the audacity.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fandy, water on floors is our enemy!!

Least, there oughta be a rule against talking loud anytime. Using our library voice when among others is only polite.

Whine-ku's are wonderful!!!

It's killer hot here today, even my gentle breeze is hot. I am avoiding going out because my car will be deadly and by the time the air conditioning kicks in, I am there...all sweaty ya know?

My mama used to say that ladies don't "sweat". She said "Horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow!"

I'm glowing up a storm here, mama, I hope heaven is air conditioned for you. *Mama has been gone 13 years, but I still hear her every day.*

Old 07-06-2010, 10:43 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

OMG i left my web cam on!!!!! :rotfxko

Originally Posted by OZboy View Post
..hey 'nans'..good to see ya..

..saved this one for ya..Ozy..

Old 07-06-2010, 10:48 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hbee...your sunscreen picture has been printed and is hanging in Plastic Surgery office, it has also been sent to the Research Surgery lab...(where they are transplanting artificial hearts into pigs)

even in the midst of feeling ultra-crappy, I pride myself on a sense of dry humor.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

We need rain.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:42 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Okay gang, turn up your sound and let's dance in our seats here and all sing along...

Old 07-06-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There, doesn't that feel better ?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

my weatherbug says it is 107.4...

watering my gardens seems like a losing battle this week....the plants will be crisps when i get home.....If I wash Sammy he will be instantly dry once I get him outside, hopefuly he won't turn into a doggy chiplet.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Did you sing along and dance, Fandy?
Old 07-06-2010, 02:49 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Did you sing along and dance, Fandy?
..I did..

..Hey,how hot is it???..I'll tell ya!!!

IT'S HOTTER THEN THE INSIDE OF A ZAMBESI SPEAR-THROWERS' CADDIES 'SAND-SHOE'.........phew!!..dat's hot...lol..Ozyku..

Old 07-06-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There, doesn't that feel better ?
Yes yes! It really does! I've never seen her in person or even a video. I'd always imagined a big woman, more like Aretha Franklin, but that little lady is little for having such a big voice! A blast from the past, what fun! Thanks Ann!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I thought she was bigger too. I love all her songs, they were just great picker-upppers....or as they said on Dick Clark...It has a nice beat and is easy to dance to...I'd give it a 10 Dick.

Oh lordy, remembering American Bandstand takes me wayyyy back.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

we sure whine a lot

new part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-41-a.html