Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 40

Old 06-20-2010, 11:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
off to visit mama and then grilling a steak for dinner.

Happy Fathers Day to everyone too!

Me too! Well, I live with mom so that one's easy, but we picked up some ribeye yesterday at a local meat market. I seasoned them today...they look so good and feel so tender...yum! I love steak...

And I'm going to a rib fest in a week. Woo hoo!

I'm never going to lose weight!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:03 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Smile

Hey, fellow whiners. I'm asking for your prayers Monday am and Tuesday afternoon. My dog-rescue-friend is not able to come get us so I'll be driving up there and back (about 60 miles and over an hour) with the dogs myself. Keep me in your prayers for a safe trip. Highways scare me, but this trip won't be so bad as it's almost a straight shot: two major highways only to get there, so won't need a copilot for navigation. But keep me in your prayers anyway. Thanks!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Mmm...steak:

Old 06-20-2010, 01:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sorry, Bam...my arteries hardened just looking at that pic!

I'm a fruit and nut kinda gal.....you know what they say.......

You are what you eat! :rotfxko
Old 06-20-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Too raw for me, Bam. I used to like meat rare, and then got the worst food poisoning ever on rare roast beef and have never eaten it rare since.

I'm taking King Bubba out for Father's Day Dinner, lol, how kind of me, yes? He gets to choose the restaurant!

Happy Father's Day to the fellas here, whether you are fathers or just great male role models and inspirations to so many here.

:day6
Old 06-20-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Ha ha, Bam, I actually made an "Ewww" face when I scrolled down and saw those slabs. I used to be lacto-ovo, but now I eat fish and fowl...maybe I will change again in the future, but it hasn't been happening when it comes to beef. Pork is out. But you don't have to tip-toe on account of me. I won't throw paint over it or hold a protest.

I thought of a whine a few minutes ago. I don't know how long it has been going on, but I just learned they are burning oil right on the Gulf. I suppose that will be the lesser of the evils, but I remember being upset when Saddam burned the oil wells as a military tactic. (*&%$#&^#(!!!!! I wonder what that looks like from space.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

OK, I love steak...(pair it with some lobster tails and i'm in nirvana)...I eat it very rare with some A-1 or worches,....red meat isn't in my diet too often but I do not scrimp when i enjoy it...the leftovers get turned into a cheesesteak the next day...(hey I went to school in Philly, the HOME of the cheesesteak)...red meat provides needed iron which I was lacking...thus I eat steak to prevent my hair from falling out...(makes sense to me)!

tonight i am having a strip steak, baked sweet potato and corn on the cob with (no butter, i can't)...but salt and pepper work too.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Unhappy

..MAKE SURE THE 'PUPPIES'ARE DRY!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oz, cute puppies!

Last month right before Mother’s Day, my three-year-old niece started asking questions. Her mom explained the purpose of Mother’s Day and that there is a Father’s Day, too. She went around for the next week asking when “Happy Kid’s Day” was. I know, she’s darling.

Nice thing about today: I took a nap which was heavenly. Bad thing about today: Now having taken the heavenly nap, the chances I will sleep at a decent hour tonight are slim to none. Sigh.

I would like to title last week "Sarah's Week of Zero Motivation." Much avoiding went on…I’m hoping I do better this next week.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Smile

..no 'Fathers Day' in ozland(Sept)..

..kidz love to take me out for a steak...

..mrsoz,well...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...lol...

Old 06-20-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

hey fands,

is there A Whiners for Dummies Book?

ozy, kudos on the latrine whine!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy....Pat's or Geno's?
Old 06-20-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

oh that controversy! i like Geno's...but in New Brunswick now there is Angels...slices of heaven pizza and ribeye cheese steaks...way too fattening, but so good.

The 2nd Mr Fandy and I went to the same grammar school and the same college( i was 8 years older than him)....but he went to Chicago for med school and did 2 years of his residency at Yale...before he came back locally because Daddy was ill...2nd Mr. Fandy is extremely book smart....he is one of the only people I know who obtained a partial scholarship for med. school...very rare.....he dressed very dorky, but i tried to overlook that(he had great sexdrive)...i once glared at these kids in a movie who made fun of him...because he was wearing a tie....(he was rounding before we went out)

sammy sez he wants a cheesesteak sandwich right now!..he loves cheese, i carry a slice in my pocket for when he poos and tell him how good he is.....(yes it is strange to put cheese in my pockets, it doesn't last long that way)hahaha!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
part time member

I still have the original Mr. LTT! He was going to turn me in for 2 20yr olds a few (clears throat) years ago but I ask him why a 20 year old would want to be with him? If he was rich....I could understand... (I think this is the only smilie code I know!)

Carry on....
Old 06-21-2010, 03:29 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My whine is that my "routine" just changed. I don't care much for change, that's probably why I was a slow learner in recovery, lol.

King Bubba is changing his work hours as of today. They asked him to supervise a late shift and he will be now sleeping later each morning, meaning Queeny will have to keep quiet until about noon. I don't know how to keep quiet. I know how to do laundry and run the dishwasher and cook when I have to...but keeping quiet is new to me.

I think I will go grocery shopping this morning, and then "quietly" put them away.

Good morning Whiners, happy Monday.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Ok...pic was a mistake.

I hate Mondays. I don't want to go. I don't feel like doing anything. I'll whine and complain like a 2 year old. *stomping feet*
Old 06-21-2010, 04:04 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

queeny
quiet until about noon.

better get some new bunnie slippers queeny!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Morning is usually my "get the housework" done time, and then I relax.

I will now take my walks and do my errands in the morning, and throw in some housework in the afternoon...or not, lol.

I am OC and this isn't easy. And just about the time I get used to it...he'll change back to day shift.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:48 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I'm more of a morning person to get things done too...by 4PM i am winding down....that's what happens when you get up at 5:15 every day for work.....

tell KBubba that running the dishwasher is like white noise....soothing his sleep...

I still have the ants! but there seems to less of them.

Sammy and the cats are now tolerating each other...but Fandy is now hanging on top of the fridge....I have to pick up his tail when I close the door to avoid catching it in the door.

watching the Today Show, they are showing me what to eat for breakfast....never eat bagels....(i dont bad for my glucose)....I had a slice of cinnamon raison toast...and a small 1 egg omelette with ham, lowfat cheese.

Sammy like omelettes too....his coat is nice and shiny!

OMG, ONE dunkin donut has 580 calories and 62 grams of sugar????? i would be in a diabetic COMA if i ate that!!

I am going to make a salad with meat and veggies for lunch and bring it to work...a wise decision so i dont eat junk....(like a small chef salad with sliced chicken, carrots and tomato)...its a never ending battle. sigh.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Leaving shortly for my trip to northern Ohio. Wish me a safe trip. I'll miss you guys but I'll be back... and probably with some good 'highway whines'.