Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 39

Old 06-11-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

$11.00 Ann? - $11.00!? You have an image to uphold, need I remind you.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congratulate me, oh whiney ones. I'm not completely brain dead after all... I've been worried and wondering what I'd do with my dogs, all three now, while on my annual trip to eldest daughter's family up north. Can't afford to board them and boarding would make them miserable since they're used to having the run of the house all day.

Today had a brainstorm: why not ask dk's long time friend whom I've always liked and respected and who just completed high school, and whose career training was in animal care!! She's groomed my dogs at her (former) school before for classwork. (the class did grooming for county pets, a lot cheaper and very good grooming too. Very popular service as they were always booked up a month in advance.) I asked her if she'd be willing to do that, stay here for 8 or 9 days and care for them and their special needs all day, every day. She said "sure" so as soon as her dad approves it I will start her training in diabetic (and geriatric) doggie care.

I am so relieved cause it will cost a lot less than boarding and they'll be happier at home and dk's friend will earn a decent amt of money for a kid her age. So yes, my neurons DO fire once in a while. It's nice to know I've still got a few working brain cells left.

PS, Toronto, I'm supposed to call the office back on Monday to speak to someone in their financial dept about fees and payment info. (((hugs)))
Old 06-11-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

A great solution - hope it works out. My dogs got very stressed the one time we tried boarding. (One lost most of his fur.) No more trips for us, until we can find a pet sitter. Good job, Least!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

..despite the rumors..i'm not Russel Crowe and i'm not dead...LOL..

....i'm younger..:rotfxko

Old 06-11-2010, 03:50 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy
I always suspected he was a drunk....him and those Lennon sisters.
Hmmm, ya think?

Yes, I'll have a wine sister, I mean, spritzer....with a twist of Lennon, please.

Mr. Crowe ain't gut nuttin' on you, my friend, ozzzzy.

Ann, $11.00??? Oh, the humanity. It sounds like your heart was in it though - that's the important thing. Didn't those Anti-Ques know they were dealing with royalty??????

about Jones New York being closed. Tahari makes my head spin.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

:day6..mawnin' all....lol..

Old 06-11-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
$11.00 Ann? - $11.00!? You have an image to uphold, need I remind you.
I know, it really was pathetic. However, I got a chance to "case the joint" and get a feel for where the good stores were and where it was a waste of time. And there were a couple of recommended areas that I didn't have time to get to (because I was wasting my time at the antique store/barn/thingy.).

I am going again in September...in time to buy some fall clothes AND an outfit for a niece's wedding in October, so I will have a "plan" together next time and promise to spend more than $11.00. I don't think I have ever spent $11.00 in my life. Even Bubba was looking and watching just waiting to show him what I "really" bought.

Ozzy, Russell Crowe could learn from you, and you clearly outshine him.

My mother used to watch The Lawrence Welk Show every Saturday night and I did too. I loved the Lennon Sisters and wanted to be a singer when I grew up. Only one problem with that dream...I can't sing.

Least, I'm just so happy for you, you're on a roll, girl!! Keep smiling, keep moving forward and smell the roses because they're everywhere.

Happy Weekend Whiners!
Old 06-11-2010, 05:31 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jones of New York - oooh, baby. I hope you'll stop by there in Sept. & save KB loads of money before the holidays.

Oz - I love it...you are adorable - what a wonderful, mischievous smile.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
part time member

I spent over $270.00 at the grocery store! Haven't been real shopping since April. Florida doesn't count. I actually had two buggies and had to take them both out to the car myself! As I was pulling one and pushing the other out the door I wondered if I was older would they have helped me? How old do you suppose I would have to be? A man even remarked that I must have a big family. EEkss it is only son, husband, cat and me!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Wink

.Hey Loves!!!...hope this will help????ozy...

[CENTER][/CENTER]

..I don't think being old would have helped!!!LOL..

Old 06-11-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

fands
Did Lawrence Welk promote Geritrol??? I always suspected he was a drunk

yep queeny, who better to know a shyster antique dealer, then a recover shyster antique dealer!

Mrs C, we guese you wont be canning any tomatoes!

at'a girl least, keep them brain cells o' fired up!

i aint going shopping with you LTT,

maybe you ought'a get some tips for queeny

i think Lawrence Welk like the old bubbly, Champagne
Old 06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Geez this board moves fast.... :rotfxko

I have a whinge. My neighbours dog wont shut up. It barked 3 times last night and woke me up.. These are the neighbours from hell who have loud, late and frequent parties.

And another whinge, had my first "drinking" dream last night and woke up with a "hangover" is that weird?

but on the upside, joined a gym today. Next week I will be whinging about having sore muscles :rotfxko
Old 06-11-2010, 09:16 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

My whine? People!!
Old 06-12-2010, 03:18 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

i have one og those dogs too ozgod,

and it's one of those mini-yappers!

with a hi pitch squeal type bark-yap!
Old 06-12-2010, 05:37 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by OZboy View Post

There's so many things wrong with this picture, but I can't get past the...are those boobs or balls? Or maybe a butt on the wrong side? Wow.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I see you all survived without me last night.....

I was so beat I just laid around and watched tv. today is clean-up the floors since they are done with most of the work except for outside trimmings....the new AC compressor is HUGE but very quiet...the new furnace is very quiet too.

my house is cool, and there is no sticky humidity feel...but NOW I have ANTS!!! in the kitchen, big black nasty suckers....time to put out the Trello.

Sammy is turning out to be a wonderful pet....he only had 1 pee accident this whole week.....he is very smart too...i am teaching him dancing tricks....the key word is "POM Wonderful"...like the juice advertisement.

Mr. Fandy made an appearance on my email this AM, sigh.....after I called him a weasel-he feels the need to send me homeowners offers advertisements.....just go away already.

had a nice long walk this am....and found good river rocks for the garden as a bonus.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

I have a whine that our British friends may relate to:

Queen Elizabeth's birthday is April 21 but every year she celebrates it on a Saturday in June when the weather is better. She turned 84 this year and celebrated it today with the usual military spectacle, Trooping The Color, which is a marching on her 'Horse Grounds Parade.'

I want the option to change my birthday to whenever I want it to be, turn whatever age I choose and celebrate it with a similar spectacle called Drooping the Drawers.

The spectacle shall take place on my front lawn, also known as the 'Bear Bottoms Parade' and shall consist of partially-tatooed young Latino men, partially-clad in loin cloths and fanning me with giant palm leaves.
Is that too much to ask? Sigh.

Ozgod...barking dog....horrible experience...are you friendly with your mailman? Maybe he can capture it and take it to the country like they did on Seinfeld??? Just make sure whoever takes him is not wearing a Rudy's shirt as evidence.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:34 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Wwhhaaaaa....it's lonely here in whiner-land.

Am off to celebrate Bunker Hill Day overnight with friends, followed by a parade tomorrow, in the rain, windy, at a 60 degree high temperature, in mid-June.

As for my previous post about the Bear Bottom Parade...

Old 06-12-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Suki - I agree, people are more annoying than anybody.

Ozgoddess - I see you have excellent potential here at Whingers. I had the phantom hangover thing quite a few times in the beginning. We'll be looking forward to the sore muscles whinge.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
part time member

My Whine for today:

I have to go to a graduation party for a 13 year old! She has graduated from the 8th grade into high school. WT....You can't even drop out of school at 13 so I don't see the importance of this. She is really smart and her younger brother is just the opposite..I think that is the real reason for the party. On the plus side...there will be food!! I'm bad... I've talk to SIL and she has agreed on both our families giving $10 and a (new) regifted gift!